It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Orthodox Jews Plan Anti-Israeli Protest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

American Orthodox Jews Plan Anti-Israeli Protest

www.jewsagainstzionism.com

Brooklyn, New York July 23, 2007

The Central Rabbinical Congress of U.S.A and Canada has called for a mass demonstration on Tuesday, July 24th at 2:30 PM in front of the consulate of the State of Israel at 800 2nd Ave, New York, to protest the brutal behavior of the Israeli police against religious Jewry in the State of Israel, as well as their legal system's discrimination against religious Jewry.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I received this in my email today.

I'm really interested to hear people's thoughts on this issue of Israeli police brutality. These protesters can hardly be fobbed off with the usual 'anti-Semite' refrain.

My question would be, if this is how Israeli police treat Jewish people how can people deny the horror stories of how they treat Palestinian civilians?

www.jewsagainstzionism.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
These protesters can hardly be fobbed off with the usual 'anti-Semite' refrain.

I think they will be called 'self hating jews'.

I dont know if they hate themselfs, but I sure love them!

These are my favorite Jews as a matter of fact!

I like these guys too....

www.nkusa.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
wounder if they will be called anti semetics

i can just imagine the headlines in the US and Israel

"Jews march in a anti semetic mannor against the jewish state
this anti jewish behavier cannot go on"

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I don't see how Jewish people have to automatically agree with everything the Israeli state does.

As much as people would like to assume 'Israel' is a Jewish state, it simply is not. There are more Jewish people living in the US than anywhere else in the world.

Israel is a country with a corrupt government just like pretty much everywhere else. What makes them immune to criticism? Because they're God's 'chosen' people?

From the OP's source

The Jewish people, from its inception, has been unique by its identity as a religious entity.

The Jews in ancient times were banished from the land of Israel because they had failed to fulfill their obligations to the Al-mighty. Every Jew acknowledges this in his prayers (Umipnei Chatoeinu Golinu Meiartzeinu). They accepted the penalty of exile and were at that time expressed sworn by the Al-mighty not to accelerate their redemption on their own, and especially not to rebel against the nations under whose rule they were found. To the contrary, every Jew is commanded to pray for the peace and well being of the government of which he is the subject.

Through all the years of exile, pious Jews as individuals were attracted to reside in the Holy Land because of its innate holy character and the opportunity it offered for the observance of various precepts bound in the land. Jews as a whole continue to pray that the Al-mighty return his Divine presence to the Land of Israel, by the coming of the Messiah, who will build His Temple, from whence will emanate Divine Wisdom and ultimate spiritual fulfillment of the entire human race.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
They are opposing Israel in the US..."Crush Them!!!" Oh wait they're Jewish oy what a conundrum

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think this Jews see the same thing that we American citizens that disagree with many of the Israeli tactics see.

I find commendable what they are doing, at least it will be not name calling.

Bravo for them.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I love these guys right down to their funky hats. I'm hoping that a fight breaks out and this gets on the nightly news. It is about time they (orthodox Jews), started working harder to get peace going in the middle east.

I wonder if the word 'USreal' makes any sense?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
In some cases, condemnation from the church has more influence than that of government.

It is quite a shock to see this concern raised by the orthodox Jews, it shows a change in sentiment towards the idea of brute force to achieve objectives.

This will not sit well in Israel, and it probably won't be given too much airtime in the states I expect.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Here's my take.

I think the Jewish have a right to be in Israel based on history. I know previously they had left for safer and less holy lands during times of sieges. The area was conquered many times and Judaism did not fulfill the promise to protect it to the Al-mighty.

This being said, I think the problem is that the only way to protect it from constant siege is the atrocities and violence against other groups (Islamics). The Islamics want complete control of the land, especially Jerusalem for their own religious purposes to fulfill a prophesy made by an Imam made in the infancy of the Islamic religion.

I think that anti-Zionists understand that controlling the Israeli state isn't worth all this violence. The best option would be a cooperation between these two groups. The problem is that many Islamics want complete control and many Jewish want complete control. So, we come to modern times where there is just a complete standoff between the two groups with violence coming from both sides.

Where do you go from here? Should the Jews just let the Muslims in even though there may be even bigger atrocities against their own people if this happens? Is there anyway that Muslims can co-exist in Israel without their dying need for it being an Islamic state? Can peace in the region work? Should the Jewish just leave again? Should anyone control the land?

