It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Symbols Found In NYC Warehouse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here's a great article about the symbols at 211 Pearl Street. It's a long article, but very informative!

Link to article

Also surviving the demolition was a mysterious geometric brickwork design (Fig. 3) installed on the south party wall at the storefront level. This paper explores the symbol's potential meaning, outlines its geometry and proposes a creator behind the work. Without documentary proof, the proposed thesis cannot reveal the whole or final truth behind the installation , but it hopes to raise awareness of the issue and stimulates further research.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
THELIBRA : you wrote ,

The mortar used in the pattern dates to 1950, though the bricks themselves may be older.

the first thing i think of is repointing work - which would give a later date for the motar

any idea , or can you inquire how deep they drilled to get motar samples ?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

This probably means nothing but;

If you were to slide the top gliph down, and the bottom one up, they would both fit neatly inside the triangle.

2PacSade-

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You really should take some time to read the article I posted and then make some informed decisions. We could speculate until the cows come home, but that article really had a lot of information from a lot of different sources.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It could mean everything, or it could mean nothing. Without questioning the person that did it everything we do here is merely conjecture.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think the stars are unusual considering the context.

211 Pearl Street was torn down a couple of years ago. It just appears to be there. Cleverly, builders retained the facade, complete with star-shaped end caps of the old iron tie rods, after tearing down the rest of the building to replace it with a parking garage.

www.forgotten-ny.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2PacSade
If you were to slide the top gliph down, and the bottom one up, they would both fit neatly inside the triangle.

Hmmm... you mean like this?

Originally posted by closettrekkie
You really should take some time to read the article I posted and then make some informed decisions. We could speculate until the cows come home, but that article really had a lot of information from a lot of different sources.

I fully intend to as soon as I get back. From the summary, it looked very interesting. I'll check it out in a bit.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel
You know, it really would help esoteric symbolism if they would stop using letters and basic geometry and instead developed unique symbols.

Where exactly do you think your 'letters and basic geometry' came from voxel?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

Hmmm... you mean like this?

Yes-

Exactly like that.

Could be crab people you know. . . They want your chicken!

2PacSade-

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Are the stones colored? ( Can't tell from pic )

If they are then a " cross " would be produced with the right color scheme on the bricks.

2PacSade-

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Could be crab people you know. . . They want your chicken!

Damn the crustacean beasties! Always stealin' me chickens!

Are the stones colored? ( Can't tell from pic )

If they are then a " cross " would be produced with the right color scheme on the bricks.

As far as I Can tell they're all the same "color scheme" of brick. A lot of Atlantic bricks are differing shades of calico. In any event, no the different colors were just to show each seperate shape and their relative size to each other. It was just an estimate though, to get the idea.

Because coloration cannot be assumed for any stone on a long enough time scale, I'd think a mason would pay more attention to the "texture" or the specific reason for the lay of the stones, for instance, the pyramid usese a typical brick grid, but is cut at angles to the other bricks, whereas the other two smaller triangles use perpendicular bricks instead.

But since ohcraplightninggottalog!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Agree with positive & negative texture Libra- Tricks of the trade yes.

Could the bricks haven been originally coated with color, or coated with something naked to the human spectrum of light? Just a thought.

2PacSade-

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Could the upright bricks have filled in holes in the wall. ( Block & tackle lifts , etc.? )

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If thebuilding was erected in 1832, I think it was a sign of the secret order of stonemasons or might even have been used as a lodge in days gone buy.

Architects were Freemasons, and these symbols were deliberately put their, when the bricks were first laid, as they are vertical, not horizontal like the rest of the bricks.

Probably no more than a masonic signature IMHO of a particular architect or style

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I once saw a little article about a dutch house which had (''written'' with bricks) either # (Censored, though I think you get the idea
) or LOL on the side.

Maybe that held some special significance as well?

``````````````````````
replaced vulgarity with #

[edit on 24/7/07 by masqua]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join