It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq, Afghan vets sue VA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Iraq, Afghan vets sue VA

detnews.com

In particular, attorneys for the plaintiffs say the VA is "structurally unsuitable" for dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder, which the lawsuit calls "a signature problem of veterans" of the ongoing wars.

Symptoms of the disorder, the suit says, include intense anxiety, persistent nightmares, depression, uncontrollable anger and difficulties coping with work, family and social relationships.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It's horrible that our troops do not get proper care after returning home. Many troops suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder, and very few actually get the help they need. Does anyone else see this as a growing problem?

detnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here in the UK our Veterans Agency is pretty good in my opinion.

That said, i know that a lot of soldiers leave the forces and are not aware that they either need help or can get it. That i think is where it gets into confusing ground as to whether or not your VA is looking after you.

I've met many a guy here who says that no-one gives a damn about ex-forces but then discover that they've not bothered getting in touch with the VA or British Legion for help. We are told about these organisations on leaving but i guess it's up to you if you access them or not.

The difficult part comes not only from accepting the help, but finding the right help. There are so many different treatment methods and not all work for everyone. If something does'nt work, thats not the fault of anyone.

Hopefully they'll sort things out over there for you guys soon.

CX.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
The difficult part comes not only from accepting the help, but finding the right help. There are so many different treatment methods and not all work for everyone.

With that being said, I don't think the soldiers who suffer from PDSD should be medicated pharmaceutically, but counsiling is a very good idea. I doubt soldiers are fully educated on the matter by their superiors before or after they come home, so many may just not know where to turn.

new topics

top topics

join