It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Landing Conspiracy, will the LRO Accomplish anything?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have my own "closure" - I know that no humans ever went to the Moon. If this will become a public truth depends on only one thing - who is in power. Politics. That is beyond my influence. Everything else is just a bad joke.

NASA too.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer
I have my own "closure" - I know that no humans ever went to the Moon. If this will become a public truth depends on only one thing - who is in power. Politics. That is beyond my influence. Everything else is just a bad joke.

NASA too.

The sole problem there, is.... you dont 'know', you think, you assume but you dont know.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

NASA too.

Wow thats a powerful statement.
You KNOW it's true.
I'm a very open minded person and if you can present me with evidence disproving the moonlanding, I will believe you. I'm serious !

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I was doing a little research on Mark Robinson the "imaging guy" for LRO over at ASU and they've got a good start... but that's not the "big" news.

The "big" news for me is, well, I was unaware that most every Apollo hi-res image taken I have ever seen was a "second".

The original stills and footage? Deep cold storage at Johnson Space Center apparently. Well Robinson at ASU is converting the original Apollo era stuff '68 - '72 to online digital hi-res and the very first five slides have just hit the webpage today. Enjoy!

The ASU site here.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Originally posted by jfj123
I don't think any amount of proof will dissuade certain people from believing that the moon landing was faked.

This may be true of a few people on this board, but not true of all who are investigating or pondering some puzzling aspects of the missions.

Bring forth the new "puzzling aspects!"
(crickets chirping)

Look, the argument from incredulity is a common logical fallacy. I find biochemistry puzzling. That doesn't mean it's all bunk - it's just so complex that it's hard to get your mental arms around it, even if you have training in the field.

The common element I find in all the Apollo Hoax Believers is that they don't understand what they are talking about. Basic logic, astronomy, physics and engineering completely eludes them. To correct this, you have to educate people who refuse to be educated. This is a recipe for unrelenting frustration.

For that reason, I am leaving this topic behind forever, and will learn to forego the sick pleasure of watching people make fools of themselves on the internet.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
disownedsky,

Very well put. I agree. It's a shame some people (JUST SOME PEOPLE, NOT ALL PEOPLE) just refuse to learn about facts.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The day after the new pics come out, you can be certain that some one will call them fake. Even now, somebody is toiling away in their basement creating a model of the site to photograph in such a manner as to show you how NASA faked the new pics. True conspiracy beleivers are like true debunkers. They can replicate almost anything in the name of the cause. Remember that the Flat Earth Society does exist.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The theorists will continue their theorising no matter what evidence is brought to light, after all, if the government and NASA could plant evidence to cause us to believe there was a moon landing, they can fake almost any other kind of evidence to support it.
The following is humor and should be taken lightly.
As for me, I believe that we did in fact put men on the moon, but that the govt. doctored the photos to hide something. One of my contacts in the NSA managed to piece together what they covered up.

Think about it, 2001: A Space Odyssey was released a full year before the moon landing. Kubrik knew the truth...

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Well I guess we have wrapped up this thread.

Moonlanding REAL
Disbelievers FAKE

Ahhh the irony

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It's great to see so many posts about the LRO. I've been waiting anxiously for images of the 6 lm base units and what about the rover and our flag? If the LRO has the resolution that I would think it should, then maybe even some footprints. I've always had questions about how we pulled off such an amazing mission (or missions) with the technology we had back in the 60's. Once I see the photos, I am going to stand in shock and awe of the accomplishments that the USA achieved back then. Until then I'm going to stick with the IQ that God blessed me with and say that the entire mission was staged in order to show our superiority to the world. I do have an open mind and if photos are provided I truly will be amazed. 38 years is a long time to wait for a photo if you ask me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join