It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Sighting In Stratford-Upon-Avon, England

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
first thing, i didn't "jump to the alien idea"....i said it was odd that some stood still while the other one moved.

Secondly, did you watch the video?....i still say its ODD...not that it was aliens.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
chorlton, whilst i admire the name and pic, i just can't agree with the lantern thing. it doesn't make sense that one comes drifting in while the others form a perfect "Y" formation.

i'm not saying that i'm ready to shout "aliens! run for the hllls" i'm just saying that laterns is a hard one to swallow. a bit like swamp gas if you ask me.

i would be more inclined to go with Govt aircraft test flight or something like that before saying ET craft. I refer back to the MOD statement and that they're not too bothered about it. They either know what it was or dont want to panic button pressing and the people going nuts.

these things are popping up in everyone's airspace. nothing special here in the UK just a lot of cloud cover. seems some of them want to be seen.

i'm just glad it wa a mass sighting and they can't all be mad, drunk, drug addicts, wierdos or paranoid.

Remirah

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ambushrocks
Haha... lol. No you would need an engine to get that thing flying. They probably mean on of those

They tend to fly sometime due to the hot air caused by the candle inside.

I think personally that the 'Lantern theory is BS. Similar to "its just a weather balloon, no big deal". I used to live just outside a place called Stafford in the UK and when I was younger I saw a black triangle slowly make its way over our village. There was no sound. At first I could see three lights forming the triangle and one larger light in the centre giving off a slightly different coloured glow to the rest. As it came overhead it was clearly visible against the moonlight. It was a very eerie feeling.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
i can strongly say IMO those are simply not lanterns of any sort. i have a chinese hanging lantern of almost the same size as the one pictured only mine is a bit round. good luck getting 3 to 4 of those things to fly in unison let alone stay that high in the air and,
lol i say AND to stay lit while being jerked around at that altitude is a feat i dont think anyone could get to work. plus they werent being "jerked"around they moved with accuracy and silently(of course you would not be able to probably hear a chinese lantern that high up lol)

just imagine people did release 4 chinese lanterns that were lit with either a candle or a battery bulb...how long before it malfunctioned, dropped to the ground, went out, got broke up from the rest of the lanterns.....

remember people, and i quote

"Others, however, claimed the speed and agility of the objects was unlike any known aircraft and said the odd movement, lack of noise and the length of time in the air discounted any man-made explanation."

also

"They came over our heads in formation but then manouvered into different positions."

and lastly one more quote

"Chef Kern Griffiths, 26, said: "I saw five lights, we all thought they were hot air balloons at first because the glowing spheres looked like a burst of flames. But I couldn't see any outline of the balloon itself and they were travelling far too fast."

hey anyone know what the winds were like in the area that night?

i have a friend in the uk who lives near where this happened and i cant wait to hear from him and tell me what people are saying over there.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I guess a lantern is the new weather balloon! It doesnt look liek that to me, but you never know. The thing i never get about sitings of UFO's like this is you'd think if they were ET's that came in under cover of darkness they wouldnt bother switching their lights on!
It's quite possibly to be some secret project for the military I think, definatley interesting though.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I watched the video and didn't see any evidence of intelligent control or fast moving and unnatural behaviour, so im left with only lanterns being a good suspect, these reports pop up now and then but until we see objects make sharp controlled turns or movement at incredible speeds then really the realistic answer is probably the right one.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
My question is what did these light's end up doing? Did they simply vanish or did they fly away at a good rate of speed and how long were they visable.

I seen the video and all I see is a few dot's that don't move, have any of the witness' describe how they dissapear. If they slowly floated away it could be somesort of balloon hoax but if these lights took off at a good rate of speed the lights may well be of intelligent design.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
My question is what did these light's end up doing? Did they simply vanish or did they fly away at a good rate of speed and how long were they visable.

I seen the video and all I see is a few dot's that don't move, have any of the witness' describe how they dissapear. If they slowly floated away it could be somesort of balloon hoax but if these lights took off at a good rate of speed the lights may well be of intelligent design.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
The reptillians also use triangle craft so I'm guessing they are chasing a nordic saucer.

Please provide proof of the existance on this planet of 'Reptilians' or indeed any form of alien lifeform?

Proof? Chorlton, it means you haven't read my earlier post, above! Isn't Dicky proof enough?

