It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

advice for ufo spotting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm an insomniac with an interest in UFOs, and I've been thinking about just taking a lawn chair, a pack of cigarettes, and a camcorder outside one night and seeing if I find anything. Any ideas on how I could make any finds (although I doubt I'll actually come across anything) more believable to viewers?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Rule # 1 : DON'T FORGET THE TRIPOD!

That's the only rule. Carry on and good luck!

Edit : Oh yeah, completeness is important too. None of those 20 second clips in the middle of a sighting. Show from as early possible to the end of the sighting, including method of departure. Try to include some ground/aerial features for reference.

Also note the exact time and duration of the sighting, as well as exact location and compass bearing while filming. A daylight shot from the same location is also helpful for reference purposes. That's all I can think of for now

pps Welcome to ATS!

[edit on 7/24/2007 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You should practice taking out of focus shots, shots behind trees, shots that are very very dark (thats always a good one) and any other practice that makes the shot otherwise inconclusive.

Seriously though. Taking a standard camcorder out at night isnt going to be worth it as its doubtfull that it would have the sensitivity to record anything, assuming that anything pops into your field of vision

I would simply point it up at the sky, focus to infinity and record, say 5 minutes of tape every 5 minutes then examine it the next day. Sometimes you might be surprised at what you do capture.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Rule # 1 : DON'T FORGET THE TRIPOD!
Yup, that's number one.

Originally posted by ChorltonI would simply point it up at the sky, focus to infinity and record, say 5 minutes of tape every 5 minutes then examine it the next day. Sometimes you might be surprised at what you do capture.
This definitely works too. I've caught a few anomalies on tape I didn't see when filming. Beware though, it can get addictive and folk will wonder what's up with you, watching a black video over and over again. Then you'll start to see things other folk don't see. lol.It's hard filming the night sky so try to point your camera at the brightest part of the sky. North is kind of bright where I live. I don't know why but the sky never seems to get pitch black there till really late. If you're up all night, point the camera where you know the sun will be coming up.

``````````````````
fixed italics BB Code

[edit on 24/7/07 by masqua]

top topics

join