It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush warns anew of al-Qaida threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Bush warns anew of al-Qaida threat

news.yahoo.com

In broad strokes, Bush linked the Iraq war to an event that Americans remember deeply — the Sept. 11 attacks, not the sectarian strife among Iraqis, which has caused some to question U.S. military involvement.

"I've presented intelligence that clearly establishes this connection," Bush said after spelling out details of foreign ties and leadership of al-Qaida in Iraq.

Bush's critics argue just the opposite point — that the war is not reducing the threat to America, but increasing it by swelling and unifying al-Qaida's numbers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prisonplanet.com
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well here comes a new term right out of Karl Rove's brain.

"Al Qaida in Iraq" ....kinda like "Al Qaida Lite" or "Diet Al Qaida".

This must be some of the new 'Re-Branding" that we have heard about with help from Madison Avenue. You know, "same great taste without the calories" becomes....."same great enemy without the truth"

Read how many times it is repeated in the original article.

Please review the links provided above for additional info on re-branding stories.

Be sure to watch for this new term "Al Qaida in Iraq" to be popping up among all the Bushie pundits and problably less of "Global War On Terror" which is now "Brand X". Would you like fries with that?

Regards...kk

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

revised and edited for typos and brevity

[edit on 24-7-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Just a comedic look at Bush's views on Al Qaeda in Iraq:

Bush: "The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq were the ones who attacked us in America on September the 11th."

Jon Stewart Video Link

If he could talk about 1/2, 2/3 and 3/4 of Al Qaeda's members, why, all of a sudden, are they strong enough to do so much more than they could before?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
the president made his 'speech' immediately after the Democrat presidential hopefulls debate forum, just last night [[both in S.C.]]

[[AQ in Iraq, is not AQ that had (presumably) a hand in 9-11...''

AQ in Iraq, has the focus of causing the Iraq government *albiet, puppet*
to fall... thus leaving the country a 'staging area' for all sorts of middle-east mischief and a haven for radicals, including 'AQ',
if we are to follow the presidents logic.

surrealism

[edit on 24-7-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What struck me was the way he used the same old slogan "We are fighting them there (AQ in Iraq) so we don't have to fight them here," then went right on to say the NIE reported AQ sleeper cells in the US seeking explosives and preparing to strike the Homeland soon, though we don't know where or when.

Obviously we are fighting them here, and have been all along, with the invasive tactics of the PAct and WWT program. Another link in the chain of lies exposed.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
OK, as the OP and in all fairness, I just found the following.

It was an interview with a DHS advisor on FOX. Apparently, the term AQI ( Al Qaeda in Iraq ) first appeared in the recently released National Intelligence Estimate.

MR. WALLACE: Let's turn to al Qaeda in Iraq. The NIE, the intelligence estimate says, and let's put it up on the screen. "AQI, al Qaeda in Iraq, is al Qaeda's most visible and capable affiliate. And the only one known to have expressed a desire to attack the homeland."

Source:

rawstory.com...

BTW, Watch her "tap dance" in above link.

At any rate, they sure picked up on it. Perhaps I gave Mr. Rove too much credit. Just wanted to set the record straight, my theory was wrong and I am promptly admitting it.

BTW, I could not "EDIT" my original post. Why is that????

thanks....kk

This post edited for typos

[edit on 24-7-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
too much time had passed to edit.

but, your point is still valid. it is a re-hash. poo, by any other name, still smells as funky. We were never in any more danger than we ever had been. There has been occasional attacks, and most of them have been found to either had a gov't hand, or allowed by the gov't to rally the people against a cause they felt worthy of sacrificing lives for whether a worthy cause (nazi) or worth ($$$).

it fits so perfectly to something that guy I liked to watch (Olberman?) when I kept a tv has shown. Every time a democratic thing goes on, there is some crazy stuff that comes out by the 'administration' to draw attention away from it ... sometimes an increased terror alert, or some info from abroad, or some fake threat such as the gas line thing which was utter nonsense on the same insane false line of thinking as 'the y2k bug will make planes fall from the sky'.

What they don't realize, some people are tuning out altogether from all of their nonsense. I don't care what threats the 'claim' there are, what color they say it is, or any of their b.s. I live my life, try to tell people to wake up and see what life is really about, and what is going on around them. Turn off the tv, step away from the recycled radio, and read ... talk to family and friends, and quit worrying about everything. Get outside, use you body - to work (get your minds out of the gutter) ... instead of hiring someone, do it yourself, instead of using power(ed) tools, buy an old fashioned push mower (no motor), garden, etc. That is what made people of the past physically and mentally in shape. If you are strong in mind, body, and spirit ... you will see what is going on, and be able to defend your loved ones against it. Imagine if Louis and Clark drove a Cadillac, daniel boone played nintendo ... we have become too obsessed with technology that really doesn't seem to make people happy, and when it does, it is but for a brief moment.

AQI ... what a joke. Well, if we have almost all of our troops, plus hired guns in there now, and it is a problem ... then bring them home. Because, as he said, there are sleeper cells ... and in a few hundred thousand troops can't fight a few hundred in deserts and caves ... then they will need all of them to take out some guy in his mom's basement playing with dry ice. It is all a bunch of hooey, I wish there wasn't still some people dumb and blind enough to believe everything these dummies say and do ... and the bought and paid for media need to quit polishing each others' (door) knobs and report the truth like a person with self respect, honor, and values the TRUTH should do.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The president is been pushed by his own party and people of interest to fix the growing gap in the Republican followers that are so disgusted with this Republican administration that they will move anywhere else that will give a better choice and represent them.

The Democrats are gaining ground and what else the Republicans have but the old 9/11 and Al-qaida threat that help keep the Republicans in power in 2004.

I find this attempts pathetic and very tiresome.

The president should be ashame of telling the people in this nation that he brought the Al-qaida into Iraq, destroy that nation, kill their people but at the same time claim liberation and democracy.

Outrageous, Bush is delirious, getting short of speeches and time.

new topics

top topics

join