Here's a link to an good article summarizing the history of Holy Land by Daniel Pipes. He has his own opinion, which I find hard to disagree with based on my own research.

www.danielpipes.org...

I know many people, mainly Christian and Jewish, who have been to Israel and Jerusalem. They always say how much of an amazing place it is, too bad there has to be any bloodshed over it at all.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I don't really see the excitement...

Every group has people of various political beliefs, Jews are no different. There are plenty of Jews who support Israel, and some who don't.

It would be prudent, however, to do a little more research on NK, such as their membership numbers, funding, etc.

Most Hasidic Jews do not support the Government of Israel, however NK isn't exactly a good representation of them... a little research will explain why. Do a quick ATS search as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I think this Jews see the same thing that we American citizens that disagree with many of the Israeli tactics see.

I find commendable what they are doing, at least it will be not name calling.

Bravo for them.

I agree,
the hardest thing is to stand up to your peers,
I cant imagine to many people protesting FOR continued Israeli tactics..
you'd think after they suffered at the hands of barbaric people, theyd of learnt the lessons, like the japanese.

israeli's deserve a homeland, but zionism and occupational tactics have diminished jew's rights.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I would suggest a research before anyone starts guessing the reason Orthodox Jews are protesting against Israel.
The only reason they do that is because there are some streams in Judaism, mostly the ultra-religious ones that believe an Israeli state should not exist until the coming of the Messiah because only then the Israel can exist, according to their belief.
It has nothing to do with the Israeli situation with the Palestinians, Israeli tactics or any particular government in Israel.
Read up on "Neturei Karta" on wikipedia or whatever.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gramlengo
I would suggest a research before anyone starts guessing the reason Orthodox Jews are protesting against Israel.

Ok, I did some research. Why do you think they are protesting against the 'state' of Israel?

The only reason they do that is because there are some streams in Judaism, mostly the ultra-religious ones that believe an Israeli state should not exist until the coming of the Messiah because only then the Israel can exist, according to their belief.

Wow, thats amazingly the same conclusion I have come to from my research and Biblical understanding.

It has nothing to do with the Israeli situation with the Palestinians, Israeli tactics or any particular government in Israel.
Read up on "Neturei Karta" on wikipedia or whatever.

Really? Then why would they carry signs that say otherwise?

www.nkusa.org..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Isnt zionism the 'particular government in Israel'?
What do they mean when they say 'condems its atrocities'?
They arent talking about the 'situation with the Palestinians'?
They arent talking about 'Israeli tactics' or 'any particular government'?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I do not know what to make of this group. I think it's just another belief system out there. I know growing up I never heard of these specific rabbi's at all. BTW, I am Jewish and was born in Israel.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Thanks for the contributions

I am less concerned over the reasons why Orthodox Jews do not support Israel as I am about how it is an ostensibly bulletproof example of just how barbaric Israeli authorities are.

This one instance and example comes from a source who cannot be fobbed off as anti-semitic as 99.99% of all criticism of Israel is. It also highlights how badly Israeli authorities can treat "their own" people which also dispells the myth that Israel is a liberal democratic oasis in a troubled Middle East. And finally I put it to you that if Israel can treat Jewish people this badly, they would not hesititate to treat Palestinians infinitely worse.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by frailty
Where do you go from here? Should the Jews just let the Muslims in even though there may be even bigger atrocities against their own people if this happens? Is there anyway that Muslims can co-exist in Israel without their dying need for it being an Islamic state?......

I'm not sure what you mean by that statement. The Jews and Muslims have coexisted for decades. In fact, Muslims have more rights in Israel than they do in Arab states. Muslims make up 16% of the population of Israel now. Read this article to get a better understanding of the rights of Muslims in Isreal. An Israeli Supreme Court Justice is Arab Muslim as well as a minister of the Israeli cabinet.

The problem doesn't come from Muslims in Israel or from those Muslims that want to come and live there. It comes from Radical Islamic Extremists that are misinterpreting their own religion.

You also mention your friends that have visited Jerusalem. Mine have as well and all were amazed at how well most religions got along with one another. It wasn't what they expected when they went.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have an older cousin that marry to an orthodox Jew, you can pretty much know them by the way the dress.

I was only 13 when I met him, one thing I can tell you this people are very wealthy and I think that they distance themselves from the people born in Israel.

He was born in NY state, Is not much I know about them beside having one in the family and that he is very wealthy and that they own many businesses around NY.

new topics

top topics

join