It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levitation: The Full Scoop

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Definition: Levitation is a phenomenon of psychokinesis when objects or people are lifted into the air without any visible physical means.

There seems to be several general characteristics about levitation. The duration of the phenomenon may last from a few minutes to hours. Generally it requires a great amount of concentration or being in a state of trance.

This is all i could really find about levitaion. i was just wondering if others here could contribute to grow this forum.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
As far as I know levitation is the result of a turning around of a magnetic field in such a way that we are no longer attracted by the earth but we get bounced of (sorry for the poor terminology).

In lab tests scientists have been able to make frogs levitatewww.spellmaker.com...

This is basicly done with a tesla coil.

If it is also possible to do this with concentrating I don't know... I'd love to hear other peoples experiences and or knowledge about this.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
From what I have read and seen, I believe that levitation is possible, but requires such a great amount of energy and focus that only a handful of people in the entire world are so psychically/spiritually/physically developed to accomplish such a task. And even then, they can usually only do it for less than a minute and will be entirely drained of energy afterwards.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I wish the world would become more aware of the paranormal. cuase there might be average people that never heard of levitation that can do it.

P.s. Yarcofin- like your avatar

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hi All,

Once, back when I was around 13 something that could be called levitation happened to me. Summer night, full moon, heading over to a friends house I had a run in with the granddaddy of Western Cottonmouths.

I was crossing a field that all the kids used as a shortcut to the other side of the subdivision, sticking to the little trail we used. Just as I was on the last bit before having to cross the ditch (there was a log that we used to walk across it) I looked down and at my feet, maybe a foot in front of me I saw it. The moon was shining on the biggest, fattest, meanest looking cottonmouth I had ever seen. He was curled up with his head raised, his mouth was open and it was hissing at me, standing his ground.

Instantly, my friend Toby came to mind. He had been bitten a month earlier. The snake had bitten him on the wrist and couldn’t free himself from Toby due to the barbs on his fangs. Toby had told me he wrestled with that snake for two or more minutes trying to get if off of him. Finally he just ripped it out, and the two fangs ripped flesh out and made two ragged four inch gashes down his wrist. He was close to home and his parents took him to the ER and he almost lost his life and then when his life was saved he almost lost his arm from the poison.

All instantaneous, all wrapped up in one moment when I saw it. From my gut, all my mind, all my body said, “NO!, AWAY!” As I said this in my mind, I rose up five feet, straight up. Then ten feet back, straight back at the five foot level. Then from the five foot level straight down, slowly. The second my feet touched the ground I ran home.

Whew, this was hard to write about, I really, really hate snakes,

STM

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
That is AMAZING....Very cool.....Did that power ever help you again?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
seentoomuch:

That is truely incredible. This sounds like flying in a dream. Were you able to do this again after that?

I have only had 1 experience with levitaion and it wasnt me it was an object A friend and I were holding. But it happend, so I believe your story.

Great!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Your are going too technical, forget about science for a moment and read more about the Tibet Monks. They can do it, not only with their body but also with others objects.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
No, It hasn't happened since.

There was one time that I have not told anyone about before, it wasn't quite the same, don't know if it would qualify as levitation though, probably would be considered bi-location with me floating as I appeared to the other people. It was actually a pretty funny story, one of the Tom lessons from walk with an angel, just haven't worked up the nerve to post it yet. Go ahead, laugh, bi-location, right, you betcha. That's exactly why I haven't posted it yet, if I ever will. But, levitation was involved in a strange way though definitely not under my control.

I would guess that there are people out there capable of levitation upon demand. These people must have an amazing intensity of focus and a huge amount of knowing/no doubt/faith for every moment that they do these feats. To achieve that mindframe it would imo require that they live a hermit's life, communing with God, wildlife, growing food; very difficult to maintain for long in this day and age.

Just my opinion, I could be more detailed but it is getting late and Cheech (my rat terrier) is kicking me in the ribs wanting me to turn off the laptop and go to sleep.

Hope my post makes sense to you and to me in the morning,

STM

[edit on 8/12/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
I would guess that there are people out there capable of levitation upon demand. These people must have an amazing intensity of focus and a huge amount of knowing/no doubt/faith for every moment that they do these feats.
[edit on 8/12/2007 by seentoomuch]

hmmmm
it would be great if people came out and talked about it. the ability to go anywhere you can imagine. ex: if you want pizza, go to italy.

i guess that focus you need would take years and intense meditation.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
That special 1 in a million person.
Alpha and beta?

