It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A receipe for Disaster- Emerging Superpowers - China and India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
India and China are like two giants on the rising and if the present rate of growth continues - the time is not far ahead where we will see an emergence of these two great countries as Superpowers. Both of them have extremely strong economies with phenomenal growth rates and have become direct competitors for the available resources and opportunities. Both the countries have seen a surge of foreign direct investments to the tune of billions of dollars and have emerged from manufacturing to pharmacheutical to IT. You name it and they have it. Refer the link below:

www.economist.com...

India and China have had a peaceful past of coexistence and support. They have had their own share of conflicts,for example,the border dispute of 1962.Nevertheless,they continue to forge ahead together.

Both the countries have nuclear capabilities and there is always a possibility of the wrongful use. For ex.,after the 1962 war there were incidents of chinese support to Pakistan in developing nuclear capabilities. A tug of war is not utterly deniable given the present circumstances. US,UK and france have openly supported India in its nuclear conquests and China has it's own set of allies. India and China have still not reached a consensus on their border disputes and it continues even to this day.

India - War with China

China India Border

China Warns India

Should a scuffle break out between these two giants - we will have a real possibility of all out nuclear war. I have just penned my immediate thoughts on the topics. Please feel free to express yours.

AryanWatch

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Below is an excerpt from :
www.globalsecurity.org...

India considers recurring Sino-Indian border clashes a potential threat to its security. Since the war, each side continued to improve its military and logistics capabilities in the disputed regions. China has continued its occupation of the Aksai Chin area, through which it built a strategic highway linking Xizang and Xinjiang autonomous regions. China had a vital military interest in maintaining control over this region, whereas India's primary interest lay in Arunachal Pradesh, its state in the northeast bordering Xizang Autonomous Region.

This clearly explains and fuels the reason to worry. There was another recent news article which claimed that India was warned by China against utilizing the natural resources in its north eastern provinces. I forgot the source but will search in the archives and post it here. I think it's an eminent threat.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
indeed, immediate thoughts.... immediate thought by pessimistic doom thinkers...

i fully understand that these countries far far away have exotic cultures, but maybe people should start to really learn the cultures before jumping to conclusions of competition or disasters....

maybe undeveloped countries can develop rapidly peacefully? maybe undeveloped countries can develop and be beneficial for the world? maybe undeveloped countries just want to raise the living standard of the overly poor population?

you know, i'm so grateful that I do know some open-minded optimistic people in these parts of the world, otherwise i might really start to think that countries like USA or UK etc only consist of doom thinkers or warmongers...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
IchNIsan ur a dumbass.
You cant just pencil someone in like that based on one of their presentations. It's a valid story so stop trying to pull it down and come up with some constructive input

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Aside from that. Globalization has rocketed out of controll in the last few years. China is considered the world super power rite now. The media will tell you otherwise but in respect to business, resource management and projected growth it's ahead of the states. www.globalsecurity.org is a great site.

India and China have always had little scuffles but the war we need to worry about is India and Pakistan. They how do you say... HATE eachother.

I think India and China emerging as super powers will indead have a catastrophic affect as all of a sudden instead of 1 bully stealing candy from the store we now have 3. The candy is running out and when it does I wonder if a fight will break out for the last few bars of chocolate??

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ka0s69

India and China have always had little scuffles but the war we need to worry about is India and Pakistan. They how do you say... HATE eachother.

Actually that's rubbish. Have you ever seen the closing/opening of the borders ceremony?

In fact, India is probably the most multi-cultural land mass on the planet, with Iranians mingling with Israeli's, mingling with Europeans and South Americans and Australians and Asians etc etc etc...

Indians are not hate filled people.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Indians are not hate filled people

I will have to agree to that. Inspite of all the difference India has with it's neighbours,it is the only country in the world which has a history of not attacking any other country for atleast 10,000 Years. Nuclear capability is not achieved in a jiffy. I think India's Think Tank is fully aware of the importance of Power for peace. You can afford to be non-voilent only if you are powerful otherwise you would be branded a coward. So,it has all that it takes to be superpower. you should consider it's image in the IT space as an example and then put across your argument.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There is a thread about the new F-35 fighter that we are about to sell Indai along with a slew of F-16's. Looks like we may using them as a balance against China. China has been a stronger ally to Pakistan and India doesnt like it.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Do you not think it more likely that China's rise to superpower status will lead to the demise of communism there?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
No, I do not believe that their status will be the demise of communism. It is only because of communism that excelled China to their superpower status. The communist rule of China allows the people to have a dream and to work it out the way they want to.

Take for instance, I watched a video one time that compared the making of a small business in China, India, and USA.

In India, one might have to wait for years to get your approval for your shop or business. This happens because the Indian government debates whether your shop will be a good thing or not. Right now, there are probabally somewhere around a hundred people waiting outside the door to this government building for buliding approval. And the same goes for inventions, and patents. They can take a very long time.

In the USA, this process takes a few weeks. Not too bad.

But in China, the process to make a small business takes less time than to fill out your paperwork. Once you have your paperwork filled out, a person checks it, and puts a stamp on it. There you go, your own business in less than a minute.

The reason why China can do that is because once the Communist machine is turned on, it treats everybody and everything the same, and fairly. They don't have free social security, or many other rules for the country to keep you safer, or with money in your pocket, this just means that you actually have to work to make your life better, not sit around all day long, smoking weed, and getting social security money becuase of your weed addiction.

Communism would not go away in China if it killed them.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Do you not think it more likely that China's rise to superpower status will lead to the demise of communism there?

Astronomer - I have to agree to TF's views on this. And even if Communism was to be rooted out of China,I really doubt,if it will have any impact on it's stand towards India. I think it's an uneasy truce that prevails between the two countries. Both respect the potential of each other and want to co-operate. It's only a matter of who offends the other first.

It will be good if anyone of us can dig out their Military Capabilities facts from some sources. I'am trying to do that on the Internet. Probably FBI homepage will have some information. I'am just guessing

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I have found the Sanitised version of the US Top Secret Document. I'am posting the link for all of us to understand the underlying conflict which I prefer to call the dormant volcano. Check out for yourself:

Sino China Border Dispute

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
maybe undeveloped countries can develop rapidly peacefully? maybe undeveloped countries can develop and be beneficial for the world? maybe undeveloped countries just want to raise the living standard of the overly poor population?

First, Those countries arent under developed, they're over exploited. India had an industrial textile base that exported to great britian, more than it imported. Untill the british rolled in with gun boats and troops and de-industrialized the textile centers of Daka and Madress.

Second, your general point of wanting to raise living standards is pretty acurate.

Third, I dont think AW was meaning his post to sound like a doomsday warning.

I have to completely disagree with TF and AW on the issue of communism and China. Capitalism won over Communism (mainly because of brutality) and the signs are showing, the shift from public sector economics to private capital investment started years ago. As China emerges as a "World Leader" I have no doubt their political paradigm will shift fully from one to the other, as expansionism and militarism create new economic empires (opps, "investment opportunities") for the motherland.

China as a world super power is a scary thought for the Western world, mainly because those of us living well enough not to starve will be put closer to the grindstone, and those of us that have already fallen through the cracks will suffer a level of economic disparaty never imagined in the West.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Third, I dont think AW was meaning his post to sound like a doomsday warning.

InSpiteOf - Well said,I really didn't mean to sound like a doomsday warning. I just wanted to bring to light the fact that here we have a situation were there are two potential superpowers with border disputes which is making the situation volatile,to say the least.

Thanks for clarifying.

join