It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

71% of Americans Disapprove of the Way George W. Bush is Handling His Job as President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

71% of Americans Disapprove of the Way George W. Bush is Handling His Job as President

americanresearchgroup.com

A total of 71% of Americans say they disapprove of the way George W. Bush is handling his job as president according to the latest survey from the American Research Group.

Among all Americans, 25% approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president and 71% disapprove. When it comes to Bush's handling of the economy, 23% approve and 73% disapprove.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
rawstory.com
www.usatoday.com

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
With approval ratings this low, it shouldn't be too hard for Bush to be impeached.

It seems like he doesn't care about what the American people think about him, he's just going to do whatever he wants to, even if it's not what the people want.

This should amp up the enemies of Bush in the government to push even harder to impeach him.

He's definitely not "the people's President" anymore.

americanresearchgroup.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
86% Disapprove of the Democrat Controlled Congress. With approval rating this low, talking impeachment shouldn't even be on their agenda.

To everything you said replace "Bush" with "Congress" and see if the same applies.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
maybe congress could bump up those numbers by taking out bush??? i know i disapprove of congress's soft hand when it comes to letting the administration push them around. non-binding this and non-binding that... ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bokinsmowl
maybe congress could bump up those numbers by taking out bush??? i know i disapprove of congress's soft hand when it comes to letting the administration push them around. non-binding this and non-binding that... ridiculous.

I'd much rather see Bush take out Congress.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Nah, Congress has to take out Bush.

That stupid Pelosi works FOR him, so i doubt we will see this happen.

This is my wishful thinking.

Someone has to take out Pelosi and her tomatoe Red shawl, the idiot.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Dont tell that to FOX though.
They just ran a stint yesterday on how easily polls can be manipulated. Hmm i wonder why that is...
Kinda ironic isnt it?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
As low as Bush's ratings are, the current Congress' ratings are even worse. People are tired of all of these freaking politicians. I know I damn sure am.

All they do is argue and fight and accomplish nothing. They play political games with issues such as border security and the whole Iraq mess,and they do nothing. People are sick of it. Hell, take all of them out of their ivory towers. Make em' know what REAL life is about.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Historically poll numbers matter very little Truman left office with an record low of 22% approval rating and yet he is remembered as one of the better presidents despite the fact he kept UN forces on an leash in Korea.

Having said that Bush will still be remembered as an lousy president. Although he will probably mange to redeem his reputation much like Nixon did.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
Dont tell that to FOX though.
They just ran a stint yesterday on how easily polls can be manipulated. Hmm i wonder why that is...
Kinda ironic isnt it?

What is even more ironic is the result of a poll on my local fox 10:00 news, tonight (Tulsa, Okla.).

The question was;
Do you think cities should have the right to pass resolutions to impeach the president?

Result;

Yes 63%

No 37%.

Now, with this type of result here, I have no doubt it's even higher in other parts of the country. And the fact that it was on fox floored me.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I see and hear a lot about Bush's ratings being so low...

and how much lower Congress's ratings are....

Has anyone taken into consideration as to why Congress's ratings are so low?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Disapprove is such a gentle word
How about 71% of Americans want Bush's head???

As far as congress and Nancy Pelosi, i'll say it again- That NWO whore should hang by her elongated earlobes downtown Washington DC.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Disapprove is such a gentle word
How about 71% of Americans want Bush's head???

As far as congress and Nancy Pelosi, i'll say it again- That NWO whore should hang by her elongated earlobes downtown Washington DC.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
No one has ever asked me or anyone I know about politics in a formal fashion such as an opinion poll. If they did, they would avoid me in the future.

I think GW is doing the best job he can given the Congress and House he has to work with.

Congress has done only one thing this year. Bitch and grip about GW. They even spent one whole night ranting about it. I know they did this as I saw many of them telling any open camera about how hard they worked that night. They all looked like young roosters showing off the first hard*n. How many people, do you think, working second jobs on night shifts give one da*n about Congress "working" that night? It was a joke at best and a pitiful showing of democracy in action.

The complete US government should have term limits imposed instead of lifetime of feeding at the public trough of funding and laws that favor the incumbents. If they truly want to serve as an elected official, fine, these are the new rules. There should be no paid retirement of elected governmental service. Free dormitory housing should be provided along with free meals. 6 years of service and that's it. These governmental elitist need to have real jobs to go back to that are affected by their actions or inactions. If the Congressman or Representative is already retired when elected, fine, put their social security payment on hold. Only then will you see a democratic government work as it should.

Will this happen, not a chance in hell. Too much money is involved.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky

I think GW is doing the best job he can given the Congress and House he has to work with.

Yes. No doubt about this. Its all congresses fault.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic

Has anyone taken into consideration as to why Congress's ratings are so low?

For one, they have failed to do anything about our national borders... Also all they do up there is play a bunch of political games with the future of this country... It's despicable and people are God damned tired of it!Q!QQ

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
You are correct.. they have done nothing to "secure" our borders... as well the Bush Administration has not either.

What I was getting at is... People see the "lowest Congressional approval in history"... because, the current Congress (Democrat, yes... irrelevant, none the less) refuses to stand up to the Bush Administration.

It is Congress that is our "direct representatives" to the Federal Government. The Congress of current has absolutely no backbone, when it comes to the majority... in support of the Constitution, our Nation, and for which it stands.

There are but only a handful of our current Congress members that uphold such standards that should be upheld.

I whole heartedly agree... I am God Damn sick of it, too. I for one, have chosen to hold my elected representatives accountable. I would recommend the same to everyone.

Example:

I wish to make it very clear to you, Mr. Senator. If this is your honest reasoning, it will be my obligation, as an American citizen, patriot, and Constitutional protector, to vote you out of office at your earliest term expiration.
source

Info.

[edit on 7/26/2007 by Infoholic]

top topics

join