It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Chinese Tech Espionage on the Rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

FBI: Chinese Tech Espionage on the Rise

www.usatoday.com

Michigan auto-parts maker Metaldyne was one of just two companies in the world that could turn powdered metal into high-performance engine components — until one of its engineers handed "hundreds of confidential" computer files to potential Chinese competitors, the Justice Department says.
"The days when everything that was worth stealing, every secret that was worth stealing in the United States, was a government secret — those days are long done," says Joel Brenner, national counterintelligence executive. "Much of what makes the country tick, much of our strategic advantage in the world is economic."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.usatoday.com

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
About the only trade advantage the U.S. and the rest of the West has left is our high technology. If countries such as China steal our technologies and pair it with their cheap labor and poor working conditions, it will have dire consequences for what's left of industry in the industrialized nations.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/24/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I realize this is private industry stealing from private industry yet I think those that sell information like that should be afforded the luxury of being tried for treason. one or two trials with the death penalty should set a pretty good example

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I realize this is private industry stealing from private industry yet I think those that sell information like that should be afforded the luxury of being tried for treason. one or two trials with the death penalty should set a pretty good example

I agree here, Wen Ho Lee should have gotten death instead of amnesty.

Look at all the new Chinese military stuff, almost all of it is an exact clone of one of our weapons systems. They have an attack helicopter that is almost identical to the Apache, etc

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don't see why everyone here is so upset.

This is capitalism at it's finest. We unleashed the beast upon the world, now we want to bitch about the consequences? If we were to go by congress's exapmle of loyalty to the almighty dollar, we'd all be doing the same thing in our everyday lives.

Don't get me wrong ... I'm totally against capitalism and think that most in Congress should be put on trial for high treason, but the irony in this article is most humorous.

I applaud the fellow who sold the secrets to China. He took a note from our economic system and sold the information to the high bidder. Our government does the same thing daily. It's called bidding contracts. Like when we decided to go with the cheap kevlar armor for our troops. It's a travesty and these policies need to change.

We can't condemn this man for doing as he was taught.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
China is a problem. It annoys and irritates me to tears that the West is raising new threats and just fiddling their thumbs while they rob us blind. Europe's birth rates are getting lower and lower and will become a thing of the past and the US will become US of Mexico and follow Rome's fate with the way things are going.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Innovation is bred through competition. That is why monopolies are so dangerous and outlawed. There would be no need to make things cheaper or better if only one company knew how to create a product. The process should be valued higher than the product. Making the production more efficient will make more in the long run than charging as much as possible.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
China is a problem. It annoys and irritates me to tears that the West is raising new threats and just fiddling their thumbs while they rob us blind. Europe's birth rates are getting lower and lower and will become a thing of the past and the US will become US of Mexico and follow Rome's fate with the way things are going.

As pessimistic as it sounds I have to agree with you, things need to change and fast. Most European countries dont have enough babies to replace those that are dying or enough people of age to fill in for those that are retiring. We will see something like this among White Americans within the next decade. Whites average something like 2 babies per mother where as Hispanics average like 6. I will have to check the Census but I think its pretty close to what I wrote.

en.wikipedia.org...
Very interesting stats.

top topics

join