It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Hold'em champs take on poker-faced computer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Well, it's about time. We've seen it with chess, checkers and backgammon, and now it's poker's turn. It's interesting to note that this poker computer adapts to a person's style of play, and is constantly changing it's stratagy against the real player. I guess it has a pattern recognition system of some sort, almost like a primative form of artificial intelligence.

It's a two day contest ending some time today, I will try to post the results of the contest later tonight.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Great post I'd love to see how this one turns out, although they shouldn't consider laak the guru of poker to challenge a computer.... To be more accurate in it's decision it'd have to play more professionals then him

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Is there a site where I can see updates of this just started playing poker over past couple of months should be intresting to see.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
shouldn't the computer be playing against Phil Helmeuth, after all he has declared himself as the greatest Texas Hold'em Player ever.:shk::shk:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
shouldn't the computer be playing against Phil Helmeuth, after all he has declared himself as the greatest Texas Hold'em Player ever.:shk::shk:

Yeah, and according to him if luck weren't involved he would win every one! I personally would have chosen Doyle Brunson and Phil Ivey for the job.

I think the most recent updates are posted here, SE7EN.....

www.cs.ualberta.ca...

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The humans have won! They won 2 of the 4 matches, tied once and lost once. I'm not too suprised, it'll be awhile before computers can beat humans at poker, there is to much of a changing dynamic in the game, not something computers can grasp just yet.

Post match comments here...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7/26/07 by AcesInTheHole]

new topics

top topics

join