It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are UFO Pictures always far away?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It's funny because all the footage that ever seems to be caught is always far away, distorted or unprovable. I have never seen a picture that was up close or someone that had a good camera and an excellent zoom lens to capture a indisputable UFO.

Why is this?

Why can't someone get a close-up of a UFO?

And if someone did get a close-up would it be deemed a fraud or a hoax?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Oh i dont know, there is always the possibility that they are all military test aircraft that wish to remain a few metres from the public eye?

Even if they ARE alien, lets face it - if you were an alien race that had observed recent american foreign policy and basic global xenophobia that seems to be part of our generic human psyche, you'd keep your distance!

Or would you LIKE to be probed by a wierd species in a secret facility if you visited a new planet?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That's probably because the UFOs are all so far away...

[edit on 24-7-2007 by sodapop04]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, there is the "drone" picture, which *is* close-up, but personally I believe that to be a fake. Some ufologists claim that merely being close to a UFO can render electronics inoperable.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Either that or by some strange logic it actually isnt easy to photograph an unidentified object moving at an unknown and possibly Huuuuge speed - most likely in the dark...

Who'd have thought that?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
It's funny because all the footage that ever seems to be caught is always far away, distorted or unprovable. I have never seen a picture that was up close or someone that had a good camera and an excellent zoom lens to capture a indisputable UFO.

Why is this?

you mean like this?

Well mostly because they are so fast that there and disappeared that noone is able to grasp the camera?
Because you don't stand in 10.000 feet height?
Because they are mostly not sighted but found behind in the picture in a little spot?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Why is this?

That's why they are called UFO, unidentified flying object.

If they are closed up pictures to be easily identified or given names then it won't be this much fun!

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul the seeker
you mean like this?

Well mostly because they are so fast that there and disappeared that noone is able to grasp the camera?
Because you don't stand in 10.000 feet height?
Because they are mostly not sighted but found behind in the picture in a little spot?

The photo provided has been discussed here before and if I recall correctly it was deem a hoax.

You see the reason I ask these questions are no matter what anyone comes up with, valid proof will be dis proven somehow. Even if someone actually sees a UFO how do you know that you were not seeing a 3D holograph?

So many angles to disprove anything that is presented.

Our human senses can be easily deceived.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The photo provided has been discussed here before and if I recall correctly it was deem a hoax.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by Realtruth]

I'm not certain there's been a definitive argument for hoax, but it certainly isn't evidence, for all the usual reasons.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Given that there is no publicly known UFO flight schedule in which to look for and photograph them, the vanishingly rare random points in time in which people see a UFO and have a camera with them means that most if not all such pictures will be pretty bad.

Any UFO photograhs that are considered uncommonly clear are almost immediately labeled hoaxes or they ar simply ignored by the press.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by Frith]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith

Any UFO photograhs that are considered uncommonly clear are almost immediately labeled hoaxes or they ar simply ignored by the press.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by Frith]

This is exactly what I am driving at. It is extremely frustrating for everyone involved in UFO findings when the media, government, etc work together to quash any and all findings that are clear and credible.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well i asked myself this question & the answer came out yesterday as clear as crystal

1-Bad equipment/devices(even if you think it's the best of the best)

2-ufos have anti detection systems / perfectioned anti radars
That's why since the 50's we couldn't even chase & shoot down one single ufo(roswell's crash being a self crash in my opinion)

keep in mind some very credible persons such as pilots(in other words people well trained in observation & knowledge of available technologies) have seen ufos appearing/disappearing as easy as you say "hi".

The highest chance to get something exploitable at the end of the day seems to be a camera with high speed capture and i mean very high not 25frames/second and preferably an infra red cam.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Why is this?

There are no specified times for UFOs to appear and I highly doubt people walk around carrying high quality HD type equipment with them 24/7.
But on the other hand, they may have say... a cellphone or a smaller digi cam (more portable with the smaller zooms) since those are things you may find more commonly in the public.

UFO's seem to always be flying high and most people are on the ground a majority of the time so how close do you expect?

And I believe the closeup would be claimed a hoax and simply CGI since everything that is a more convincing pic MUST be CGI now
(well for the people that simply dont want to believe that is)

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by isitmagic
And I believe the closeup would be claimed a hoax and simply CGI since everything that is a more convincing pic MUST be CGI now
(well for the people that simply dont want to believe that is)

Why should there be a ''must'' if it's the truth for a particular image? (Or set of images)

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
lets put common sense into play here.

a) not every one has a damn telescope lens, let alone be the first to run and grab it

b) not every one has hd camcorders

c) they rarely fly close to anything let alone humans.

yes they have been shot in really well quality and fairly close, and im not talking about some of the garbage on youtube. thanks.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
it's also not the easiest thing in the universe to ask an alien pilot to land and get out and pose for a camera for some strange reason

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Because in that case we'll quickly identify it and it will cease to be an UFO, so by definition UFO pics must remain fuzzy/noisy/blurry and dark

Joking aside, that is surely possible given ufos are taken seriously. We spend trillions on searching for uranium/oil/gold even comet dust and tiny pieces of rocks from mars which found there way to earth due to meteor impacts (Yes, nasa does that), but we don't take ET guys seriously. So far I haven't heard of major research in the field of ufos or any good attempts to find them or study them.

On the contrary we set up most elaborate hoaxes possible and fool everyone for our personal entertainment. We spread disinfo, lies and plain nonsense to sell our dvds/books and such. No wonder sane people stay away from this subject and even if one sees something extraordinary he keeps his mouth shut for the fear of being ridiculed or being called as a hoaxer.

There are some who dare, but ufos are like ghosts, you see them now, now you don't, which makes it very difficult to get any evidence. Finally, the aliens (if there are any here), don't wish to reveal themselves and ensure that we remain in dark about them. And they are successful, well they should be, its no big deal when you are a million years ahead in technology and science.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Being into aviation photography I often wonder why these guys haven't caught high quality images of ufo's. They have everything that is required, the gear, they look up at skies and they have experience. Might be simply that those pesky ufo's dont like to hang around airports much, but I've seen many ufo reports around airfields...

Maybe they get the images and are afraid to be ridiculed by their peers in the plane spotting scene so they keep them for themselves?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have always wondered about this as well - if I see an object (UFO) in the distance, isn't it directly overhead someone somewhere!! And if so, why wouldn't the people directly below it be astounded enough to take a picture!

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well how many of us look at the skies straight above us? That would be a pain in the neck
We observe the sky mostly around us near the horizon, not directly above.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join