It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coming Change?????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
How many of you can honestly say you know how to can food, or start a fire with nothing but sticks? How many? I will tell you this, down the road, it may be 20-30 years, but it's coming, there will come a time when you will have to know how to do those things, or you won't make it.

I don't think your giving people enough credit. It's amazing what people can learn in a short time if they are under duress.

There are always down times and people have always survived them because they are adaptable, but if the big one comes for all of us then it really doesn't matter then anyhow does it.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
RealTruth, I really don't see an event that just wipes out everyone. I think that is sort of fanciful thinking. However,I do see some pretty rough times coming that not everyone is going to survive.

Do I think things will get better? Sure, but they are going to get much,much worse before they get better. To get to heaven, you have to go through hell.

A lot of people have concocted this imagery in there mind of an event that just annihilates the entire world.. I personally don't think that is the way it will go down. However, I do believe that there will be things that happen that wipe out wide segments of the population.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Do I think things will get better? Sure, but they are going to get much,much worse before they get better. To get to heaven, you have to go through hell.

lol!

I would have to agree with your statement. The foundation that everything is built upon right now in our capitalistic world is just a bit flawed. What I do see is people need to start empowering themselves a bit more and stop giving it to other so easily and willingly without question.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
1. (The Times... they are a changin')
Yep, I myself feel that drastic upheaval is imminent, and I have always thought that in my lifetime I would witness "something" that would alter everything we have come to believe, something so large in scale that the majority of the human race will be displaced in various forms. Not just a displacement from (our) immediate locations, (a la- mass exodus) but moved physically, mentally, culturally and economically speaking.
All of these pieces are in a give and take relationship with eachother, and with cause you will have an effect on many subsequent levels of the human heirarchy. I'm not trying to make this more philosophical, just consider the facts.

Yes, change is going to happen... cause=effect/action=reaction. That is history, and if we weren't so deaf to her, she wouldn't need to repeat herself.

2. (a) (The nature of change)
I'm not sure how it will end, and in all honesty I feel we have been living in the beginning for quite some time now. We very well could be in the slow process of decay, and some might not even realize it when it happens.. in essence a bunch of small events go unnoticed, eventually leading to a much larger collapse. It's my assumption that this change won't happen overnight, at least to me.. and for some, it could be a direct "slap in the face" event like a bomb landing in their yard before they realize it. To sum it up, if we are the ones that are initiating this change it will be progressive, it would be more like a downward spiral into it.
On the other hand, there is a possibility that something larger could occur, intantaneusly. Polar shifts, meteor impact, crossing the galactic plane or EBE's making their presence known to the public. It is possible, and even the best of us will be caught off guard. If I had my choice, I would rather have it instantly... the waiting sucks.

section 2.b to come....

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yes, there is something going to happen and it is imminent.

I am part of a board of a charitable trust company and we are so concerned that we have elected to back (with dollars) several individuals who have come together to construct working groups to provide positive responses to the multiplicity of events anticipated.

Homeland Security has a marvelous planning and contingency operation so we are not going to duplicate those means for sustainability and survivability. Rather, we will seek what Homeland Security calls advisability through communication with a far wider range of on-the-spot knowledge/observation of conditions than we think our government can or could supply. Working Groups will be trained in the procedures in addition to what we believe is the scope of the problem. It will be open to public subscription but restricted in size

While still in the planning phase, the first seminars will be presented this fall sometime in Colorado. Details have not been firmed up yet (the contract has just been signed), but the important point to make is that we need more of this kind of planning, perhaps 100 times what we can do to begin with.

We are not guessing about these events for we are sure they are going to occur thanks to years of study and contacts with highly skilled individuals. The Working Groups are to be formed by volunteers who recognize that without pulling together and providing some leadership, our culture (east and west) could lose centuries of learning and will not be passed on. We (meaning the charitable trust in concert with the talented individuals who will conduct the training sessions) will do the education to the limit of our capacity to do so. Our mission is to make a difference regardless of how small it is in the face of overwhelming change.

This is one way to go about doing something about these feelings that are almost universal.

Thank you.

Ron

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by telemetry

If I had my choice, I would rather have it instantly... the waiting sucks.

