It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former ex-Gitmo guest killed in Pakistan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

QUETTA, Pakistan - A Taliban veteran of Guantanamo Bay who became one of Pakistan's most-wanted rebel leaders killed himself with a hand grenade Tuesday after he was cornered by security forces, officials said.

The death of Abdullah Mehsud, a stout, round-faced man in his early 30s who lost a leg years ago fighting for the Taliban, was a boost for Pakistani authorities under pressure from the U.S. to crack down on Taliban and al-Qaida militants fighting on both sides of the Afghan border.

Mehsud was wanted in "many terrorist cases," Interior Ministry spokesman Javed Iqbal Cheema said. "He was a supporter of the al-Qaida terror network and an active Taliban commander in Pakistan."

He was released and he comes back to fight for the Taliban again, when will we learn? I guess the politicians care more about reputation than about killing and apprehending terrorists.

Mod Edit: Reduced External Quote.

[edit on 24/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
I guess the politicians care more about reputation than about killing and apprehending terrorists.

What politicians?
How did this dude get released deltaboy?

It remains unclear why he was released from Guantanamo in March 2004.

You should look into this rather than just through accusations out there.

I bet this guy was released on purpose, and not by any stinking politician.
What makes you think a politician is responsible for his release?
Are you aware of something Im not?

Oh yeah, whats with the newspeak use of the word 'guest'?

Gitmo isnt a hotel, contrary to what you may believe, and anyone in Gitmo did not choose to go, which means they are prisoners, not guests.

Either this is a war, and these are prisoners of war, or its not.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by 11Bravo]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
I guess the politicians care more about reputation than about killing and apprehending terrorists.

Delta I still want to know exactly which politician you think helped spring this guy.

My best guess says that the CIA/ISI had this guy set free.

Im curious as to where you got the impression that politicians had anything to do with this, and more directly, which ones you think were involved.
Any links or references would be greatly appreciated.

new topics

join