It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


What Can I do? My Job denied me employment due to false background information.

page: 1

log in


posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:45 PM

I was denied employment at this paint place ( duron ) due to their credit and background checking place fasley gave them someone elses background record with the same name for a bunch of criminal stuff. I Now am being given the cold shoulder when I call the place for info, and now have to call the headquarters tomorrow and get that info on where they contracted out for records checking.

As well as get a copy of what they looked at to determine I have a record.

just wondering if you think anything can be done here?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:47 PM
The only real option is to get a lawyer to represent you.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:25 AM
If you can get the records, maybe you can prove it's not you by SSN or birthdate or something.

That really sucks. I hope you can clear it up.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:18 AM
The FCRA has two interesting peices in it

The main peice can be found here.


609. Disclosures to consumers [15 U.S.C. § 1681g]

609. Disclosures to consumers [15 U.S.C. § 1681g]
(a) Information on file; sources; report recipients. Every consumer reporting agency shall,
upon request, and subject to 610(a)(1) [§ 1681h], clearly and accurately disclose to
the consumer:
(1) All information in the consumer's file at the time of the request except that--
(A) if the consumer to whom the file relates requests that the first 5 digits of
the social security number (or similar identification number) of the
consumer not be included in the disclosure and the consumer reporting
agency has received appropriate proof of the identity of the requester, the
consumer reporting agency shall so truncate such number in such
disclosure; and
(B) nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to require a consumer
reporting agency to disclose to a consumer any information concerning
credit scores or any other risk scores or predictors relating to the

619. Obtaining information under false pretenses [15 U.S.C. § 1681q]

619. Obtaining information under false pretenses [15 U.S.C. § 1681q]
Any person who knowingly and willfully obtains information on a consumer from a
consumer reporting agency under false pretenses shall be fined under title 18, United States
Code, imprisoned for not more than 2 years, or both.

I did tell my "manager" the information was wrong can you go thru it again, I've only had one speeding ticket in 1998! He said " the company has already said I cannot hire you and thats that"

Im going to be requesting a copy of my background check and then going to a lawyer.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by Tranceopticalinclined]

[edit on 24-7-2007 by Tranceopticalinclined]

top topics

log in