It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How One Young Man Got Involved, Got Noticed, and is Trying to Make a Difference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
It is not unusual on ATS to hear the mantra about how the government is out of control, that voting doesn't matter, and how that working outside the system is the only way to effect change.

My answer to the claims is always to give it a shot. Get involved. Make your voice heard. Write. Call. Demonstrate, if you must. Just work within the law and you'll be surprised how effective grassroots politics can be in America.

Here's a guy, who's gotten some attention and is trying to make a difference. The only thing holding him back is that he only has one vote.

Not to worry, though. We all have but one vote, but unless you vote, it's all for naught.

Personally, I'm glad a lot of people don't bother to vote, but if they did, they'd see that the system can work, if you only try.

Here's James Kotecki:

potw.news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 2007/7/23 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Nice story Grady, thanks for posting it. As to working inside the system, doing so has not always worked. The poor Seminole Indians will attest to that. I am not advocating working outside our system, merely making an observation on the past.

join