It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija Board Special On c2coast on wed 25th july 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Is anyone going to listen into this show on the Ouija Board Special night. For me its a no no(Ouija means yes yes lol)

Is the Ouija board dangerous?
Most paranormal researchers advise against the casual use of the Ouija board, suggesting that it can be a doorway to unknown dimensions. “The board itself is not dangerous, but the form of communication that you are attempting often is," says Ghost researcher Dale Kaczmarek of the Ghost Research Society. "Most often the spirits whom are contacted through the Ouija are those whom reside on 'the lower astral plane.' These spirits are often very confused and may have died a violent or sudden death; murder, suicide, etc. Therefore, many violent, negative and potentially dangerous conditions are present to those using the board. Often times several spirits will attempt to come through at the same time but the real danger lies when you ask for physical proof of their existence! You might say, 'Well, if you're really a spirit, then put out this light or move that object!' What you have just done is simple, you have 'opened a doorway' and allowed them to enter into the physical world and future problems can and often do arise."

If they really are going to do a ouija board experiment on show, you never know who will be affected in the mass audience, even if its just one, i would advise them not to do it. Probably there are many negative forces working in todays world, maybe george noorey thinks it really does not matter if he brings more into our reality.

What do you guys think?

[edit on 7/23/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The risks seem to infinitely outweight the rewards...especially since I cannot figure out what the rewards would be for this course of action.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Borys
The risks seem to infinitely outweight the rewards...especially since I cannot figure out what the rewards would be for this course of action.

George should speak to the experts, people that work in the institutions that house people affected by such things, when these things go bad. How would anyone know who a show would affect, when theres millions listening, and plenty of c2c are very open, seeing what the show is about.

I am glad you see that it may be dangerous. I wonder what the objective is of george noorey is. He says he wants to prove that it is the human and not the board who opens upto the entity or entities.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There is no danger at all, the people on the board are merely pushing the glass non-consciously. I find it strange people can say you are risking life and death using a board without actually trying it themselves.

Derren Brown conducted an experiment live on television. An article from channel 4 television given HERE gives an account of the background of the experiment.

The scene is also set by using an empty building and darkened rooms. I tell the story of a 1974 suicide pact between 12 students, gradually revealing more, including film footage, of Jane, one the deceased characters. I arrange the pictures to manipulate the participants into focusing on Jane.

The tools – the ouija board, pen, blank paper, glass, letters of the alphabet and flat surface as well as the spirit cabinet – match their expectations of the kind of environment associated with the paranormal, and encourage them to believe in the trick.

The ouija board is one of most interesting. We've all heard stories of things flying off walls and people being menaced by spirits, but if you start asking around, a lot of people will say: 'We did it and nothing happened.'

When the glass moves on the ouija board to spell words and the person in the spirit cabinet throws the tambourine thinking they are possessed by spirits, it is actually my suggestions that have encouraged them into involuntary behaviour. This is common to a lot of mediums who genuinely think they are communing with the dead – I suppose this could be called unconscious fraud.

In fact, the whole event is a set up to show how people can be manipulated. There was no suicide pact in 1974 and Jane is an actress who is very much alive!

Even though it has proven to be false- many will still tell others that it is wrong and they will go insane quite happily. Hopefully the experiment will reveal its fakery and eventually stop the hysteria around a piece of paper and a glass.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The Ouija is like any other divinatory system. The board is a neutral item with no special properties whatsoever. Everything that occurs, opening gates en talking to ghosts, is done by the individual(s). The same effect can be reached just as easily by using other techniques which are seen as "safe". The Ouija is just as safe as everything else in the world. People only get hurt when they know #-all about what they're doing.

top topics

join