It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. offers F-35 fighters To India! To Get Billions For More Goodies!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

In a major move, the United States has sent feelers that it is now ready for transfer of hi-technology weaponry to India, including its 5th generation Joint Strike Fighter F-35.
www.hindu.com...

Unmatched in stealth and super cruise, the Indian Air Force got a glimpse of the future of air combat in an American presentation on its next-generation fighter, the F-35, recently.

There were indications that the US is willing to share this new weapon with India, but it's clearly a carrot for giving the older F-16 a leg up in the Indian tender for 126 fighter aircraft.
www.ibnlive.com...

And the icing on the cake is that India is being told that it can have the new generation stealth fighter for the price of an F-16! Now is that going to be a good bargain? A quid pro quo that seems to be a raw deal. You’ll-get-these-high-tech-boy’s-toys-if-you-take-our-F-16s! After all wouldn’t India be investing over $12 billion in these fighters which will be rendered obsolete by a similarly-priced aircraft, the F-35? Does this make sense?

And there’s more. Billions of dollars worth of restricted high tech military equipment which America is willing to sell. Adding to all this, Air India rewrote history by ordering the largest number of aircraft ever for Boeing — 68 new planes at an estimated cost of $11.6 billion.

Wow! Billions and more billions of dollars worth of stuff from the US of A. That’s some amazing chemistry building up between them, what?

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
We like the Indians. They are a good ally...if they want the stuff, sell it to them! Plus they (along with Japan and South Korea) will help us with our balance against China in the Asian theater.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with selling F-35's to India.

F-35's are'nt really super secret or anything, and they have been researched
and developed by more than just America.

India is an ally and the largest liberal democracy in the world, so I don't have a problem
supporting them, especially since they are a future superpower.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hmm. The US used to supply Pakistan with its aircraft like the f-16 - not India. With the recent iffiness between Pakistan and the US since Al Qaeda is now regrouping on its western border, is it possible that the US, in the long run, is hoping that a technologically advanced India could be an ally in the event any altercation were to occur between the US and Pakistan? Though Pakistan is supposedly our "ally". Who knows. I can imagine the anger from Pakistan when we start bombing their western frontier and start killing their soldiers accidentally.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Pakistan is ONLY our ally because we need them for the WOT. If you go back and google what happened after 9/11 we basically told Pakistan to get on board or we would nuke them. Yes nuke them.

India is a true ally, Pakistan and ally because of the WOT. India recognizes the situation we are in and hasnt given the US too much flack over it.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
And oh yes! I've forgotten to add that one about the impending nuclear deal between India and America. Dozens of private and government officials from the US of A have been walking the corridors of power in India for a share of the nuclear pie! More billions of dollars in contracts are in the pipeline.

But can anyone venture a guess where India would stand in the 'New World Order'??
What is the geo-strategic significance? Or is all this nothing but commercial interests of America at play? It's a good feeling so long as the billions keep rolling in, what?

Cheers!
=

[edit on 24-7-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Pakistan is ONLY our ally because we need them for the WOT. If you go back and google what happened after 9/11 we basically told Pakistan to get on board or we would nuke them. Yes nuke them.

I wasn't able to find anything on Google about America nuking Pakistan. Have any links?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
How about this from CBS? They are an "ally" alright...they are an ally by gunpoint and they better start doing more or it will be on.

www.cbsnews.com...

"The Director of Intelligence told me that he said, 'Be prepared to be bombed.' Be prepared to go back to the Stone Age," Musharraf remembers.

"It was a threat, certainly," Musharraf says. "I took it that the United States, after having whatever happened to the World Trade Center, would be a wounded country – a wounded sole superpower and they are going to do anything to counter and to punish the perpetrators. Now, if we stand in the way of that, we are going to suffer."

new topics

top topics

join