It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AT&T and the NSA, could they be anymore arrogant?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
www.att.com...

This is currently on the AT&T website. I cannot believe how arrogant this is, on both the part of AT&T and the NSA / US government. To me, this is a giant middle finger not only to the people of the united states, but to the constitution, the founding fathers, and everything this nation was supposed to stand for.

AT&T Statement on NSA Issue

San Antonio, Texas, June 27, 2006

At AT&T, we vigorously protect our customers' privacy and only share information as specifically authorized by the law.

The news media have carried reports alleging that AT&T is participating in an unlawful NSA terrorist surveillance program. Unfortunately, the law does not permit AT&T to respond to those allegations.

The U.S. Department of Justice has stated that AT&T may neither confirm nor deny AT&T's participation in the alleged NSA program because doing so would cause "exceptionally grave harm to national security" and would violate both civil and criminal statutes. Under these circumstances, AT&T is not able to respond to such allegations.

What we can say is AT&T is fully committed to protecting our customers' privacy and would not provide customer information to any government agency except as specifically authorized under the law.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
In California, the law (Public Utilities Commission regulations, Section #2891) requires that telecom customers, such as those "serviced" by AT&T, be notified In Writting before their records can be released to ANY third party; including government agencies , such as the NSA.

UNLESS SUCH AGENCY PROVIDES A COURT ORDERED WARRANT.

As a California resident and AT&T "customer", I have filed a complaint against AT&T with the Californioa Public Utilities Commission charging AT&T with the violation of my right to privacy as outlined in PUC regulatiuon section #2891 to the effect that, by allowing the NSA to use its equipment to conduct Unwarranted interception of telephone and internet communications, without informing me of such activity in writting, as required by law, AT&T, and others, have violated said regulation.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Good for you, the nation needs more standup citizens like yourself.

join