It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coming Change?????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
The whole "roughing it" idea seems very appealing to me, as well. Maybe I am just tired of the technological society we live in.

Exactly my thoughts.

I wouldn't mind going back to the days of old when there was no such thing as TV, computer etc.

I think our modern way of living has been having a negative effect on the human being and society as a whole IMO.

Maybe what I desire about the old way of life is the slower pace of living, and the closeness of the community.

Either way, I agree that people are expecting and wanting a much needed change.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I have been reading the forum for a while now and just decided to join in.

by awakeningmind

Something big is bound to happen and that something big is going to affect us all, maybe it will be a bad thing for the people here and now but for who comes next it is a time for enlightenment, they will know that a world such as our own cannot work the way its intended too.

Totally agree on this part. Although I must say that I feel and hear the tone on ATS forums slightly turning towards the 'dark' side. To me it seems 'they' already got to you guys in terms of becoming more and more afraid in this world. Please don't let them do this to you. This is a slow but sure process that will be extemely difficult to reverse.

My view: let's awknowledge the changes that are coming; just like all the changes we've experienced in the past. Fear is your worst enemy, the terror and the wars are just their tool to achieve that goal. Nothing more.... Well, maybe a few more barrels of oil

To be honest I would love to live a big change like UFO/EBE disclosure and yes; this will most definatly shake our entire technical constitution. But I think only for the better. We will then soon be able to colonize other worlds because this planet won't be able to sustain the exponentional growth of it's population in the future.

FYI: I'm from Europe and live in the UK now. My point of few might be slightly more on the positive side since I never experienced terror attacks in my home country. Nevertheless I totally understand everyone who has.

You are absolutely right on this. Michael Moore and others have touched on how are media tries to make us frightened to be compliant.

You watch the news and it is every casualty that happens for the first 20 minutes.

I remember a comedian saying once:I can't handle all the sex and violence on television so I stopped watching the news.

I work for the state health department and people get their panties in a wad over every incidence like it is going to be a massive Ebola outbreak.

I have to roll my eyes everytime I hear about west nile virus which has the implications of a bad cold. People can get it and not even know it.
The flu or rabies is still much more of a concern.
But we are afraid of what we don't understand.
I may be on the other side. I don't take too much seriously.

I am more concerned about the chemicals on my food then the scare of avian flu or WNV.
And fluoride. Ever consider where it comes from?

That being said. I still can't shake the feeling that something is going to happen. I am considered more "sensitive" then most. I don't think it will be complete extinction. But I do think we are going back to basics. That we will have to learn to grow our own food and barter system, and live in villages.
That if it is indeed aliens revealing themselves, that any warring effects or degradation in society will be a result of our own civil wars, strife, etc. due to mass hysteria.

Something that really needs to be considered is that while many here may be prepared for an inter-galactic conference. Many will not be so receptive. For many religious people will not be so amicable of someone showing up and throwing off an entire belief system.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Maybe what I desire about the old way of life is the slower pace of living, and the closeness of the community.

I suppose that is what I am desiring. When I look at society today and the fact that we don't even know our next door neighbors anymore, I have to be somewhat concerned.

Of course, I am a perfect product of the de-socializing of society. So, I may not be the best proponent of socializing with others. I spend about five times as much time on the computer as I do talking to others.

However, I think it's developing into a problem throughout society.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
For whatever value it may be, I would like to share with this group what we are expecting to have to be prepared to meet in the coming events that will so radically re-order how we live.

To briefly review, I am a board member of a charitable trust which has spent some money on backing individuals who will organize seminars to train interested volunteers to form working groups to help meet the onslaught of events. We have to start small and hope we can produce numbers sufficient to make some difference.

For those who are interested, I now present some extracts from our planning paper to show what we are expecting and why urgent action is needed to be able to meet the contingencies brought on by them. Our Trust planning does not say how the history will unfold, but that we have to prepare to address the following:

We will have established topics for the teams to include emphasizing how to sustain families- the basic unit of a civilization, the need to sustain communities, to implement education systems, resource management, sustainable population density, sustainable wealth, and many others. The intention of these teams is to design and implement sustainable social and civilizational practices to end the cyclical rise, fall, and collapse of civilizations. A subsequent intention is to guide the evolution of civilization on earth so that it enters an extended era of peace and social and economic balance that most people would call “enlightenment.

