It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do many christians focus on "evil"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer
You insult Christians, and expect a response? You belong to majority of people nowdays, who think that they are "cool" when they show hatred towards Christians.

Actually I don't recall it ever being cool to slam them. I go on experience with them and what they teach.

Its all a bunch a BS and they turn around the next day at work and screw someone for a promotion, make fun of someone sleeping on the streets, and other stupid crap that they do.

Now you can ask me what I do. I do not make fun of people because Karma will bite me in the ass if I do. I don't try and screw people over cause again Karma can be mean and vindictive like that. I try and follow being good towards people and it will come back to me. therefor the god I worship isn't filled with hate and malice like the god explained in the bible.

Which is another thing. How tf can someone love something so hateful. Granted Satan or the devil can temp you into things you do, but god damn... God himself killed his own son. Let me do that and see what happens. He killed a whole civilization supposedly to erase the evil. He wiped 2 cities Sodom and Gomorrah cause they were evil or something..

Let me ask you people something now............ What exactly is evil and good again???

Cause now I am confused.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Its all a bunch a BS and they turn around the next day at work and screw someone for a promotion, make fun of someone sleeping on the streets, and other stupid crap that they do.

I'm sure Christians will argue that this is a stereotypical generalization which is largely false. I would agree with them. Stereotypes are bad juju no matter what. On top of that, these things you speak of are not Christian traits, but human traits. I see what you're saying though.

Now you can ask me what I do. I do not make fun of people because Karma will bite me in the ass if I do. I don't try and screw people over cause again Karma can be mean and vindictive like that. I try and follow being good towards people and it will come back to me.

It's interesting to note that in your explanation of your beliefs you claim that you do these "good deeds" because you expect good things in return. This is the same reason Christians believe in doing good things. In fact, your belief of Karma is not so far-flung from the Christian belief of Heaven and Hell. Do good, and good things will happen. Do bad, and bad things will happen. Is it "good" to do good things for the sole purpose of your own personal gain? But then, is there any other reason that people do good things? This begs the question of whether there really is "good" and "evil". Wow this is getting philisophical. My head hurts...

therefor the god I worship isn't filled with hate and malice like the god explained in the bible...

Which is another thing. How tf can someone love something so hateful. Granted Satan or the devil can temp you into things you do, but god damn... God himself killed his own son. Let me do that and see what happens. He killed a whole civilization supposedly to erase the evil. He wiped 2 cities Sodom and Gomorrah cause they were evil or something..

Interestingly enough the Christians would have you believe that there were benign reasons for these actions, and thus the actions themselves were benign. Is murdering and genocide benign if the result is? Does the end really justify the means? If so, then wouldn't the so-called terrorists of the Muslim faith be just as righteous as Christians who believe in this...stuff?

[edit on 26/7/07 by an3rkist]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist
Interestingly enough the Christians would have you believe that there were benign reasons for these actions, and thus the actions themselves were benign. Is murdering and genocide benign if the result is? Does the end really justify the means? If so, then wouldn't the so-called terrorists of the Muslim faith be just as righteous as Christians who believe in this...stuff?

Interesting you didnt kill me on the statements I made..

I want to add something else you said.. I dont do good things for myself, I do it for other people... I just get good back in return.. i mis said what i wanted to there.

The part here of yours however I want to add this.

No Muslims arent allowed because they are supposedly Evil.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Big, you mentioned in an earlier post about unconditional love. You are right on about this. As you said, there are many Christians who practice this, but there are some Christians who don't practice this. The story of the Good Samaritan would be an example of this unc love.

Besides having unconditional love for others, one should have unc love for oneself. Along with love goes forgiveness. We should forgive ourselves when we fall short of the mark, but continue on learning from this experience. We also should forgive others when they fall short. However, it is not our business to judge people when they fall short; it is up to us, for our own sake, to forgive them.
And remember that forgiving someone does not mean that they will accept our forgiveness. We forgive because it is right for us to do so, not to expect that someone will accept our forgiveness.

For many people, their idea of evil is what they have been taught. For some evil comes from a "devil", who is outside us, for others it comes from within, a sin humans are born with perhaps. And anything in between.
Love and forgiveness always trumps evil. Sort of like a law of the Universe.
One has to practice this love and forgiveness, regardless of what others do.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigPimpin
Then in desperation, he brought up the "evil" spirits that possess people, and to be honest, thats a subject I cannot relate to, so I told him Ill get back to him on that.

With seeing your previous post BigPimpin, I think that Humans cannot be evil, but just like you said, they can only have absence of love. But, I do believe that something inhuman, like a demonic spirit or the Devil could be evil. The same thing goes for a demonic possesion of a human. The human will become evil, but only because of the inhuman spirit inside of him.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think there are evil spirits, but as the bible said those spirits can possess people. I think people can do bad things and sin. But do not have a evil spirit in them. I think a evil spirit would be like a serial killer or child rapest. There are things out there that are not good. And I think just like a holy man chose to believe in God and has God's spirit in him, the same go with a bad man with a evil spiriti in him.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Im glad you feel that way technofan21. What I was trying to get at is that we dont really know what happened to the "evil spirit" in its past life. For all we know, the spirits whole family got killed in the past life, then he ended up killing himself, which is why hes not resting in peace. For all we know, we somehow subconsciously created this "evil spirit", by the fear of evil itself. Im not saying that thats true, Im just saying that when it comes to the spirit word, we dont know much. But if these ghosts really are "evil", that still makes an incredibly small amount of evil in our world, compared to how the regular person views it.

[edit on 27-7-2007 by BigPimpin]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigPimpin
For all we know, we somehow subconsciously created this "evil spirit", by the fear of evil itself.

All "evil" is inherently relative. All those who do evil in *your mind* are doing *good* in their mind. As I said before, this is an extremely philisophical question which gives me a metaphorical headache. I believe that no human would do evil consciously. Humans do what they think is right. When a human "sins", they do it because they justify it. They may regret it later, but I find regret to be a flaw in the human intellect; they did what they did because at the time they thought it was right. I truly believe in the philosophy of Aleister Crowley: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."

However, I certainly believe that people do things that should not be done, and they do those things out of ignorance to reality.

Reality is peace, love, happiness, beauty, truth, and freedom; for ALL mankind, not just for one's self.

[edit on 27/7/07 by an3rkist]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The entire plan is not to bring good people already in the favorable sights of God, but bring the one that is lost.
Save all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join