It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of ET? Read the Bible!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The Old Testament abounds with texts that speak of how angels came to the earth in ancient times riding in heavenly vehicles that are represented metaphorically as “horses” and “chariots” of God

Maybe religion has fogged our ideas about what the Bible is really about.
Almost every page in the Bible is talking about Angels and God. There are so many Old Testament texts that speak of how certain biblical figures ascended into the heavens.

Lets say I never heard of or knew anything about religion and I read the Bible for the first time. I would probably think all the Angels and God mentioned in the Bible were ET's.

Just a few of many examples,

Genesis 19:01: The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground.
Gen. 19:24: Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah - from the Lord out of the heavens."
psalm68:17The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands multiplied: the Lord was among them at Sinai, in the holy place
2kings 2:11As they continued walking and talking, a Chariot of fire and horses of fire separated the two of them, and Elijah ascended in a whirlwind into the heavens

and one of the most popular..

ezekiel 1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
ezekiel 1:5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

Religion has forshadowed our ET experiances.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I guess for someone to use the Bible as proof of extra-terrestrials they would first have to believe in the Bible. It's definitely a decent addition to the ever-mounting evidence though.

There are some Christians who believe that angels are, in fact, an extra-terrestrial race. They believe that the "angels" [aliens] came down to earth to procreate with humans, and God wasn't happy about the "impure" bloodlines created from having a human/angel hybrid so he flooded the earth killing all the impure people and saving the only remaining purely human bloodline, Noah.

All a bunch of hooie if you ask me, but so is the Bible itself, in my opinion. I'd believe in extra-terrestrials long before I believed in the Bible.

Thanks for the references, though!
Ancient texts mentioning extra-terrestrials is interesting in and of itself!

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Without saying you believe in the Bible you have to give it a little credit since it is the oldest history book we have. Could everything have been made up? The whole Bible is fiction? I dont think so.
I say forget about the religious brainwashing then take a look at the Bible's stories.

At this point the Bible is the closest thing to proof we have of ET besides silly alien stories and grainy photo's

[edit on 23-7-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

All a bunch of hooie if you ask me, but so is the Bible itself, in my opinion. I'd believe in extra-terrestrials long before I believed in the Bible.

Ok but I don't think that's what the OP is trying to state.

Lets say I never heard of or knew anything about religion and I read the Bible for the first time. I would probably think all the Angels and God mentioned in the Bible were ET's.

I have to agreeAn3rkist . If I never was taught about the Bible and read it for the first time, Angels,Demons, God, even the prophets, could all be viewed as E.T visitors . Interesting to ponder

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
Without saying you believe in the Bible you have to give it a little credit since it is the oldest history book we have. Could everything have been made up? The whole Bible is fiction? I dont think so.
I say forget about the religious brainwashing then take a look at the Bible's stories.

At this point the Bible is the closest thing to proof we have of ET besides silly alien stories and grainy photo's

Not that I want this to turn into an argument about whether or not the Bible is true, but I'd like to point out that the Bible cannot be considered a "history book" in the literal sense of the term. I would also like to point out that there are other religious texts older than the Bible.

I disagree on many levels about your theory that the Bible is the "closest thing to proof". I think that if millions of modern humans claim to have witnessed extra-terrestrial life, then that is far superior to a few people who've been dead for generations who speak of things that may or may not be in reference to extra-terrestrials. Whether or not the millions of modern humans are credible is beside the fact; they are just as credible as those who wrote the books of the Bible, if not moreso because we are getting their stories first-hand.

I think it's also interesting to point out that the verses you referenced could also be evidence of an advanced civilisation on earth, such as Atlantis. Just a thought though.

[edit on 23/7/07 by an3rkist]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

.......since it is the oldest history book we have. Could everything have been made up? The whole Bible is fiction? I don't think so.

The oldest book by what means? A physical book printed or written on paper? Or oldest written book on some other materials for examples clay, stone, papyrus?

Whatever it is, Bible is NOT the oldest history book! And Torrah is not originated by Christianity nor Jews, it was a copy cat from Sumerians.

