It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa! 1937 Photo of UFO over Vancouver City Hall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Has anybody seen this? I've never even heard about it until I came across this site with the picture! It's a weird photo for sure.

Taken by Leonard Lamoureux, who was on leave from the army at the time, and was visiting the city hall to photograph it's christmas light display. He and his brother Wilfred both noticed a "Bright blue light" drop down from the sky and ascend back up vertically. He was able to snap off one VERY clear pic in between decent and ascention.

www.ufobc.ca...

What really caught my eye about this one is that it's nearly TEN YEARS before the "Flying saucer" term got started by Kenneth Arnold, and yet that is exactly what the 2 witnesses described it as looking like-two saucers facing each other.

Hopefully this gets more coverage...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Never seen this pic before.
My first impression, which to me is the most important sometimes, was it's a flaw in the photograph.
Sometimes the good thing about old authentic pics is you dont have to worry about it being photshopped.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Im pretty sure I have seen that photo somewhere before but I cannot remember where. I don't know what to think of it.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I donno, I think it looks pretty fake, but Im not sure how the photographer would have done that with out using something like photoshop... but then Im not much of a photo person lol.

-fm

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
looks like the Eye of the Ulysse's craft in Ulyse 31 the cartoon lol

Intriguing!

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
we've all seen something like this before haven't we?????

www.injm.org...

lithiumdreamer.tripod.com...

lithiumdreamer.tripod.com...

anyway, i have no idea if it's fake. it doesn't look right if i'm honest and that's my gut feeling. i could just need to pee but who knows.

Peace.

Remirah

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It's an interesting image, but I wonder if it isn't just a really lucky photograph of a large meteor. It certainly looks like one. It's probably nowhere near as close as it appears to be.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It's definitely an interesting picture. I'm not a photo guy, but the shading of the object does make me think that it could be something on the film. However, his daughter, the only person to have actually seen the negatives, claims that's not the case.

The use of the word "saucer" is very funny too, if coincidental.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Actually, this "photo" has been discussed on ATS in the past ... yet it would seem that the jury never came back with a verdict(?) A Community-based one, mind you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Techsnow
Does this craft from the "The Crucifixion" look anything like that UFO?

Interesting photo ... but the aformentioned inferences towards potential manipulation and or degradation of either the photo or negative would seem suspect. 'least in my opinion.

The "loss" of the negative, while unfortunate, would appear quite "convenient" at the same time. (?)

OR ... perhaps it's the reel deal. Who knows?

[edit: to add]
Refreshing post
... Let's root this one up, perhaps we'll find an answer. (?)

[edit on 24-7-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I think it's an alien interdimensional craft moving across the sky after popping through the door. Where it went, nobody knows.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think it looks like a dirty water smear :s

new topics

top topics

join