It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientologist Crazies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think anyone wit their head screwed on can see that Scientology is in no way a good thing, not through my eyes anyone, but if people want to throw away their money at self help hypnosis sessions, E-Meter readings and some really dodgy story about the almighty Xenu by a man who was originally a crap sci fi author then thats entirely up to themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i in no way condone Scientology, i think its ridiculous and dangerous as well as wrong for fleecing people of all their money, that being said i want to play devils advocate...

is Scientology personally hurting you? if those who participate feel its helping them (and it may be) is it bad? there are a lot of crazy beliefs going around this world, but who's to say its wrong? i heard about this other crazy religion where this guy was crucified and then came back from the dead, they also encourage donating money to their cause.
does the validity of a religion only depend on how long its been in practice or how many people participate? how could something that feels so right be so wrong for those involved? what makes other ways of worship less cult-like?

i think these types of questions need to be answered before a full blow attack against someones beliefs. it may not be right for you, but it may be right for some people.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well if it's helping them then i guess thats a fair game, as long as they do no become dangerous, i mean they are HUGE worldwide now, and there is going to be a lot of money going through the 'Churches' of Scientology, and money often means influence, and influence in high places at that...

take a look at this old documentary, it's very old from the 60's i think but has interviews with Hubbard and makes a compelling watch for those interested in seeing what the roots of scientology were, surprisingly not a lot has changed ...

video.google.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

as long as they do no become dangerous, i mean they are HUGE worldwide now, and there is going to be a lot of money going through the 'Churches' of Scientology, and money often means influence, and influence in high places at that...

again playing devils advocate...

your worst fears have already been realized. ask yourself which "cult" has lots of money running through it and already has influence in high places!

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I consider them a huge threat. The largest domestic spy ring in the United States just so happened to be scientologist members.

www.lermanet.com...

We should follow Germany's lead and ban this cult. Yes I call it a cult because thats just what it is.

Ron Hubbard was nothing more than a child molester and a scam artist. The man admitted such prior to starting his so-called church when he stated that the easiest way to get rich was starting a religion. He lived on a boat in international waters so he could have his way with the many young boys living with him without fear of prosecution

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I agree it's a scam, but not on the child angle - he was married many times, and actually stole Jack Parsons (JPL/NASA Labs) girlfriend.

He was in international waters BECAUSE he was paranoid, and that he was sure the IRS and many others were after his money, or that his religion was going to be taken from him. There are many times he's said others are molesters, but he himself I doubt. He does look it, in some of the later pictures, but no, I don't think he was.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I agree Scientologists are crazy. If a religion wants to take your money for their own benefits and not for charity. Also if they knock on your door to try to recruit you its probably not a religion, its a cult that is "in" right now because Tom Cruise and John Travolta are members.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join