If those Gods and angels mentioned in Bible were aliens, then you have to believe alien had crossbred real human with alien DNA to make Adam. These aliens were not the real God and never created universe.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

The Bible is not a history book.

The Bible is a book that contains fear, control, propaganda, bigotry, judgemental hatred and encourages blind, unquestionable faith. All this mixed with rumour, half-truths, fables, myths, second-hand and nth-hand eyewitness testimony. It's a book created by the ruling elite to control the serfs and unfortunately, it still rules a fair portion of the planet today - including the USA (In God We Trust printed on the currency). The whole planet is held back because the ruling elite WANT to maintain the status-quo by still clinging on to the Christian principles in the Bible, thereby controlling the serfs. Sad, really. ET must laugh at how one book (with military muscle) can control most of the planet.

The Bible is anything but a history book. It can not be independently verified or referenced and it was not edited by a peer review comittee. It's historical junk. It's not a history book.

You have to be kidding, right?

The Bible is the furthest thing to having proof that aliens exist. I'd take the first-hand eyewitness accounts of living people, today as being much more evidence, than a book of fairytales written a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

You have to be kidding, right?

The Bible is the furthest thing to having proof that aliens exist. I'd take the first-hand eyewitness accounts of living people, today as being much more evidence, than a book of fairytales written a long time ago.

Actually I would take a story that was important enough to be passed down through hundreds of generations over Tom, Dick or Harry being abducted at a hunting camp any day.

No im not kidding!

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Actually I would take a story that was important enough to be passed down through hundreds of generations over Tom, Dick or Harry being abducted at a hunting camp any day.

How do you know that the claims of people today will not be passed down through "hundreds of generations"?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by an3rkist
How do you know that the claims of people today will not be passed down through "hundreds of generations"?

I dont know, however this is exactly what gives the Bible a little more credit than recent stories.

Actually I cant say for sure because it hasnt happen but maybe the same things that happen in the Bible are still happening, as far as contact with ET, even today.

I guess anything is possible.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I dont know...Actually I cant say for sure...I guess anything is possible

Ah, the smartest thing you've said yet! (Not to say other things you've said weren't smart, though.) I believe words such as the ones I quoted above are the most intelligent things anyone can say.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The Bible is every bit the proof of the existence of extraterrestrials that the entertaining Stephen King novel "The Tommyknockers" is. Both offer interesting stories and lots of intriguing detail. Certainly, there is so much detail that it would be nearly impossible for it to be entirely fiction, created by a single individual... could it?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I think a sufficiently advanced alien race could replicate all the miracles of the bible and also create heaven and hell, that is, quantum computers for storing neural states and subjecting them to various conditions.

So, if you believe in aliens, why not believe in the Bible?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
So, if you believe in aliens, why not believe in the Bible?

If you believe in aliens, and the Bible, why not believe in leprechauns and faerie folk? Why not believe everything? After all, if one unproven thing can be believed in, why should we be so choosy? Ghosts, demons (plentiful in the Bible, by the way), witches and warlocks with magical powers, dragons, Sherlock Holmes, Edgar Cayce's and Nostradamus's predictions, Beowulf, Odin and Thor, Zeus and Apollo, the Great Spirit, Osiris and Horus. Yes, well, why should we choose any of these over the others? Simply because some are "less" unproven than others? Nonsense. If we're going to believe without reason and logic and evidence and proof, then we're going to have to believe everything.
:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
We have all of that, except for "proof", SV, which is subjective anyways.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Without saying you believe in the Bible you have to give it a little credit since it is the oldest history book we have.

bible is just a bad "copy-paste" from the sumerian tablets.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by umbracode]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The bible has been rewritten and 'revised' throughtout history. Thus it cannot be considered anymore as "evidence" than the testimony of anyone around you.

To use the bible as 'evidence' of aliens or whatever is on par with using the same text as 'evidence' of God. You want to find evidence of ETs? Look at what is going on around TODAY, as this is far more verifable. Leave historical relics to those whose careers are based on such investigations.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The bible is ONE example of ET visitation in ancient times, but not the best because this "volume of the sacred law" has been tampered with, edited, re-edited and mixed beyond recognition.

