It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost in the Shell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Link

NEW YORK - Iraq war veteran Sgt. Juan Arredondo can grasp tennis balls and door knobs with his left hand again, now that he's been outfitted with a bionic hand that has flexible fingers.

The 27-year-old former soldier, who lost his left hand in 2005 during a patrol, is one of the first recipients of the i-LIMB.

"To have this movement, it's — it's amazing," Arredondo said Monday as he showed off the limb made by Scotland-based Touch Bionics. "It just gets me more excited about now, about the future."

Its a great improvement in prosthetics for war veterans and people who have been maimed in accidents. It pretty much reminds me of Ghost in the Shell where one woman is pretty much cyborg except her brain to use those superhuman abilities to fight crime and easily able to repair her body if sustained damage except in case of total destruction of the brain case. In that future setting in Japan, the majority of the population is pretty much all cyborg.

Mod Edit: Fixed Link, Reduced External Quote.

[edit on 24/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Gives me hope for mankind that we do indeed from time to time try to develop technologies that help out the species and not eliminate it. Imagine if we had this tech for all the other vetrans that have lost limbs many years ago. Glad we've (as a species) developed a reasonable way for these poor people to continue with their lives.

Great find.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here's the YouTube video. Quite amazing actually.

new topics

join