It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli President Calls on World to Unite Against Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I would like to go on record as being against any sort of offensive Israeli military action.
If Iran launches first...then by all means defensive actions may be undertaken no other course of action is acceptable rationale for pre emptive use of force.
(ps Schindlers List was awesome)
FREE PALESTINIAN POLITICAL PRISONERS NOW! RACHEL CORY WAS MURDERED!

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Yeap...all countries unite to ...start WWIII!

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I call on everyone to unite against aggressors. I call on everyone to unite against Israel, and demand that they disarm THEIR weapons, and give the Gaza strip back to Lebanon.

I agree with you, but on realistic terms, this is highly unlikely to occur. The U.S. provides unqualified aid to Israel, and having the U.S. as the catalyst to have Israel disarm would be astounding to say the least.

What the U.S. is basically doing is funding Israeli side in the Israeli / Palestinian conflict. What baffles me is for Israel to say that we must unite to fight back against Palestine...that is incredibly arrogant and self-serving remarks to have been made. Without the unqualified support of the U.S., Israel would be nothing. To say something like that just further shows what Israel's true intention are.

Now they want to start a united coalition of some sorts? Please, they need to fight their own wars and stop asking for our help.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I remember reading a few months back that Israel went and got themselves two nuclear subs. Probably because of the growing threat of Ahmadinejad. The guy is crazy. Iran hates Israel and would just like to see them melt. President Ahmadinejad said "Israel should be wiped off the map" But now the odds have changed as Israel can go camp out near an Iran beach.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mass.
I remember reading a few months back that Israel went and got themselves two nuclear subs. Probably because of the growing threat of Ahmadinejad. The guy is crazy. Iran hates Israel and would just like to see them melt. President Ahmadinejad said "Israel should be wiped off the map" But now the odds have changed as Israel can go camp out near an Iran beach.

Please look at reality objectively, it will seem different, I promise.

AAC

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I think the Idea here, is to rally the head UN nations to apply more pressure to Iran over their nuclear ambitions right or wrong the UN has passed resolutions against the Iranian nation condeming it's unsupervised nuclear activity, these resolutions were passed by several countries not just the U.S. it was the right thing to do in the eyes of peer nations, so now we have Iran thumbing it's nose at the world community and when someone like Israel steps up and makes a statement like the one the Israeli president made. why does everyone freakout like they are out of line for stating the obvious???

After todays "heated" talks which took place between the U.S. and Iran I would look for an impasse to develop which will ultimately lead to futher action against Iran possibly military.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
Third, if a so-called US based poll shows that 80% of Iranians want democracy, then let them go get it. Why do WE have to bring democracy to everyone?

Exactly.

Despite what right-wing ideaologists will try and tell you, you can't "install" or "place" democracy. It has to come of its own volition. It has to be carried out by the majority.

Anything else leads to what we're seeing in Iraq today.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
"Forcing" democracy onto another country it a oxymoron in itself. It doesn't work too well and it just creates a bigger mess. Evidence = Iraq

People need to understand this, Israel is not the the "victim" here. They have U.S. troops fight a war that is supposed to be their own, they get a surprising amount of money and military aid from U.S., they treat the Palestinians like crap...etc. I don't care what crazy "propaganda" the media comes up with to persuade me to believe that Iran is "the evil one" (some of it has even affected people on this board), Israel is STILL the oppressor here. Look up information about the massacre at Deir Yassin, their sloppy surgical air strikes, how Israel was created in the first place, etc...there are too many to list.

Iran might be crazy, but they are only defending themselves. The hypocrisy of the U.S. and Israel is the true problem here. Yet again, what would one expect from a country that the the U.S. supports relentlessly? It's a state that the U.S. can use to keep as a sort of "gatekeeper" to the Middle East. Iran is a large holder of oil, why wouldn't the U.S. not want to get involved? Can't you people see that the U.S. wants to dominant a majority of the Middle East because of the oil supply there? They've already taken Iraq (that's still questionable though) and what's next is Iran, the U.S. and Israel only need a pretext to attack it. You are witnessing yet another attempt to create one. You can't be a bully of the world and expect people not to fight back.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The solution is plain and simple. Let's just sit back and watch. Iran gets nuclear weapons and nothing happens, fine. Iran gets nuclear weapons and uses them, we blast Iran off the face of the Earth. That should make everybody happy. We just retarget one Ohio class sub and that's it.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
One day soon the world will wake up one day to the headline that iran has sucessfully tested an atomic bomb and then what will happen?Iranian blackmail ranging from threats against israel to the entire region and europe if their political demands arent met?It seems to me the iranians have been following the n.koreans approach to achieving their nuclear bomb goal.From secret research to denial to BAM!Hey world we are nuclear armed now!We supposedly had the n.koreans back down and disarm now but who knows if they dont have a couple hidden away?At any rate can the world afford to go down this road with iran??