If we go to the ORIGINAL texts that the bible was based upon we find even better evidence of ETs and EDs (extra-dimensionals).

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Just take this into consideration when reading the bible. There may be some truth to it and false. Alot of the stories were written long after it supposedly happened. Earth 2 is right about if I new nothing about the bible then alot of those stories sound like alien stories to me.

WARNING: This a work of fiction. Do NOT TAKE it literally.

CONTENT ADVISORY:

Contains verses descriptive or advocating suicide, incest, bestiality, sadomasochism, sexual activity in a violent context, murder, morbid violence, use of drugs or alcohol, homosexuality, voyeurism, revenge, undermining of authority figures, lawlessness and human rights violations and atrocities.

EXPOSURE WARNING: Exposure to contents for extended periods of time or during formative years in children may cause delusions, hallucinations, decrease cognitive and objective reasoning abilities, and in extreme cases, pathological disorders, hatred, bigotry, violence including but not limited to fanaticism, murder and genocide.” endanger your mental health and life”.

Bible Warning Label

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

and one of the most popular..

ezekiel 1:4 And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.
ezekiel 1:5 Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

Yes Ezekiel is a facinating part as you have picked up on. Here's a few more:

Ezekiel 1:6 but each of them had four faces and four wings

This could be that the prophet is now able to see more detail because the craft is at low altitude? He sees the four blades of the rotors and the fairing housings above the rotors that give the appearance of faces.

Ezekiel 1:7 Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze.

This is a description of the landing legs. The legs have shock absorbers and round footpads?

Ezekiel 1:8 Under their wings on their four sides they had the hands of a man. All four of them had faces and wings.

This could be refering to remote-controlled mechanical arms hanging along side the cylindrical helicopter bodies.

Ezekiel 1:11 Such were their faces. Their wings were spread out upward; each had two wings, one touching the wing of another creature on either side, and two wings covering its body.

The first part refers to the rotor blades being divided. The suggestion is that there is a kind of gap in the control mechanism or fairing. The last part of the verse refers to the rotor blades folded in an up and down position.

Ezekiel 1:13 The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches. Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it.

Ezekiel is referring to the flowing reactor radiator and the bursts from the control rockets. The lightning effect comes from what would seem like leaping random fire but in fact is controlled bursts from the various control rockets for stabilization purposes.

Ezekiel 1:14 The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning

Obviously to do with the speed of the craft.

Ezekiel 1:16-21 This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like chrysolite, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not turn about as the creatures went. Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around. When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

The greenish-bluish color of the wheels suggests a protective film or coating. A further description of advanced reversible wheels is given. Ezekiel is confused - looks to him like a wheel within a wheel. These wheels look like they are obeying orders.

Ezekiel 1:22 Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked like an expanse, sparkling like ice, and awesome.

Here is a description of the main body of the craft. We get its basic shape, spreading out like a "firmament." The surface of the main body is metallic, shining, bright.

Ezekiel 1:26 Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man.

The prophet sees the command module shaped and colored like a cabochon-cut sapphire. Seated in the pilot's seat is a man.

I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him.

The prophet describes the light effects of the commander's flight suit which are reminiscent of the light effects caused by the reflecting surfaces of certain insulation materials used in the Apollo lunar module. It might be enlightening here to mention the light effects, especially the golden glow effect, described by some present-day witnesses to UFO close encounters, people who have been in near proximity to UFO crew members.

Ezekiel 1:28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

Here are the optical light effects of the translucent cabachon-shaped command module sitting atop the main body of the spacecraft. Sunlight hitting the translucent surface and reflecting off other surfaces inside the module causes a rainbow light effect.

So was Ezekiel's account really his way of telling a detailed story about an encounter with extraterrestrials? Were these beings sent by God to deliver a message to Ezekiel? We know that back in 'the time of the bible' that spacecrafts weren't being used by humans because of lack of technology...yet Ezekiel clearly states that a craft was flying through the sky and had what looked like the appearance of a man on a type of throne. So if humans weren't flying craft around at the time of 'The Bible,' then surely it must not have been from an Earthly origin right?

There's numerous accounts in The Bible about possible E.T's, yet I'm not religious in the slightest so I don't know what to believe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join