It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye...floaters??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I am 44 and have seen them ever since I could remember. I Can even see them after closing my eyes, ( as long as I'm in bright light ).

I always chalked them up to dust, but found out later about the white blood cell thing.

I hope they don't get any worse either. ( They have remained at a constant for 30 years thank God! )

2PacSade-

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Yes dear...you need to see an eye doctor , yesterday. You have what sounds like Lattice degeneration, read up online and get to a doctor. Good Luck

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
You cats are confusing blood cells in the capillaries with the small fibrous things that literally float around in the eyeball jelly in front of the retina. Two different things. The little hair things are actually strings of cells that have separated from the retina.

I actually remember seeing somewhere that a laser can actually help bust up those fibrous floaters and make them a bit less visible if they get too big and start to get annoying.

Had them my whole life. Still better than being blind, I guess.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
LATTICE DEGENERATION

The retina is the light sensitive membrane in the back of the eye. Lattice degeneration is a condition in which there is a thinning in the peripheral retina. This condition is found in approximately 10% of the general population and tends to run in families. Sometimes the thinning can become severe enough for a retinal hole to develop in the retina. Fluid from inside the eye may then go through the retinal break. When this happens the retina separates from its blood supply and the vision may become diminished. This is known as a retinal detachment. Most people with lattice degeneration do not develop a retinal detachment, however, in people who have retinal detachments, 30% of them were caused by lattice degeneration.

When a person with lattice degeneration is considered to be at high risk for developing a retinal detachment, treatment may be recommended. This treatment may consist of sealing the lattice degeneration or the holes within the lattice degeneration with either a beam of laser light or with a freezing instrument. Once the lattice degeneration is sealed, the risk of a retinal detachment becomes markedly reduced. A retinal detachment may still occur, however, due to the formation of lattice degeneration in untreated areas of the retina or due to the formation of new holes or tears in other locations. The treatment is not 100% successful and a retinal detachment may even occur from a retinal hole in an area of lattice degeneration which has been treated.

People with lattice degeneration should be aware of the four warning signs of a retinal detachment. These four warning signs are:

1. Flashes of lights, brief sparks or flickers of lights that are generated from within the eye.

2. Dark floaters or spots which move with eye movement and are seen under normal lighting conditions. In bright light many people see floaters, but if one sees floaters under normal lighting conditions this is a warning sign of a possible retinal detachment.

3. A curtain of darkness or a dark area in the field of vision.

4. Blurriness of vision that does not go away with blinking.

If you should experience any of these four warning signs or if you should experience a change in any of these four warning signs, you should contact your eye doctor immediately for examination. After lattice degeneration is diagnosed, most people should be seen by their eye doctor on a regular basis in order to make sure that their lattice degeneration does not progress

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Man i have the same things i see them everyday but if i ignore them they go away.I went to the eye doctor for them,and he told me that I have a retinal tear.He didn't know how i got it but he said there is nothing that could be done unless i have major eye surgery that would cost alot of money that i dont have.I hope that helps you dude.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I always wondered what these are too, noticed them when I began studying chemtrails. Could be ANYTHING!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join