It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeClawing Cats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Does this mean our new little kitty is going to ruin my leather couch's.

Thats a scary thought.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
SF,

How old are your babies? ...the younger they are, the easier it is to 'train' them. (And if you're persistent, you can create your very own circus!! Moscow Cats Theatre )

Scratching posts are great -- but (if you can) put at least one in every room. Give them something else in the room to scratch besides your chairs. Rub the posts with cat nip, and spend some time 'scratching' it yourself. (Okay, maybe it's just my cat. I'm trying to teach him how to eat grass... Or maybe he's just having a blast watching me eat grass... I'm not sure anymore.)

I've managed to convince my cat to not jump on the table or scratch the chairs while I'm around. And he's pretty receptive to my reprimands (a stern voice is enough to deter him -- except when eating fuzzies...)

The Director of Household Affairs has just entered, and so I must amend my previous statement: "I've managed to convince myself that the cat knows not to jump on the table or scratch the chairs while I'm around."

Someday, I'll have myself trained...

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Good for you Semper. I hate the idea of declawing cats; I would never do that to mine either. They have claws for a reason and who am I to decide they don't really need them.

Yes indeed I can see you pampering your babies now and no of course, I don't pamper mine at all. Letting them take over the bed doesn't equate with pampering no indeed they just look so cute curled up there.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join