It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1,000,000 People Sign Petition to Impeach Bush!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
Hmmm...Looking for petitions? How about writing petitions?

Over at Petitions Online, you can read existing petitions or even write your own & post it there.

Thanks for the info. I did a search on impeaching Bush and there were several.

I am curious if this 1 mill signature petition they speak of was an online petition or if they went around asking for people to sign it.

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
Actually, even if time runs out & the end of their term hits before Impeachment, they can still be held legally accountable in court. Impeachment means that Congress holds a trial, with the backing of the Judicial Branch...But Congress can only punish by removal from Office! Yet, Constitution writ can still hold them legally accountable in court for those crimes that got them Impeached.

That is interesting but something tells me if it is not done before he leaves office, people will loose interest and he will not be held accountable.

Just another thought, I wonder if any president or other official has ever been tried in court after leaving office previously in our history? I can't think of anything.

Again thanks for the info.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Just another thought, I wonder if any president or other official has ever been tried in court after leaving office previously in our history? I can't think of anything.

I've looked into the matter before and no, no President has ever been tried after Impeachment. Nixon stepped down before they could finish his removal from Office; Clinton went through the trial proceedings by Congress but they never actually removed him from Office. In the case of Bush/Cheney, I'd recommend "Suspension of Authority" pending investigation & Impeachment proceedings...And let the Speaker of the House know in a very clear manner that he'll be closely watched while he finishes out the term.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

<< 1   >>

join