What would cause us to react and plan this way? Our study concludes that the changes coming may already be upon us and un-stoppable. We feel it is impossible to know how the multiple number of events will be mixed together, because some events will be simultaneous, others will be the effects of earlier events, and there are biological mechanisms in play we do not understand. We feel we can determine that the effects will be severe as well as also be unexpectedly beneficial in some cases.

I am now going to extract a brief list which indicates what we determined to be the events themselves, but they are not shown in any particular order of appearance.

>Collapse of the social organization:
This results in the inability to provide services like transportation to the lack of schools, sewage disposal, food distribution, and many more items.

>Population Decimation:
Populations that exceed the biological sustainment ratio to land masses they live upon are naturally culled back to a ratio that the land can afford to support them. We estimate that our current world population is over 6.8 billion, about three times what earth can maintain without destroying the earth itself. It is estimated that we will loose from between 50 to 75 percent of the population rapidly over a short number of years once the process begins.

>Tectonic Plate Contraction:
Our earth is cooling which is not a contradiction to the global warming theory. As it cools, the plates themselves are more frequently in motion due to some shrinkage and are under other additional stresses. Our continents “float” on seas of molten material which also changes its motions by planetary spin and gravity, and it is these combined situations, plus others, that will increasingly cause tidal and land disruptions never experienced before.

>Ocean Overlapping:
Any loss of the present gravitational forces will increase ocean spillage onto the land. We expect that in the next ten years that variations to earth gravity will take place. We have accepted the fact that it is gravity itself that keeps the seashore where it is and how we see it, and that less gravity will curl the oceans much higher inland without having to add to the present volume of water presently in all the oceans. Coastal areas, we conclude, will universally and simultaneously be at risk for inundation, 50 to 100 miles inland.

>Hydrate Gas Evaporation:
Vast quantities of gasses are entombed at the bottom of oceans on both poles of our planet. Warming, whatever its causes, will drive the present ice masses on both poles to “roll over”, which in turn will uncap and release trillions of cubic feet of un-breathable gas into the atmosphere. For some time the density of water on earth in polar regions will be less while the gases erupt. Flooding will be experienced as well as many deaths occur because of “bad air”.

There are a few more events on our list; however, I think the above is sufficient to get over the idea that there are huge forces of nature about to be released on man that he has never experienced before.

Before I conclude, a word about some beneficial changes that will probably occur because of this unleashing of nature on populations.

Where the present strictures of civilization remain intact, only the lack of people to run them is missing. Huge resources will be available to those who remain. Libraries and educational systems can be restructured to preserve and teach the essentials of what is best about our present institutions and technologies. Our Working Groups are an attempt to remind people they need to be about the work of preservation and goal orientation and not fall into the traps of despair and fear. We feel that never again in the history of mankind will there be an opportunity to gather the best in the name of trust for an enlightened future for all to share in.

Very much more could be said, but all of that will be presented in the days of seminar instruction being prepared for. The social and moral ideals have to change to, and while we have not discussed those items above, our planning and consultations indicate there will be a huge effect by a revolution in spiritual and cosmic thinking dureing these days of difficulty.

I hope this exercise was helpful to some.

Ron

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I actually study survival techniques. Just in case. But actually more so because you never know what is going to happen. More so in case my car goes into a ditch without anyone seeing. There is a mass blackout. Or I get lost hiking. There is even a cookbook for cooking on your car engine.

Just like everyone should know how to change a tire, being prepared doesn't hurt.

And I will prepare my son to do the same.

Even if never need these skills, it teaches you well-roundedness, and how to think outside of the box, and resourcefullness.

One of the nicest compliments I ever got is someone told me that if they were going to get stuck on a deserted island, they would want it to be with me because they know they would survive.

I wouldn't even mind a little underground shelter in my yard. Just for fun. I can stock it with cool stuff including a 100 can openers. Just in case, but more so as a place to hide when I hear "mommy" and Hey honey can you.... one too many times in a day.

My motto is that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The whole "roughing it" idea seems very appealing to me, as well. Maybe I am just tired of the technological society we live in.

Exactly my thoughts.

I wouldn't mind going back to the days of old when there was no such thing as TV, computer etc.

I think our modern way of living has been having a negative effect on the human being and society as a whole IMO.

I appreciate your way of thinking on this but I think our technology is a very good thing; it's just some people or companies and Hollywood have perverted some technology into a negative thing. People have been conditioned through the years to believe anything they see on TV and to use that technology or product accordingly. The old saying use but use in moderation.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

I think our technology is a very good thing;

Why? Because it makes life more "convenient?" When I look at today's society, I see a bunch of weak,sniffling individuals. Why? Well, technology is much to blame for it.