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just because you can create a nuclear explosion, doesn't mean that you have a deliverable nuclear weapon. I remember reading about the Manhattan Project where it was stated that they could have had a nuclear explosion in the fall of 1943. The reason for waiting until June of 1944 was to shrink everything down so that a deliverable bomb could be developed. They had a shortage of fissionable material and didn't want to waste any. If Iran detonates a nuclear device tomorrow, it doesn't mean that they have a deliverable weapon.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
The Israelis are about self defense while the Arabs (their leaders anyhow) are about genocide.

Yeah right, ask any Pallestinian what they think about that statement. Israel is a terrorist sponsoring nation that has been the cause of more bloodhsed than just about any other nation in the history of the world. They sit on their nuclear arsenal demonizing and calling down thunder on their neighbors for similar ambitions. They take land that doesn't belong to them, interfere in elections, destroy homes, and send MOSSAD agents around the world to further their talmudic ambitions, yet the world turns a blind eye to the atrocities committed in the name of Israel. They are the current record holder for violation of UN resolutions, and have committed atrocities that other nations would have been bombed and invaded over. The only thing that keeps people in tow with it is the fact that the media and the international finance structure is completely controlled by jewish or zionist interests. That's not conjecture, that's a 'look the names up for yourself if you don't believe me' fact.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Again I say, the office of President in Israel is a ceremonial position,

the President in Israel has not say-so in the policy decisions made by the
PM and the knesset..,

the statements are just propaganda & rhetoric...
probably to guage the response by the world community

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Yeah right, ask any Pallestinian what they think about that statement. Israel is a terrorist sponsoring nation that has been the cause of more bloodhsed than just about any other nation in the history of the world. They sit on their nuclear arsenal demonizing and calling down thunder on their neighbors for similar ambitions. They take land that doesn't belong to them, interfere in elections, destroy homes, and send MOSSAD agents around the world to further their talmudic ambitions, yet the world turns a blind eye to the atrocities committed in the name of Israel. They are the current record holder for violation of UN resolutions, and have committed atrocities that other nations would have been bombed and invaded over. The only thing that keeps people in tow with it is the fact that the media and the international finance structure is completely controlled by jewish or zionist interests. That's not conjecture, that's a 'look the names up for yourself if you don't believe me' fact.

I agree with your post 100%. A lot (and I mean A LOT) of people don't know the history of conflict between Israel and Palestine. Look people, Israel is not the victim! They persuade you into believing they are. Until some of you people understand this, you are just being manipulated and told lies.

And until you people start seeing that Israel is the true enemy here, I don't know what to say.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I am a Dutchmen, and tomorrow is my 61 Birthday.

When I read the headline of this tread, what is only one of so many disturbing headlines, I realise.

That when I look at the world as it is today.

I get tears in my eyes and say.

Why is my hope on a better world fading more and more?

Why is my hope of a better future become so onshore ?

Who, in reality, are the real perpetrators of all this madness?

Who, in reality, are responsible for all this inhumanly terrible mess?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hey you gotta remember that the Manhattan Project was the first time it was ever even tried. What makes you think that If Iran tests a weapon it isn't deliverable.

1. Iran better be sure as hell that they have multiple nukes. How do they know that nuclear war won't start as soon as they test it.

2. When it is tested or launched the US, Israel, Russia, N.Korea...EVERY country will see it. Umm Mr.President do you have the launch codes...

3. In the cold war Russia had nukes stockpiled more than enough to wipe the world out a couple of times. And now its many years later with technology finally being better than a calculator.

My point is that any country suspected to have nukes has many of them. Don't say that thats not likely or where did they get it from because it isn't hard.

Yes one day we will wake up with the headlines BREAKING NEWS: NUCLEAR WAR - WW3
on CNN. Then..all hell breaks loose.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I really don't understand the basis of your post rhombus24...Your stating that Iran has *multiple nukes*? Ummm, you need to do some research buddy.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by douglas2k4]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I think what he means douglas2k4 is that it is highly likely that the Russians have slipped the Iranians a few nukes in the back door, you know the one's, they somehow were accidentally left of of the manifest sheets, and when questioned by the UN over the descrepancies the in the number of verifiable nukes, the Russian's balk and say they may have some missing, or then they say that they have them but there just mis-placed. The Russians admit that their record keeping is somewhat lack-luster.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
I think what he means douglas2k4 is that it is highly likely that the Russians have slipped the Iranians a few nukes in the back door, you know the one's, they somehow were accidentally left of of the manifest sheets, and when questioned by the UN over the descrepancies the in the number of verifiable nukes, the Russian's balk and say they may have some missing, or then they say that they have them but there just mis-placed. The Russians admit that their record keeping is somewhat lack-luster.

[edit on 7-8-2007 by the_sentinal]

this really does make sense to me! We all know that nukes require maintenance to keep them active. I dodn't think it is out of the realm of possibility to think that Iran has gotten some obsolete nukes from the Russians which require enriched uranium to keep them active.

Just a thought!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
I notice that he hasn't called for another middle eastern country to give up its nuclear ambititions and weapons...

Well, he wouldn't want to disarm himself, would he

Exactly. Why is it fine to demand another country not have nuclear weapons, when you have them yourself? This has nothing to do with peace, only power.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join