It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious conflict. Does it ever get old ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I have question for all the Christens and the Jews and the Muslims.

Does it ever get old ?

You know the never ending debate on which religion is the right religion.

Who has the bigger God.

Who can convert the most non-believers.

Who can kill the most non-believers.

You even get to arguments about who is the most oppressed.
( i.e. War on Christmas, anti-semitism, being labeled an Islamic fascist. )

How many times can you go around killing each other over the same ****ing argument ?

Tell you what. How about I try to mend some fences and give the big 3 some advice.

To the Christens. I'm sorry the Jews killed your Saviour. Now get over it. Its been 1,974 years since it happened it's time to let it go. And I'm sorry the Muslims took the holy lands in the year 1095 and forced some Christens to convert to Islam. But didn't you feel much cleaner after the circumcision ?

To the Jews. I'm sure Israel can be a very beautiful place, but instead of thinking God gave Israel to the Jews and thats it, end of discussion. How about God gave the earth to all of humanity. Yeah I like that one. Its more inclusive. And also we are not all out to get you and despite what the Anti-Defamation League tells you, not everyone hates Jews so calm down. The way you act sometimes you think Jews were the only group to face genocide.

To the Muslims. Next time one of your leaders calls for a holy war. Tell them to go do it them selves. Tell them you have better thing to do with your life, like plant a tree or play with your kids. And stop fighting with Israel. I don't care who started it any more. Faith lives in the heart and soul. Not in a building, not in a book, and not in piece of land.

Now of course I know there are good Muslims, Jews and Christens. There is good and evil in us all. ( Some days I'm not a very good Objectivist. )

But the problem is the bad members of your religions keep getting all the media attention and have a lot of bombs.

So get off your butts and quit letting zealots, corporate warmongers, and sadistic politicians hijack your faith.

O.K. I'm done now, let the flaming begin.

But before you reply just remember what God said. " Of course I know everything. I'm a Buddhist."

[edit on 23-7-2007 by DarkMile77]

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Not being religious, i feel free to say...

sheesh you guys! stop the stupid rivallry! At least we dont have the crusades any more, but some of the religious conflicts in the world are just as bad - maybe worse! Cant you people accept that some people DONT think that we're all ultimately incest because we descended from Adam and Eve? Or that "an eye for an eye" is an outmoded and socially damaging model of justice???

I only have one problem - where does jointly held belief end and religion begin? If we get enough people convinced that religion is evil in its conflict, could we end up with 'anti-religious extremists' blowing up all religious people and generally waging war on the world just as Islamic extremists are doing now!? hmm... risky area...

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScriptKiddie

If we get enough people convinced that religion is evil in its conflict, could we end up with 'anti-religious extremists' blowing up all religious people and generally waging war on the world just as Islamic extremists are doing now!? hmm... risky area...

The answer would more than likely be use..... yes. Its sad, I know but while the human species can be capable of wonderfully thing. We tend to be conflict junkies.

new topics

join