It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to stay out of government databases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

As you are probably aware, the greatest threat to your privacy and well-being stems from the government, whether directly or indirectly. Even the “freest” or “most democratic” governments have committed their share of atrocities, and even if you think you’re safe today, if the political winds blow in a different direction tomorrow, you could be the next victim.
Unlike businesses, which use databases to reduce the costs of the products and services they provide on a voluntary basis, governments of all stripes use databases of people in order to track, monitor, forcibly control and even kill them more efficiently. Indeed, for a government, this is the only purpose for a database of people.

The most important thing to remember is that being innocent will not protect you. It didn’t protect Japanese-Americans in the 1940s, it didn’t protect people falsely accused of being Communists in the 1950s, and it doesn’t protect innocent people who have had their property wrongly seized or been killed in botched drug raids today.

src: inteldaily.com...

Some of the expectations here are difficult but no one said this would be easy. Not having a drivers license for example is just not an option for many. Some also endorse what might be considered illegal acts (ie. fake-id). Also I believe that by law, in some countries, you must participate in census date collection. Whenever I get these I just spill honey over them so that they "mistakingly" get stuck. Of course you can't make out my handwriting to boot so they don't get much constructive or should I say intrusive feedback anyways.

brill

join