It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being prosecuted for talking about top secret Alien/UFO information?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I had my friend watch most of the disclosure project with me the other day. His conclusion was that they all must be lying because in the real world the government would prosecute anyone who divulged top-secret information to the public. I wasn't sure what to say about this because I am not a lawyer or anything. What does everyone think about this? How can all the people in the disclosure project get away with leaking out the government's supposed top-secrets?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think the best thing the goverments can do when info comes out like this is do what they do all the time-and deny!

If they took every one to court who let slip a few secrets then the media would have a field day knowing that the informants were realy spilling the beans on this subject!

Best thing they can do is deny and then ignore and let the subject matter gather dust and be dropped by local media

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think the only way you can be prosecuted, is if you had the need to know of that certain intelligence, and released top secret documents to the public. That would be considered a domestic form of espionage. But, the video you are talking about, I have seen. I don't think by just saying you have seen certain things and activities necessarily count. Unless you directly cause an effect that completely undermines the government. As in troop locations, etc.

Besides, what these high class, intelligent people are disclosing doesn't really "exist" in our government, so they are most likely to be considered crazy.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
So it is true then that the government could prosecute for leaking sensitive material if they wanted to?

My friend backed up his argument by saying that when George Tenet wrote his book the CIA carefully screened the material to make sure nothing secret was included, and that if he did divulge secret information that he would have gotten in big trouble.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
So it is true then that the government could prosecute for leaking sensitive material if they wanted to?

My friend backed up his argument by saying that when George Tenet wrote his book the CIA carefully screened the material to make sure nothing secret was included, and that if he did divulge secret information that he would have gotten in big trouble.

I dont think someone can be prosecuted for publishing or divulging secrets, its the person who gave him that information or who broke the secrets act thats in trouble

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Actually this is one area where I think Greer did a good job. A National Press Club with a couple dozen witnesses. Not all of them were under security oaths, but certainly many were. So ask what would happen if these guys were rounded up and thrown in prison. If that were to happen, that would tend to promote, if not prove, the issue. As long as the spotlight is on them, the government's smartest move is to leave them alone. And look at what's happened. The Disclosure Project is all but dead, replaced by Mothra. NWO Mission accomplished.

Perhaps we should re-visit the speakers and make sure they are still 'available.' Anyone seen them lately?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I can imagine the headlines:

Former Military Employees Prosecuted For Talking About Things That Don't Exist!

Area 51-- Military witnesses who testified at the Disclosure Project Event at the Nat'l Press Club have been arriaigned on charges stemming from breaking their security oaths and disclosing information about life from other planets.

"Even though ETs don't exist and these military witnesses are lying and didn't see anything, what's at issue is that they broke their security oaths, and that's what we intend to prosecute," said President GW Bush.

new topics

top topics

join