It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk ... they just get run over and dragged to their death.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Man, I am a full fledged boozer but I listen when it reaches that level. Manslaughter at the very least. Horrible story.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
In all likelihood the boyfriend was not sober himself. That certainly does not excuse what the woman did by any means, but it does make the incident a little more understandable to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Yes, there are aggravating circumstances such as being drunk and her boyfriend trying to stop her, but in the end, I really don't believe there was true evil in her heart at that moment...

Not at all dj ... but when /where does accountability come into play? ... any and or all intent aside ... ?

The incident is As stated, the Response to such is what concerns me. (?)

... or, perhaps, the lack thereof.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
It's not hard to do. Designated driver. Cabs. Sleep over. Hell, I bet if you called the cops and told them you didn't have a way home, if they weren't busy, they'd drive you themselves.

Why not use the busses that we've been dragging the kids to the wrong schools with (due to "affirmative action" laws) & drive the drunks home?

Originally posted by intrepid
As far as necessary. The term "adequate force" comes to mind. That fails, call the cops. The life you save may be the one you love.

I don't think calling the cops would've done much good...She could very easily drive off while he's on the phone to call them. By the time the cops track her down to stop her, it's usually too late.
In this particular case, I think the man would have been justified to use the "8-10-12 Attitude Adjustment Method."
Definition? "It'll take 8 medics 10 hours to remove my size 12 shoe from your @$$."

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Sure, she was drunk, but did this guy think that he could slow down a car by holding on to the door and dragging his feet?

Evidently, it would probably take a blood test (pass out the blotters) to determine if he was already drunk enough to have "impaired judgement," but I think it's a reasonable explanation why he did that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join