It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a picture of a UFO flying over my sister's house

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The full sized X-47 is 38 ft long, and 62 foot wingspan. I don't know the size of the one in the picture I posted, but those are the official stats of the X-47. Personally, I still stand by a B-2 at an odd angle during the turn, but both of these aircraft would fit what's seen in the picture. Going by the flaperon size compared to what we can see of the wing, that's a pretty big flaperon. Something that a craft the size of the B-2 would require. Going from the artist conceptions, and the few real pictures it doesn't APPEAR that the X-47 uses a flaperon system, but I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

This is certainly interesting, but do the wings have some sort of drop down feature (as you can see in my photograph the wings aren't straight). Are there flaps that can fold down or something?

And, since this is an un-manned craft, that means it would be pretty small in comparison to a B-2, correct? Thanks. Also, does it have any sort of anti-gravity capability that would allow it to hover at length. Thanks again.

I guess I can read up on this myself, but the poster above seems to know his aircrafts. I will still do some reading.

EDIT to add: I guess I was a little slow as I got some answers before I even posted this. Thanks!

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This shows the plane landing. There are flaps, but they don't look big enough or don't appear to drop down enough. Unless they have something to do with anti-gravity/hovering capability and drop down further for that function?

This could be what I saw, but I'm not too sure about it.

EDIT to say: it won't let me post this picture? I'll try to find another.

Here is the source: www.darpa.mil...

The image is there along with many others.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The flaperon system that I was mentioning that the B-2 uses, combines flaps, ailerons, and spoilers into one system. It's two big panels on the outboard section of the B-2 that can go from no deflection, to 90 degrees to the wing on landing. They split open to varying degrees in flight, which causes the wing on that side to slow down. When it slows it creates drag that pulls the aircraft to that side, causing it to turn. That's what makes me think that it's a B-2 going into a steep bank, based on the amount of the flaperon that we can see on the left wing.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
o my god this plane is simply sexy!
see how technologicaly advanced are we^^and even more then that

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thanks for your help ZAPHOD58. Does the un-manned X47B have the same type of flap system?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm still digging around on the X-47B, but so far I haven't seen evidence of it. I know that they were working on a wing warping system for helping UCAVs maneuver, or other systems. I'll keep digging around and see what I can find out before I have to go back to work Sunday.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Yep, B-2, no doubt in my opinion.
Though the hovering and accelerating thing is very interesting, I reckon it could just be because of the fitting of jets like the ones on the harrier VTOL.
But you never know, anti-grav stuff might have been used, but why would they put anti-grav systems on such a distinctive craft?
It was probably because of its radar proof-nessn that it would be used to test something like that.
Don't mind me, I'm just rambling off some abstract ideas, but still...

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Foffle]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Hi peeps very interesting photo yes does look like B-2 spirit however please check out following link its the 10th 11th picture shown down the page, i'm looking at the 3 engined concept design aircraft that does have very simular charictoristics here this site is quite old now who knows how far they have got with this black project, however as stated we do need to know where and when the photo was taken.

www.dreamlandresort.com...

opinion(s)
SPQR

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed. If you are talking about the image dated 2/20/1998 and then marked Image# EL-1998-00245, turn it upside down and it looks exactly like what I saw.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I would say that it may still be a B2-spirit, but hovering perhaps some new tech: we dont know. then again why would a B2 Hover with the shape it is cant see that.

So we have narrowed it down to
A. Kite
B. B2 (excuse the pun)
C. Unknown X-File
D.A bird kestrel perhaps they HOVER???????

SPQR

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Another shot of dont you agree a simular craft sorry its small photo, but it has a close match to the photo over the house.

Comments

SPQR

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It appeared to be hovering for a while (about 10 minutes) and then took off so fast it basically disappeared.

You took 1 pic!!!, out of the 10minutes it was hovering.....

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Sorry for the short post but it Reminds of of a microlight aircraft

www.bmaa.org...

possibly even a large kite

www.kiteshop.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Sorry for the short post but it Reminds of of a microlight aircraft

possibly even a large kite

It definitely wasn't either. But thanks for the post.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
So did the experts ever get back to anyone about the mysterious kite/RC plane?

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPQR

Another shot of dont you agree a simular craft sorry its small photo, but it has a close match to the photo over the house.

Comments

SPQR

Are you kidding me?
This picture of a helicopter looks NOTHING like what the dude posted.

It to me looks like...

1. B-2
2. RC Airplane
3. Kite

It's obviously not a "UFO", or bird.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelMyers
Are you kidding me?
This picture of a helicopter looks NOTHING like what the dude posted.
It to me looks like...
1. B-2
2. RC Airplane
3. Kite
It's obviously not a "UFO".

Are you kidding me?

You give a list of three (very different) things that it *could* be and you can't positively identify it. Yet, you then claim that it's obviously not a UFO. How does that work?

I thought that if you can't positively identify something, which you can't do in this instance, then by definition it has to be a UFO. You've tripped over your logic somewhere.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
hey,
did the "experts" ever figure out what kind of kite it is?
Just curious

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
leaning towards the kite theory , but with only 1 pic and zoomed out so much its going to be really hard to id it :/

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join