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
After seeing the vid I have to say, to me, lanterns seems like a fair explanation.

Where was the high speed movement? I saw nothing there that indicated any type of craft, terrestrial or not.

The video also didnt show lots of people looking up in amazement, people generally seemed pretty oblivious.

Remember they only look like they are in a Y formation from the cameras perspective, you cant tell what positions they really are in with relation to each other.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by maintainright]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Another news story with some interesting quotes. Responces from the MoD and BEAMS (British Earth Aerial Mystery Society) ...

Link

Nice to see that a video surfaced, too bad the quality wasn't that great. Hopefully someone got something better. I would also like to see if anyone can find a schedule for this event, Royal International Air Tattoo, which occured during the same weekend as the sighting and is located about 100 miles from Stratford-Upon-Avon. Interesting to know if they had any night events. Hopefully more detailed information comes out that describes that either these things just appeared in the sky or drifted up from the horizon.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well, noone's posted pictures yet, so here's one from Earthfiles.com

Don't look like lanterns to me.

Edited title

[edit on 25-7-2007 by angst18]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
how is it everthing gets classified as mundane objects weather balloons now laterns or something similiar we belivers damage stories the second there read by disproving them first and accepting them later this gives ammunition to sceptics who are already set in there beliefs. How many times before is a story even finished first hand or second or even on this site that those terms are used now. i wouldnt believe for a sec. that these are laterns or anything similiar look at the pictures and what the people said about there movement c'mon guys. Its pretty clear these were aircraft convential or alien.

" hovering slowly over the town before three of them formed a triangular shape with one positioned just to the right.

" A few minutes later a fifth came into view travelling towards the others at breakneck speed before slowing down and stopping a short distance away."

" but these objects were far too fast and too high up."

some of the quotes from the artc. also there were multp. witnesses

[edit on 25-7-2007 by twistingtree]

[edit on 25-7-2007 by twistingtree]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well paper chinese lanterns (like the photo above) which use candles (which fall over quite easily) can't just float away like that by themselves, you all know how hot air ballons work, these lanterns have a big hole in the top of them (so you can insert the candles). so if these are lanterns they must have been attatched to ballons, and the candles would have needed to be pretty well attatched. I just can't imagine laterns attatched to ballons staying in the same place for 30 minutes (and staying in the same formation) .

[edit on 25-7-2007 by WeSbO]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Those of you speaking of chinese lanterns might be confused to the type of lanterns that have been associated with sightings and/or hoaxes in the past. For more info on what I am speaking of check the video I posted on page 1 of this thread. I myself am looking for a video that shows these lanterns in flight for a longer period of time so that we can compare the movements and duration with those described in the article.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If they were lanterns they would have been moving in the direction of the wind...

Just think; in broad daylight when you see a balloon that has been released....it will be unlikely that it will just rise and not travel in any particular direction. It will be moving in the direction of the air current. Within 5 mins it will probably be out of sight...

The only way that this pic could be Chinese lanterns is if they were moving away or towards the camera. However, I do think that after spending 15-30 mins observing the phenomenon, the witnesses would know if they were lanterns or not.

Not sure what they are. If we could get a date and a weather report then we should be able to identify what it is likely to be. Until then, they really are unidentified flying objects

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here is a link to a video from a company that manufactures Sky Lanterns. At least in my opinion I doubt that these would stay in view for 30 minutes with even a light wind. And if we are going by the reports one these "lights" moved quickly towards the others which would indicate at least some wind movement during that day. It seems we would almost have to find someone who has or have someone do an experiment with the purpose of comparing these lanterns with possible UFO flight that would take into account there perspective movement speed when that they are at different altitudes as objects lower in altitude would appear to move faster.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by fibonacci]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Once again we hear how they moved at breakneck speeds and flew in an inteligent manor but the video doesnt show this ....yes one of the objects moves in which is strange but Ive still yet to see a video of orbs doing anything out of the ordinary. Wheres the video of them moving around !!!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
For those of you who read Drudge Report, this is now listed at the top of the page under the title "MASS UFO SIGHTING BRINGS TOWN TO STANDSTILL..." -

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Mod Edit: Provided Link.

[edit on 25/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
In answer to fibonacci's post above, RIAT was held on the 14th/15th July

It has no night events whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join