It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Big Brother Britain, 2004

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
1984 aside - Big Brother is a corporate entity. Sometimes he uses government, mostly he bypasses it.

IMO - this is absolutely about rights to privacy and civil liberties. Definitely time to sit up and take notice, stand up and be heard.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Over 4 Million closed circuit television (CCTV) exist in the UK making it the most watched nation in the world. It is said that the average person can expect to be filmed on camera up to 300 times a day. I don't understand why the Brittish put up with this crap.

Ocelot, i bet this person was 'sprung' using CCTV.
Chief quits over sex claims.

The head of Cambridgeshire police, who was strongly criticised over his force's handling of the investigation into the murder of Soham schoolgirls Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman, has quit over claims of sexual misconduct.

Chief Constable Tom Lloyd said today he was stepping down over media reports he had sexually harassed a woman official during a police conference.
"This decision follows reports of my behaviour at a social event at the recent Conference of the Association of Chief Police Officers," Lloyd, who was promoted to chief constable in 2002, said in a statement.

Source

<< 1   >>

join