People need to do the best they can right now and if something huge actually does happen then so be it, but just waiting for something universally shaking to happen isn't a good idea.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by telemetry

If I had my choice, I would rather have it instantly... the waiting sucks.

People need to do the best they can right now and if something huge actually does happen then so be it, but just waiting for something universally shaking to happen isn't a good idea.

that might have came off as misconstrued, I wouldn't wish such a demise on this whole planet, I was just thinking more for myself on that one. Right,
it's not a good idea at all, and I don't waste my time dreaming of said doomsday... I spend most of it learning new skills, and not watching the TV which we should all do once in awhile.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I don't think there's going to happen some sort of special event/change at all. I wake up in the morning and I feel nothing, the same happens looking to the stars, wondering about the future. Sounds kinda childish, but really isn't.

If there's going to be a change, my guess it's going to be a positive one. Honestly, living in a country where things happen all the time and simultaneously watch it happen all over the world makes me think this way.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I personally think that not only wil there be a great awakening, our technological society is going to go down the drain. I personally think that twenty years from now, if you don't know how to raise and gather your own food and such, you're not going to be able to make it.

I agree with you speaker.

I don't know why, but something about that is appealing to me.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think most people feel something is coming. And we are getting jumpy. Every weather event, outbreak, etc. people are ready to build shelters.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You said that truly.
People don't even realize what they have set them self up for. :shk:

They live under air-conditioning and with a pile of food garnishing their cupboards... What are they going to do when the music stops?

How many of you can honestly say you know how to can food, or start a fire with nothing but sticks? How many? I will tell you this, down the road, it may be 20-30 years, but it's coming, there will come a time when you will have to know how to do those things, or you won't make it.

Word^,But The music will never stop my friend. Even if our race becomes slaves for the so called illuminati....there will be slaves beating on some drums in time! lol. Always has been.
But I do believe this time you speak of could be approaching aswell...if people let it...
Life is crazy. I wonder if everything is just as it's seems and nothing more....all the crazy stories give all us hope that there may actually be more to life than just what we see. I hope so!

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I do believe a change will come, but I am not certain what type of change will occur. Whether there is a mass-landing, a time of spiritual growth, or a WWIII.

I think starting 2008 we will see some major changes in the world.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
On many fronts, something is going to give.

www.ahealedplanet.net...

As Bucky FUller said, we are on the brink of Utopia or Oblivion.

www.ahealedplanet.net...

I think that about sums it up.

Michael Roads also saw, from a mystical perspective, where we may end up. It is our choice - each one of us:

www.ahealedplanet.net...

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Chaos rules the universe.
Meaning nothing stays the same. Nothing.
So...of course things will "change"

You know, if you asked the same question 1000 years ago, you'd probably get the same answers. Some of the EXACT same answers. Same thing if you asked this question 1000 years from now.

1. Do you believe that a major change is imminent?
* Well, we are changing every day. So yeah change is imminent as it's happening every moment. Will there be something that drastically alters our state of being? Anything is possible. But....
Say we run out of oil. It would be an absolute mess (understatement). But we would learn to adapt and go on with our lives (though the process could take years upon years). It's what we do. It's one thing humans are good at.

2. (a) If so, what will the nature of the change be?
(b) If not, why do so many others feel it is?
I'd like to answer both.
* (a) If we were to see a big "change," it'd likely have to do with global warming. Especially since these global warming events usually lead to ice ages.
(b) It's human nature to have these feelings. Name one point in history where people didn't feel change was coming.

3. How have you formed this viewpoint?
* Meh, just common sense mostly. Knowing human beings and looking at history.....

Also, I think I mentioned this before somewhere, but I am so willing to place a monetary or any kind of bet that absolutely NOTHING happens in 2012!
Any takers?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
What I find interesting is many people and especially here are in the mind set of something bad or terrible is going to happen instead of thinking positive. The more people tend to think that something negative will happen the more likely it will. All I ever seem to read about this subject is doom and gloom. Many here accuse others of being brain washed by the government and yet they sound as if they are the ones brain washed into thinking doom and gloom.Thats all that is ever reported on the news anymore;constant negative information to keep people in fear.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Thats all that is ever reported on the news anymore;constant negative information to keep people in fear.[edit on 25-7-2007 by CaptGizmo]

thats what I have been trying to point out in earlier posts to this thread but it was ignored.

