It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apartment in Space for rent $85.00 month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Is this a scam, kinda like moon land for sale, or is this for real. Sounds kinda cool. They say it will have a permanent population of 1,000 people with a capacity for 500 visitors

link

meaningful, but affordable commitment: $1,000 a year, for 25 years, which amounts to $85 a month or $2.75 a day, the equivalent of one visit to Starbucks. Now 25 years is a long stretch and you might be thinking that many things can occur in 25 years, after all, it is possible that terrorists using nanotechnology may not let us live that long. The possibility exists that there will be some of The Five Hundred who will be unable to see through their commitment for any variety of reasons. For these few we simply accept the benefit of their contributions. Arrangements could be made that their commitment could continue should they so wish it, even if they themselves, a fallen comrade in arms, were unable.

Ark I will be initially placed in orbit around the Earth at a height of 400 kilometers (248 miles) to make it easier to engage in trade and tourists from Earth. Both it and the other Arks will be moved further away from the Earth as the project progresses.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by earth2]

[edit on 23-7-2007 by earth2]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
They are calling that thing an Ark? That's kind of creepy considering some of the other things going on like this...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
250 miles into space and i bet (with rent that low) it would be infested with cockroaches lmao.

This would be great for all those people that think NASA captures UFOs on video all the time but dont show us.

It would suck if you had bad neighbors.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Please send your money now and then when its all built you are welcomed aboard.

Think I will stick with my oceanfront property in Arizona thank you very much

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Personally I don't think it's a scam, however I do think it's not one of those things that
they send to everyone, rather the people who actively believe in the cause.

Personally, if I had the money, I'd do it, but I don't sop I have to support things like this
in other ways, namely ones that don't require more than a small amount of money.

As for any ominous signs, I would'nt worry to much about it, people have realized for
quite awhile that we need to have viable populations off the Earth simply because of the
obscene risks of keeping all ones egg in the same basket.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a rent for this space station? .. well probably aimed for scentist or highly intelligent technicians.. with that rent .. so low as it seems.. i bet travel ticket to that station probably more expensive .. such as 15 k dollar

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'd do it. Living in space would be amazing, and the views I think would be awesome. I would definitely do it. And with that kinda technology available, im sure each and every room would be sound proof, so I can play drums and guitar however long I want.

I'm sure it wouldn't actually be as exciting as I want it to be, but I'd still do it.

new topics

top topics

join