It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientologist Crazies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I sure hope there are no Scientologists here, i'm gonna post these two links check them out and get back to me on them, i find the first one kinda disturbing!!

www.youtube.com...

and this one isnt much better1

www.youtube.com...

mod edit to correct spelling error in title

[edit on 8/7/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Why do you find them crazy? What is your opinion of the videos? Tell us about them please.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
i find scientology to be rather twisted, cultish, i myself am not religious but the three guys in he first video constantly ask him about 'his crimes' and even went as far to say he was a child molester. This kind of stuff is dangerous, please don't beat me up about it but i really really don't like this kind of stuff, like i said it disturbs me deeply. Hubbard, the founder of Scientology was basically a crap sci fi author to start with who once said 'if you want to make money start a religion'

here's another full on documentary from about 1995 i think, please watch and give feedback.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
and another one! watchthis stuff then come to a conclusion.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
They are crazy because they take video of anyone that they feel is a "suppressive person" and they had protested outside that guys house, Hubbard himself installed a "fair game" policy which states that you can do ANYTHING to stop a critic of scientology, lawsuits,bodily harm, etc. Hubbard told them to "always attack and never defend".

I am all for religious freedom, but if you look into scientology, you will find a lot of nefarious things.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
For me its a strange religion, giving the number of people on this board, there must be some that believe in this religion. Tom cruise seems a bit to weird for me, some of his interviews are just weird, and i bet oprah loves what he does.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by brotherforchrist
which states that you can do ANYTHING to stop a critic of scientology, lawsuits,bodily harm, etc. Hubbard told them to "always attack and never defend".

I heard something about the 'fair game' policy, but surley they cannot just start
phoning the cops and telling them someone is a murderer or something like that, how does it work any info on that ide of things?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Another of Hubbard's contemporaries tried to expose him and openly detested him. That was Robert Heinlein. He absolutely was revolted by this guy. For me that was enough of awake up call, because I personally liked Heinlein, so I was disposed to go along with his take on Hubbard and his "Religion". I will admit I have done little to investigate this "Religion" and don't really know of any reason why I would start now.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smugallo

which states that you can do ANYTHING to stop a critic of scientology, lawsuits,bodily harm, etc. Hubbard told them to "always attack and never defend".

I heard something about the 'fair game' policy, but surley they cannot just start
phoning the cops and telling them someone is a murderer or something like that, how does it work any info on that ide of things?

They dont call the cops.

They call your neighbors and co-workers. They post fliers on cars in your neighborhood telling everyone our a child molester.

Their policy is to make life so hard on accusers that they just shut up.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I don't have the time to go after a group already as ridiculous as the scientologists, but if I did, I don't think their "fair game" shenanigans would work that well. I would just turn around and expose who was "exposing" me and tell the world why they were doing it.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke

Their policy is to make life so hard on accusers that they just shut up.

i've actually found out there has been several suicides and cases where ex members of the 'church' ave killed themselves!

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just read about Hubbard's life and lies (and for that matter his 'friend' Jack Parsons), his personal history (occultism, mental problems, drug use), is enough to convince me the guy was a sham artist and liar before he even came up with the religion side of things.

Try somewhere like Operation Clambake (I think its called, its a website), it's a good place to start if you're interested in the more factual side of the issue than the garbage put out by his foundation. It's a matter of public fact (from Naval records, letters Hubbard wrote himself, etc) that he lied about his Naval history, tried to get benefit when he wasn't sick, and carried on doing it when he actually started making money.

So much about Scientology is wrong, but given Hubbard's occultic background, perhaps there is more to it than meets the eye - there are stories of him doing strange things to people over the phone (like hypnosis if you will), and various other unpleasant bits and pieces. Then there's the whole Jack Parsons (which eventually became JPL/NASA) affair, and his ties, albeit through Jack to Crowley.

Uhhh, utterly unpleasant.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Why are they so fond of instantly labeling people child molesters? (me thinks they protest too much
)

They are an odd bunch - it's not like people can just leave em to get on with there thing - they are allways in your face. Bunch of hating deluded fantisists if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Because their MO is to crush their opposition, always attack never defend.Libel,financial devistation through lawsuit after lawsuit, bull baiting, protesting,smear campaigns, these are ALL done. check out operation clambake as the above poster said.Scientology doesn't just try to silence critics it tries to utterly destroy them.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Why are they so fond of instantly labeling people child molesters? (me thinks they protest too much
)

They are an odd bunch - it's not like people can just leave em to get on with there thing - they are allways in your face. Bunch of hating deluded fantisists if you ask me.

Yup hating deluded fantasists with may more money than sense if you ask me, they appear to be quite aggressive if you question there beliefs or morals, wonder if there are any scientologists on ATS?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

they appear to be quite aggressive if you question there beliefs or morals, wonder if there are any scientologists on ATS?

Shouldn't be that hard to find out - question there beliefs or morals in depth and see how long it takes em to bite!

You won't catch me doin that too much tho, if I had them on my tail the way i've seen em attack the other poor people I would have call in a few favors - like possibly talk to God and request a jolly good smiting.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I've seen a couple of posters who suggest reading scientology doctrine but that's not to say they're scientologists.

I actually read something weird - the people in the original scam are now no longer in charge, THEY got ripped off (and if THEY got ripped off and scammed, the new guys are even bigger pros):

www.sc-i-r-s-ology.pair.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Scientology definitely comes across to me as weird and cultish, but all major religions weird and cultish. The only reason why scientologoy appears more weird and cultish than Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Budhism, or Hinduism is that it is not as old. Why should Scientology's idiosyncracies be viewed differently just because they are decades rather than milenia old?

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think the fact that Scientologist have to pay thousands of dollars/pounds to get to the next OT level (Operating Thetan Apparantly) pretty much proves it's a scam, a brainwash watch the video i post next on this thread it's quite scary, about a place called Clearwater that as some really disturbing scientologist action in it.

Check it out.

Google Video Link

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
for more Scientology information check out

Operation Clambake

you'll have to understand when it comes to Scientology every comment is biased, most either believe it or detest it... so do your best to weed through and look for facts.

just to be fair, here is the other side of the spectrum

Scientology's Official Site

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join