When was the last time you had to lift anything over 25 pounds on your job? I am willing to bet you can't even tell me. We have machines that do all of our physical labor nowadays.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Why? Because it makes life more "convenient?" When I look at today's society, I see a bunch of weak,sniffling individuals. Why? Well, technology is much to blame for it.

When was the last time you had to lift anything over 25 pounds on your job? I am willing to bet you can't even tell me. We have machines that do all of our physical labor nowadays.

lol, get real man. There is absolutely NOTHING at ALL wrong with technology. NOTHING.
People are a bunch of weak sniffling individuals anyway, technology just allows you to see these people more, but has absolutely NOTHING to do with the way they are

Are you 50 years old? Or would you like to live above 50? Technology has allowed us to develop medicines and vaccines to allow us to live longer and healthier.

Did you use the restroom today? Did you use a toilet and plumbing, or did you do whatever in a hole in your backyard?

Did you eat today? Where did that food come from?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm sorry TJW, but I have to agree with SpeakerofTruth.

Our modern society has bred some of the most lazy, weak and pathetic human beings of all time.

I disagree that technology has allowed us to see the weak person more.

What it has done is allowed the weak a greater chance of survival.

If you were weak before we had all this technology, it was very likely that you would probably end up dead pretty quick.

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Did you use the restroom today? Did you use a toilet and plumbing, or did you do whatever in a hole in your backyard?

You do realize that all that waste eventually goes back into the earth don't you?

Did you eat today? Where did that food come from?

It came from the earth and was probably fertilized with animal manure.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
hmmm, I don;t think you guys are looking at this from the right perspective. You can't just say tech is good cause it gives us mod cons and equally you can't say the opposite. Its much more complicated than that as I'm sure you can appreciate. Technology, for all its evil applications and human-experience-dilluting ability, has been, is and will be crucial to the advancment of our species.

The way I see it is that we're in this together, as a whole and wherever we're going, we need our technology to help us get there. This might not be true indefinately, we may well get to the point where we transcend the need for it but for the time being, IMO we require it, not to live, but to progress.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I'm sorry TJW, but I have to agree with SpeakerofTruth.

Our modern society has bred some of the most lazy, weak and pathetic human beings of all time.

I disagree that technology has allowed us to see the weak person more.

What it has done is allowed the weak a greater chance of survival.

lol
Define "weak"

This doesn't make any sense anyway as the "strong" use just as much technology (if not MORE) as the "weak." That's not a very good argument....

If you were weak before we had all this technology, it was very likely that you would probably end up dead pretty quick.

??
If you were strong before all this technology, you still ended up dead quick. Just look at the life expectancies just 100 years ago compared to now.

You do realize that all that waste eventually goes back into the earth don't you?

That's irrelevant to the question....

It came from the earth and was probably fertilized with animal manure.

But WHERE did it come from? Your backyard?
How did it get fertalized? Did the food just magically appear on your plate or was it grown somewhere? Was the food magically ready to eat immediately?

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
OK, saw 4 UFO's last night, im now convinced that something big is about to happen.. either that or they were playing games with me and my thoughts.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Sorry Simon, I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not

If your not then please share a few deatails of your sighting.
Why does it imply to you that something is about to happen?

agian, if your being sarccy then sorry for my gullability!!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

I think our technology is a very good thing;

[edit on 26-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

Well I actually do lift quite alot in my daily job, as well as do all the yard work etc. at my home and I have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter that I carry as well. I believe in hard work...its good for the soul but bad for the back.
You need to re-read my post..I said some induviduals government,media mainly and hollywood have perverted our technology. In the end it is up to the induvidual to do with it as they will. After a long hard and hot day's work I enjoy not having to get up to change the channel, but it does not make me lazy. By the way if you feel the way you do about technology why are you using a pc on ...yep the internet; or for that matter if you drive a car why not just get a horse. Get my point.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chonx
Sorry Simon, I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not

If your not then please share a few deatails of your sighting.
Why does it imply to you that something is about to happen?

I wasn't being sarcastic, but thank you for asking, didn't realise my writing was that misleading..

Basically i saw 4 orbs in the space of about 10 minutes last night whilst outside having a smoke. They literally flashed me, then disappeared again.. i understand why people think they can read your mind..the way it happened, what i was thinking at the time etc..

