It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure, the END

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I see alot of people commenting on disclosure.

DISCLOSURE WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER HAPPEN PEOPLE.

Serisouly, all of you people saying its at hand, or lets work to get disclosure are seriously diluting themselves.

Even if a ufo crashed into the whitehouse front lawn we would never get FULL DISCLOSURE or even PARTIAL DISCLOSURE. Governments would never open themselves up to the embaressment or shame that would come from that can of worms.

It will, never happen. Which is not to say contact with aliens will never come.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by theFederation

Wow, really? You just got here and figured it out in a few minutes, huh? Well, I guess we can all go home now. Thanks.

Serisouly, all of you people saying its at hand, or lets work to get disclosure are seriously diluting themselves.

I knew a guy who diluted himself once. He drank way too much Molson and now he's half the man he used to be.

Governments would never open themselves up to the embaressment

I have noticed that governments generally want to keep their clothes on. Okay, I know you have to work a little harder on the last one. Sorry. (I can't believe I just gave this guy 5 points.)

[edit on 7/24/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I dont think it will ever come either but for different reasons. One I dont think the government really knows what is going on and have been in the dark since 1942 when they formed the IPU after the LA incident. They have no idea what they are dealing with, except its probably not extraterrestrial.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
"Disclosure, the END", an interesting title. Given the classic definition of the word "disclosure" (pick your dict.) and not any of the co-opted recent "spins-of-meaning", I'd offer that "Disclosure, the BEGINNING" is just as valid a notion.

One major "contact" that survives scientific peer-review or "the big one" where "they" disclose themselves en mass globally to an effective number of the population and... well, that will change things a "wee dram" won't it?.

Once, just once, any time - exciting times - beginnings are inevitable.

Vic

[edit on 24-7-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings about the possibility.

The curious person in me would like to have the true nature of this phenomenon revealed, since it would provide any number of new paths of intellectual exploration.

On the other hand, particularly if it turned out to be an advanced species from another planet, it will mark the beginning of the end of the world as we know it, with the ultimate result likely being extremely bad. I don't think many of us would react well to suddenly being thrust one or more notches lower on the intellectual scale (or the food chain).

Equally disastrous would be if they turned out to be the work of some kind of human time or dimension travelers. It would mean that most of what we know about our world and how it works would have to be radically revised to account for them. Indeed, the very nature of our own existence would be called into question, and I personally wouldn't care for it, and I don't think there are many people who would.

Just for instance, what if it turned out that the nature of UFOs and "aliens" proved conclusively that our world and all of our individual lives were nothing more than an illusion, a la the Matrix, but with nothing even to wake up to, not even a vat of goo to crawl out of? It might be hard for some people to keep going to work if they found that out. The "real" reality might even be more bizarre than that.

Even the best case scenario, that UFOs would be either benevolent Space Brothers, or maybe passively indifferent toward us and would essentially leave us alone, still means such a radical re-evaluation of everything we know, that I'm not convinced we could successfully deal intellectually and socially with it unless they anesthetized us all, like animals captured for relocation. And that's not much of a "best case," is it?

Woe to us all.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by theFederation
I see alot of people commenting on disclosure.

Even if a ufo crashed into the whitehouse front lawn we would never get FULL DISCLOSURE or even PARTIAL DISCLOSURE. Governments would never open themselves up to the embaressment or shame that would come from that can of worms.

It will, never happen. Which is not to say contact with aliens will never come.

Disclosure will happen. Noone can't keep this type big secrets hide forever.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
hi SuicideVirus
why would knowing the truth be a beginning of the end, most of us already know the truth and we survive knowing there is more advanced races than us, personally, i think most people would be grateful to finally find the truth and maybe learn something from a different race, but our governments would never allow that, free power, peace and advanced engineering.
as for the "intellectual scale", i honestly dont think we are anywhere near the top of the list.............

if we are living in a matrix, yes i would like too know

i am not ready too give up on "disclosure" yet

new topics

top topics

join