[edit on 25-11-2007 by Bullet Proof]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
See the Criss Angel thread for a full discussion of human levitation along with people who are certain that it is not possible despite the evidence.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
well today there was the screen door which generally needs to be closed by hand and i went out and rather annoyed thought CLOSE SO I DONT HAVE TO!!! and when my hand came within 5 inches of it it closed twice this happened and i doubt i did it because i think it was gravity or something

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
First off, that frog levitation isn't really levitation as in defying gravity by some unknown force. Since all the cells in your body have a magnetic charge or orientation, if you have a powerful enough magnet you can pick them up. They've used that huge magnetic machine to levitate bugs too, among other things.

There are some unsubstantiated cases where for instance some monk from centuries ago was supposedly witnessed to have levitated in a church, or you hear stories of Tibetan monks levitating. But today in the age of film and video it seems all that ability has disappeared. Some claim they can levitate but all they do is jump up and down while their legs are crossed. They aren't levitating because they just go up and down following a normal gravitational path. Too much lying going on to know what is true.

As for the story about from the Cottonmouth snake guy. If true, that might fall into the guardian angel phenomenon, where some invisible supernatural being sees your life might end, so they step in to save it. I know somebody who was driving a car alone late one night when he heard a voice inside his car say "pull over". He pulled over and a short while later another car came speeding down the road in the wrong direction. There are many cases like this. It's a one time thing, so don't expect somebody to be able to levitate at will.

Talk is cheap. If somebody in the world today claims they can levitate either themselves or other objects, then they should do it in front of a video camera. If they refuse then you can assume they're lying.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hey everyone. First post ever
okay, found this on youtube. It looks legit but its totally possible there are guys pulling this guy up by ropes. Pretty intense if its real.

Its wierd how it looks like hes trying to balance on something.

youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hi All,

As is evidenced by the poster who relayed experience in levitation and then stated that it didn't happen since, this points to levitation, a form of telekinesis, being a Gift of the Spirit.

A misconception that many people have is that those who routinely bend eating utensils and who perform levitation off of a magician's stage, have been somehow training to do that. It simply doesn't work that way.

Theirs is a Gift of the Spirit. A community of discarnates combine their energy in The Light to grant them that Gift.

I have also had telekinesis and healing energies channeled through and around me, briefly and rarely. My direct experience taught me that those manifestations have nothing to do with my meditations or Radiance, and everything to do with people on the Other Side who briefly decided to work through me.

If you want to see an abundance of videos on telekinesis, levitation, and related, go to my Great Reference Links page in my signature and scroll down to the appropriate section.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I would never have believed this possible, had it not happened to me. Once very recently while meditating parts of my body started to levitate.

I can't explain it, and I don't blame anyone for not believing me. First of all, I was lying down (not my usual meditation "pose"). I was in a profoundly sad and emotional state (in mourning).

In the middle of my meditation, my arms lifted about 4-5 inches, my head lifted maybe an inch and I felt like my legs were being pulled upward, although I don't believe they actually lifted. The rest of my body also felt like it was being pulled upward, but it felt like it was too heavy to go.

I was deep in meditation, yet I was aware of this and it freaked me out. I tried to "wake up" and "return", yet I couldn't for quite awhile (maybe 5-10 minutes). My head started spinning so bad it hurt and I felt nauseous.

Even after I woke up, I felt like I might puke from my head spinning so fast. It really scared and starteled me, yet I assume there was some meaning there to be had. Btw, I have never told anyone this, and probably never will (besides here), because I'm sure no one would believe me, but it DID happen.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Sometimes what happens is a person applies a 'fantasy' idea to a real incident and then replays it over and over in their mind until reality and fantasy fuse.

Or perhaps a dream is remembered as a real event.

So there are other explanations which, though are not strictly 'lying' are fanciful and not representative of reality.

For instance in this case the person might have felt and experienced and even 'seen' the levitation. But if there had been someone there filming the event they might have recorded something completely different, or perhaps they'd record the person jumping 2-3 feet in the air, but due to adrenaline they felt as if the jump wasn't caused by them.

Still, cool story!

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
To Badge01

I never had, nor do I, have any fantasy for levitation. I have never wanted to do it, nor did I really believe in it.

I understand what you're saying, and a month ago I probably would have agreed with you, but I'm telling you that my story is true.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Hi philosopherrose,

Some people are not to be convinced, even with sincere and objective testimony, that levitation and telekinesis exists.

It is not a bad reflection on you in providing that testimony, but on them in not be able to emotionally accept it.

In other words...

Don't sweat it

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join