It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sell, Sell, Sell, Sell, Sell your stocks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Sell your stocks now don't be like the Duke Brothers, Mortimer and Randolph!

But, seriously check out the Business Week article on 5 reasons to sell! Buy low, Sell High!

Sell - Sell Article on Business Week!

[edit on 7/22/07 by mel1962]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
theres further reading in the vein of; 'the handwritings on the wall'
@ www.fiendbear.com/index1.html

titled something like, "the 1st crack in the Goldilocks......"

dollar value, hedge funds making the past LTCM failure seem pale,
the growing fallout from the housing bubble spreading....etc

i'm steadily rolling over equities into my ROTH precious metals holdings
as the DOW keeps rising to 15K.
there isn't another place to go with all 'their' investment money, other than the stock markets...
and that includes all those 100,000 'contractors' in Iraq making all their
$600. a day, tax-free money .
along with the investment bankers & private equity groups

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Buy low, sell high? Wow I never would have thought of that. Do you even own any stocks or are you just repeating an article? Wise investors know enough not to listen to every Tom, Dick, and Harry who writes an article with such a simple minded subject.

There is such a thing as knowledgeable investment. If one purchased APPLE stock last year for example, prior to Apples announcement that it was going to be offering a cell phone, that stock now would be almost triple in price. The same could be said about Apple prior to the iPod revolution.

It is very important to research, and understand market forces and individual company assets if you are going to invest. Sticking to Apple as an example, a wise investor would know that Apple has contracts that tie up 25% of the worlds production of Flash memory for the rest of this year, and that knowledge would offer insight as to which companies will suffer shortages and thus have value reductions. It might also suggest investment in companies that produce nand flash, as there clearly is a market shortage that will effect prices.

Buy low, sell high is far to simple minded in this Global economy. It is not just buy low, sell high. It is in knowing WHICH stock to buy and When, and HOW LONG to hang on to it.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Should I dump my 'Soul Glo' stock?

I think the market is due for a hit, and some dips,
but nothing it wont eventually recover from... right?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hey, I am not telling anybody what to do, but if I held onto a stock that is at its top price and doesn't issue a dividend, I would sell.

Like Joe Kenndy said "Only a sucker holds out for top dollar":w:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well, those who didn't sell their stocks yesterday got hammered today!

That's see what happens tomorrow, maybe the plunge protection team will go into action tomorrow!

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, do any of you actualy own any stock and take an active role in trading, or are you just making comments on a subject that you are not personaly involved in?

Market fluctuations happen all the time and a little dip is no reason to sell off. That is what amatures do. They fear a little dip and then sell out too early, without taking an informed look at what it actualy happening. Then they kick themselves when stocks go even higher. Sure, there is always rick, but keeping properly informed is paramount. Sometimes a dip can be a good thing in the long run.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Here is a good reason why one should not listen to Financial Advisors in the newspapers:

Just a few days ago financial analyst Jim Cramer offered the advice to Sell off your Apple stock and perhaps Buy only after Apple released it's Third Quarter report. He went on to say that in his opinion, Apple wouldn't have anything special to report.

Shortly after Mr. Cramer's item in the news, ATT announced that it had activated only 146,000 iPhones in the Third quarter, which was far less than expected. Apple stock fell on this ATT report. Anyone who listened to Mr. Cramer would be selling stock while it was falling. Anyone who looked at the ATT data alone, without understanding it's erroneous nature, would also be mistaken.

If you had listened to Mr. Cramer, and sold your stock as he suggested, you would be listening to a fool. Apple reported record breaking revenues with net income up 73%. They sold 270,000 iPhones in the first 30 hours that they were available and Apple's growth rate was 2 1/2 times over Third Quarter predictions. They also did great in iPod sales (31% growth over the quarter) and Notebook sales (up 42%), breaking all previous records. Steve Jobs said "We're thrilled to report the highest June quarter revenue and profit in Apple's history, along with the highest quarterly Mac sales ever" and expects to sell one million iPhones by the end of the 4th quarter. But you didn't need to read the report to see people lined up around the block to buy the new iPhone and to know it was quite successful.

If you are going to invest in stocks it is always best to do your own research and never to listen solely to Financial predictions made by reporters. If you had taken a closer look at Apples strengths and what was truly going on, you would have known better than to listen to Mr. Cramer. If you had understood that ATT's iPhone activation data, reflected problems within ATT and their inability to function, you would have known that it was not an accurate description of the number of phones sold. Further, if you look at the progress being made in Apples next OS, code named Leopard, you would understand that good things are in the works and well on their way. That coupled with the knowledge that Apple has locked in deals for 25% of the worlds Nand Flash memory, you would clearly see that now is not at all a good time to sell off Apple stock. Mr. Cramer's advice was 100% wrong.

This is just one stock out of many, and with every investment, only you are responsible for making an educated decision on when to Buy, when to Sell and Why. If you fail to educate yourself, then you will reap the losses of folks like Jim Cramer, Financial Analyst.

new topics

top topics

join