Its funny how many of these conspiracy theorists miss the obvious: Inducing fear IS the conspiracy orchestrated by the mass-media and by doing the same, the "conspiracy-theorist" is no different than the system.

Fear is the quickest path to the dark side. Fear is the quickest path to evil. Fear is the quickest path to doom. While it is ok to be aware of the problems we face today, it does not have to result in fear and become frozen...frozen in movement, frozen in thought.

Some on this thread say that optimists like me have "lost touch with reality". As mentioned earlier, I have travelled half the globe many times and saw a beautiful and thriving planet everywhere I went. I believe that people who get their information about the world from the news and internet are the ones who have lost touch with reality. Go out there and travel everywhere and you will see that its not even near as bad out there as the media and the conspiracy-theorist say it is.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Add on:

From a certain viewpoint "Homeland Security" was created out of fear, based on a conspiracy-theory of a "terrorist threat". It was created out of fear, will induce fear and attract more events to fear.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i can see how you guys get the impression that a lot of people really feel its going to be a negative event but i personally feel that this negative event will cause a new beginning.

Go over history, whenever something new and prosperous is to come about there is always a negative before hand with someone. I feel it will be our own downfall of catastrophic events which will bring the enlightenment and i hope that what i've read on our souls carrying on and starting a new life here on earth is true because i want to be a part of this positive enlightenment. My biggest fear is i wont be able to see the world in this beautiful new era which is to come.

I want to see humanity in a utopia.

Peace, love and harmony

Ohhh and for myself, the reason why i think the world is in such a bad state is because of 2 reasons, man kinds need and obsession to take and take from this planet without ever giving back and secondly because life as we know it could end in an instant with a nuclear war breaking out. To be fair and realistic, we wouldn't even need a nuclear war, a 3rd world war without the use of nuclear without be devastating enough for most of the human race.

Every corner of the earth would be at threat. Sadly

[edit on 25-7-2007 by awakeningmind]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Firstly, I'd just like to thank everyone who has taken the time to put their thoughts and feelings into words. I've greatly enjoyed reading peoples thoughts on this.

Many of my own ideas/beliefs have been reflected in some of the answers which have been given and to be honest, that was partly the reason behind this thread. Not only did I want to hear what people think might be just round the corner but I also wanted to know how closely those thoughts tied in with my own ideas:

I think the fact that so many of us seem to 'feel' that we are approaching a turning point in history is both a echo of that very reality getting nearer, and also, a symptom of the times we live in.

I feel that deep-down, everyone knows that the way human kind live, treat each-other and abuse the planet and its life at this point in time is utterly wrong.

I believe we are more than just the sum of our biological parts, and there is a part of everyone that is connected to everyone and everything else.

As, through our intellegence, we have negated the influence of evolution upon our species, we have allowed and encouraged the evolution of consciousness which has been and is taking us toward an event of some kind.

obviously, I have no idea at this point what that means but I feel to my very core that once we have discarded our obsessions with materialism, wealth and greed, we can, as a species, ascend to a utopia-like existence.

I think we are coming to the point where this change of perspective and priority is going to be fought for, and ultimately won.

some advice for those who would listen:

Be kind to the people around you even if they are not kind to you.
Value time spent with the people you love more than the things you own.
Take time to appreciate the universe we are a part of because every last little thing in it is utterly amazing and should not be taken for granted,
and maybe most importantly, understand that neither science nor religion, although useful and helpful, hold final truth nor answers as they are constructs of a lesser mind (us) struggling to come to terms with being able to question reality.

If anyone has advice, I am one who would listen.

Thanks again peeps.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

I personally think that not only wil there be a great awakening, our technological society is going to go down the drain. I personally think that twenty years from now, if you don't know how to raise and gather your own food and such, you're not going to be able to make it.

I agree with you speaker.

I don't know why, but something about that is appealing to me.

Humble, yeah. For some reason of late, I have seriously thought about trying to live the life of the Amish for awhile. The whole "roughing it" idea seems very appealing to me, as well. Maybe I am just tired of the technological society we live in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join