It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Has anybody happened to come across this show? It comes out on the History channel.

Anyways, it's basically about these two dudes who go all across Asia learning about the martial arts and their history. They also fight a guy from each martial art after every episode.

On the last episode I saw, one of the dudes sparred with a Muay Thai champion.

That Muay Thai guy was freakin' ripped! I wouldn't want to step in the ring with him.

I recommend this show to anybody who likes martial arts or anybody who like an entertaining show for that matter.

Here's the website for the show. Human Weapon

[edit on 23-7-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yes, as former martial artist I enjoy this show very much. I especially liked the one from Isreal. What a job those two guys have....

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Muay Thai is crazy. Those who practice this martial art actually use glass bottles to whack their shins to deaden the nerve endings so they don't feel pain. Hence they could really give one hell of a kick

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yeah I recorded all of them on DVR. It took me a couple episodes to warm up to the two dudes doing it, but I really dig the show now. I love how they actually try and immerse themselves in the art each time, but their American arrogance does peep through at times.

The coup de gras has to be when they basically do paper, rock, scissors with each other to see who gets to be annihilated by the master of the art they have chosen to fight.

I have to give them the utmost of credit for willingly taking such brutal beatings in most cases.

Definitely worth watching if you are at all interested by martial arts.

new topics

top topics

join