It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could this be a chimera ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
being bored at work and surfing liveleak i came across the following

pigeon/chicken chimera ?

i'm puzzled and fascintated, it definitely looks like someone has grafted the upper body of a pigeon on the lower body of a chicken/rooster

a fake/hoax is just not imaginable

has a live chimera ever been observed ?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
wow, fascinating...
pretty cool bird. Looks like it can't fly and has trouble walking with those long legs. Probably a mutated pigeon, don't think chickens and pigeons can crossbreed.

Or can they now?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mister Jones
, don't think chickens and pigeons can crossbreed.

Or can they now?

exactly my point but then again i'm not a geneticist

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Ok that is definitely freaky.I'm getting that horrible "Island of Dr.Moreau" feeling again.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Yeah it had the body of a pigeon and the height and feet of a chicken.

One thing I did notice was that its feet were turned sideways, not pointing forward so it had a hard job walking balanced. Could it fly? I don't think so. Yes it has the wing structure of a pigeon (well I assume) but it's legs and body isn't proportioned well enough for flight (again I assume.) There would be no place for its long legs to hide or be places in flight. Saying that though, herons and other long legged birds can fly, but they aren't dis formed are they? They were born to fly like that.

Weird little critter, but it just sees itself as another simple bird of the farm. I guess it's happy enough.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It probably can't fly for long distances; but it might be able to fly in shorter areas. Maybe a half hopping, half flying method.

Seems like sort of a mutated pigeon. Probably ate some steriod-packed chicken food supplement the farmer was using to produce bigger and better chickens for the local market.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I doubt very much it's a chimera. More likely it's a simple birth defect. Considering the rates of pollution these days, I'm surprised there aren't more like this or worse.

Remember the two headed calves and five legged dogs that used to tour with the sideshows of old? Every once in a while genetics messes up, that's all.

Poor, confused, weird looking bird.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
perhaps this is an example of genetically altered food and the effects on animals.
Just food for thought

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
debunked-it's a special breed of long-legged pigeon that has existed for some time.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Good find, uber, but what about the deformation of its feet? Maybe it was injured or has some sort of defect anyway. The Banats in the link you gave showed birds with forward-pointing feet, and the one in the video definitely had something wrong with it's feet placement.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
But birds have a roughly 180 degree range of motion on their feet, right? I'm sticking by my banat theory.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Poor, confused, weird looking bird.

lol

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
That is sertinly a wild creature!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

But a Chimera has the body of a lion, and three heads, one of a dragon, a goat, and lion. Maybe if it had 3 heads we could consider it a form of chimera, but the claim on that is a little off. There are differnt types, as I am a vertern Dungeon master here, so let me share with you some facts about Chimera.. hehe facts of a fake beast mind you

Gorgimera are another type of chimera.

A chimera has the hindquarters of a goat, the forequarters of a lion, and a set of dragon wings. The beast has three heads: a horned goat, a lioness, and a dragon. The dragon head can be black, blue, green, red, or white, and has a breath weapon appropriate to the color. They rarely mate; their creation is the result of "a dark mystery better left unexplained", according the Second Edition Monstrous Manual.

Dungeons and Dragons verison of...

More knowledge about chimera

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hey, I've seen those in Final Fantasy X, hehe;P

Here's a more simple description:

(often initial capital letter) a mythological, fire-breathing monster, commonly represented with a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail.

But it also means

any similarly grotesque monster having disparate parts, esp. as depicted in decorative art.

a horrible or unreal creature of the imagination; a vain or idle fancy: He is far different from the chimera your fears have made of him.

Genetics. an organism composed of two or more genetically distinct tissues, as an organism that is partly male and partly female, or an artificially produced individual having tissues of several species.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by ZikhaN]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Funny guys, a chimera in biological terms is not the same thing:

en.wikipedia.org...(genetics)

Uber, I understand what you're saying about the bird's foot motion, I'm not trying to say you didn't find it to be a Banat, I think it is one, but it was walking weird, and holding its feet in a painful looking manner, that wasn't natural. Perhaps it was injured at some point.

I think it's a Banat. I know, we don't agree in the theist threads so it's automatic to assume I don't agree anywhere.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
not a chimera more like a deformed chicken

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It did kinda look like it had some bunions or something...

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
That is sertinly a wild creature!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

But a Chimera has the body of a lion, and three heads, one of a dragon, a goat, and lion. Maybe if it had 3 heads we could consider it a form of chimera, but the claim on that is a little off. There are differnt types, as I am a vertern Dungeon master here, so let me share with you some facts about Chimera.. hehe facts of a fake beast mind you

Gorgimera are another type of chimera.

A chimera has the hindquarters of a goat, the forequarters of a lion, and a set of dragon wings. The beast has three heads: a horned goat, a lioness, and a dragon. The dragon head can be black, blue, green, red, or white, and has a breath weapon appropriate to the color. They rarely mate; their creation is the result of "a dark mystery better left unexplained", according the Second Edition Monstrous Manual.

Dungeons and Dragons verison of...

More knowledge about chimera

before referring to D&D , check science , i mean real science

"In zoology, a chimera is an animal that has two or more different populations of genetically distinct cells that originated in different zygotes; if the different cells emerged from the same zygote, it is called a mosaicism."

full wiki article here

and there are many more serious genetics sources online , i'm sure you know how to use search engines out there, and again avoid D&D please

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hvitserk, everyone knows that, the posters who were mentioning it were just having a little fun...

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
debunked-it's a special breed of long-legged pigeon that has existed for some time.

www.geocities.com...

definitely looks like it , the leg length and diformity might be due to inbreeding

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join