The first one appeared high up, materialized out of thin air, zipped around for a split second, then disappeared again, whilst another one did the same, which made it look like they danced/spun around each other for a second.

The best one by far was the third. I was looking right at where it appeared. It appeared to be slightly orange, with a slight halo around it, and also appeared to give off some small sparks or something as it zipped around.

I estimate that the third one was very low down, and if u drew a line from it to the ground, it would be less than 500m away from me.

Me and friend saw one the other week together, whilst talking about deep things, the world, metaphysics etc.. that was the first time i ever saw a UFO. And then last night i see what most people never see, 4 times in a row. Needless to say, i was awestruck, a little tearful, but so thankful to who/whatever signalled at me

Why do i think it signals something big is about to happen? I can't put it into words, but thats the feeling i get. I felt like the appearance of them was a sign to me at least, a sign to prepare myself mentally for whats about to happen. Also, everything feels like its slowly falling into place for me.. hopefully i will find out why i am here at this time soon.

I have to put the experience on par with dying (evidently im not dead, but i experienced what you go through using '___'). It was profound and a life changing one aswell, although i already knew that other life is right infront of us, just that we can't percieve it most of the time.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I would say depends on what your definition of change is...

Who's to say there will be one massive event that will change everything?

Could be lots of little things tied together instead.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yeh very true. Maybe its one event that sets the ball in motion, like 9/11 for example. Although i really hope its nothing like that obviously. If i had to guess, it would be something to do with alien life/ET's, and one final mass deception/trying to bring in the NWO through fear and misunderstanding of what these other life forms are about.

Either that or a dirty bomb in Washington. Hopefully its not that either!

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I agree with the PP that technology is not so simple. It is a double edged sword.
On one hand, it does make us somewhat lazy. It has given people ability to have jobs they normally wouldn't of had.It has increased opportunities tenfold. While it has broken families into seclusion, it has also brought cultures together. We can visit Egypt, Austrailia, Japan, in a day's time.

It gives us clean water and hot showers and mends broken bones.
While it has created corporate farms,driving out the little guy, it is also teaching us sustainable and more environmenatlly friendly farming.
it gives us electricity.
It is allowing us to have this conversation.
It gives us learning opportunities that we have never had before.
While this same technology has created nuclear bombs, it also heals people and gives them a longer and better quality of life.
It allows everyone to have the same access to the same quality of food. But it harms the environment and poisons us at the same time.

While yes, a simpler life is romantic, and will bring people back together.

WE all yearn for a simpler life. I would love to live in a cabin.

On the other hand, that also means not having a defense to diseases, not even having access to Tylenol when you get a headache. It means that people will die at 30 from mild diseases. It means a high infant mortality rate. It means a lot more women dieing in childbirth.I want a simpler life, but when I have childbirth, I want drugs!!!! It means having a much harder time preserving the food we would grow, with a much higher perishable rate.

It means discovering solar power instead of coal.

At least we would still have coffee.

It is not that technology is bad. It just needs to stop being abused.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chonx

1. Do you believe that a major change is imminent?

Absolutely.

2. (a) If so, what will the nature of the change be?

The returning of the Lord Jesus Christ after the one world government and one world religion have been established. The destruction of this world and the final judgement etc. Basically biblical end time prophecies are fulfilling before our eyes.

3. How have you formed this viewpoint? inexplicable feeling, exposure to information pertaining to a senario, current events, personal experience etc...

Extensive research for over 4 years, and the series 'total onslaught' by walter veith got me over the line.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Long time reader, first time poster.

I agree with Nixie_Nox. Preparation goes a long way. There is a vast difference between preparation and survival. Survival feels scary and separate. Preparation feels ready and cooperative.

Someone said something about population decimation, someone else said something about being able to produce your own food. I agree with both although I don't know why.

I feel that whatever is pending will be best served by us being in unison, relaxed, yet ready. If we all get ourselves set up to fight we will be in a world of hurt. That separates us and pits us against each other, oh wait, that is how people already act... "my religion is better than your religion or lack thereof and vice versa".

It is all about unity and finding a common ground. We are one and will be best served by forming stronger bonds with one another, not fighting one another.

Why do I feel this way? I don't know. I just do. Things began to line up for me several years ago and just keep lining up. I am not afraid. I do not stand in fear. I stand for love of individual and collective.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join