It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something over lake erie 7/22

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Hey guys! I just saw something over Lake Erie about 20 mins ago (approx 10:45pm). I know there are members from northern Ohio here so I thought I'd check to see if anyone else saw anything... BTW i'm located right on the shore of lake erie almost exactly midway between cleveland and toledo.

Anyway, I was letting my dog out to do her thing and decided I had to take a leak as well (lol). As we were both doing our thing I noticed an EXTREMELY bright white light over the lake very low in the sky towards my NE probably about 20 or 25 degrees above the horizon. It hovered there for about 30-60 seconds and I continued to watch it- then it started to move upwards slowly until it was about 60-70 degrees above the horizon then it stopped again and hovered there for about 10-20 seconds then abruptly sped off towards the west (still over the lake) and the light just vanished. It was wild. Did anyone else in the area see anything???

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Why does this sound so familiar?

Got it!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did it look anything like this?

Well, call me a nut-case but I think something here stinks. FrozenThought (the banned member from the other thread telling us this same story) and yourself both registered about a week apart... That wouldnt really be that weird unless you factor in your lack of participation. You have made 4 posts at ATS and they are all concerning detailed information about airports, Airports happen to be the main topic of the banned members thread too.

Smell that? Stinky.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by Tiloke]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
These past few days have generated reports of bright lights over
Lake Erie from both the south (USA) side of the Lake and the north
(CAN) side. I would say that this is quite unusual were it not for
Lake Erie being a hotbed of activity in recent years. It's almost as
if bright lights/unusual lights over that body of water is the norm.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Did it ACT like anything other than an jet at night? Some nonballistic behavior would give miles to it not being a jet. Give anything that would disprove it being a jet at night. If you cant then more than likely thats what it was, Occams Razor and all.

Bright lights around and over most of the great lakes are the norm because they are littered with coastal airports. They are only unusual to some observers because most want to "believe" they are something they are not. I lived on Lake Erie in Chautauqua County for years, I know.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Right you are about the airports, Lost_Mind. It's too bad that we get so
many verbal reports, but scant few videos. I suppose a video of any
decent length would prove that most of the lights are aircraft. I can see
them coming into Ohare when they're still 50 miles out over Lake Michigan.
They look like bright hovering UFO's until the plane gets closer.

I'm assuming that the posters reporting UFO's over Lake Erie
the past few days are not new arrivals to the area. Perhaps we
should ask that question.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by carewemust]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke

Did it look anything like this?

Nothing like that- just one bright white light. I'm about 50+ miles west of Hopkins airport in cleveland- there was plenty of other jet traffic in the sky and I assure you it was nothing like any of them. Plus when it took off with such speed towards the west- I don't think it could have been a jet.

Also I assure you I have nothing to do with that video (which clearly looks like landing lights on a jet) and the only thing I am guilty of is living in the same state as that poster.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by Lab Rat]

[edit on 23-7-2007 by Lab Rat]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Do you play the guitar?

If not - cool, then keep it up and continue posting.

Lake erie is associated with another poster who was/is trying to show various airplane landing lights as something more than they are. But your explananation about it hovering and then shooting off is interesting. What type of distances could you relate to each of the "segments" of the flight you witnessed?

I see planes on approach in my area from as far as 50 miles away. They "sit" there in the sky for a few minutes and as they approach, they move slowly then a bit faster. But never do they shoot off - so if you saw movement, hovering, movement, hovering and then shooting off - that's a lot different than most aircraft we have flying. Other than a high-powered helicopter with a jet engine on it to help it accelerate quickly - I couldn't imagine what you saw.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bonaire
Do you play the guitar?

I can safely say "no" to that one- in fact, I have zero musical talents whatsoever :-)

When it shot off it traveled about twice the distance of a yardstick held straight in front of me at arms length in a period of a couple seconds then the light just disappeared.

The approach to Hopkins when the planes are coming in over the lake has them coming in from the east side- I've never seen an approaching plane from here (lived here 25+ years). I did go to school at BW which is very close to Hopkins so I am pretty familiar with the air traffic patterns...

top topics

join