It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a picture of a UFO flying over my sister's house

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The photo author: "It appeared to be hovering for a while (about 10 minutes) and then took off so fast it basically disappeared.

I was just able to get this shot taken before it disappeared"

Some notes:

1) Clearly the object was not over the house, the object is in distance.

2) So you took this photo only just a second before it "took off so fast it basically disappeared".

Just to be precise.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
The shape certainly seems consistent with a B-2. The squarish wingtips and the stepped trailing edge are a dead giveaway. If it was hovering, I would have to say that antigrav has indeed been added to the B-2

[edit on 7/22/2007 by eaglewingz]

I know this doesn't explain a b2 stealth hovering, but its interesting none the less.

www.americanantigravity.com...

[edit on 22-7-2007 by Freezer]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I live near the Rose Bowl and have seen several stealth bombers and fighters in flight. My thought was, this doesn't looked blurred at all, and those things move! It's so curious about the distorted wing too as already mentioned. Good pic!

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
I live near the Rose Bowl and have seen several stealth bombers and fighters in flight. My thought was, this doesn't looked blurred at all, and those things move! It's so curious about the distorted wing too as already mentioned. Good pic!

Not only do they move, they usually also leave trails from the jets. Although that picture is oversaturated and so the trails, if they existed, would probably not be visible in this picture anyways.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The shape similarity is close, but if there was no sound and it hovered for 10 minutes, then what the heck is it? Good stuff!

Have a look at the two pictures side by side, I have enlarged the original phot for comparison.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by Havalon]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Nice pic OP.
It really is very interesting. I know you mentioned that it flew away at fast rate of speed and made no noise.
In relation to your photograph which way did it take off?

When it did take off, did you notice any lights or glowing that would indicate a propulsion system?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
Looks like a kite to me~

Me too. I would call hoax on this thread but I guess there is no way of really knowing if the poster is telling the truth or not. Just seems like a simple kids kite to me. Maybe even an ultralight.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It really looks like a kite to me. I tried to see if I could figure out which way the wind was blowing but couldnt, also tried to see some string and couldnt.
But it sure looks like a kite that ive seen many times.

And if it sat there long enough to go find the camera more people would have seen it and im sure it would have been a news item.

btw did you get any pics with the phone? Might help your story.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I gotta side with the folks who said B-2.It would help to know the location though.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
A b2 stealth could appear to hover if its windy enough. This aircraft design has a lot of lift potential, as its shape is primarily just a wing. This rc plane on utube shows a bit of how this happens. Its just like buzzards and those large birds appear to hover in one place, cause the wind is providing lift. If the leading edges of the aircraft provide even more lift, that could exaggerate it a bit.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It may also be a drone. There are several in-production or development utilizing the general shape of a B-2.

Acting as a reconnaissance aircraft, that'd make sense for it to seemingly not move for awhile, then make a high-speed maneuver away.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I was leaning toward the B-2 theory, but I've tried to match the angle of the wings as best I could. I don't think a B-2 matches very well with the original image. Now I'm leaning toward the kite theory.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Interesting, considering your registration date and points accumulation. Nice to see a post like this coming from someone who didn't register yesterday.

One thing I hate though...
10 minutes and you didn't have time to zoom?
Or take a video?
Is that your only picture?
I'd have been running down the street to get closer pictures, snapping every few steps.
This camera is capable of both zoom and video.

www.cnet.com.au...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I believe this is another photo-shopped hoax. I took the image and zoomed in on the target. Then I reduced the brightness and saw speckles surrounding the object which are not present in the surrounding air. These speckles form a square around the "UFO". I believe the speckles are representing an alternate background from the photo-shopped image (likely a B2). Here is my photo detective work for your scrutiny...

I of course could be wrong. I wish I were and we saw a real UFO. I hope I see one in my lifetime.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
it looks like a handgun.. revolver.. six shooter... ya know! but.. other than that.. looks like the bomber-

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
b-2's fly that low???

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
AllSeeingI, are you saying that when there are those little "chicken-pox"
bumps around the subject, that subject was superimposed upon the
background artificially?

I too would hate to see that another ATS member is trying to hoax this
forum, but if that is the case, we need to know ASAP. I hope the O.P.
will follow-up and either swear that this is a genuine unaltered photo, or
admit that he tried to pull a fast one so we can forgive and move on.
-cwm

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I dont know how this will play into this in the end but "ExcitableBoy", the OP uses the ID of "Zabilgy" at photobucket where the photo resides and "Zabilgy" is a previously banned member (from 2005) here. Just FYI, using SG's lead....

May have no bearing on this but ya never kno, eh? May show intent or play into the OP's character....

[edit on 22-7-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
could the "speckles" signify i certain energy emitting from the craft? it looks like the air surrounding the UFO is distorted.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
I believe this is another photo-shopped hoax. I took the image and zoomed in on the target. Then I reduced the brightness and saw speckles surrounding the object which are not present in the surrounding air. These speckles form a square around the "UFO".

AllSeeingI, the EXIF data (posted on page 1) show that the photo came straight out of a Canon camera, and not that it had ever gone through PhotoShop (or any other program).

In my opinion, the boxy speckles are probably just an artifact of the image's effect on the way the camera photographs objects with such a light/dark contrast as a dark object against the daylit sky.

This may be a hoax, but it's not a PhotoShopped hoax.

edit: P.S. removed.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by Tuning Spork]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join