It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a picture of a UFO flying over my sister's house

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
right so this thing appeared in broad daylight over an urban area but nobody else seen it or photographed it except the OP....Or others did see it and idintefied it as soemthing ordinary .

why is this thread still open the OP is obvioulsy hoaxing. he knows 100% what this object is.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

So you were manipulating the camera and took a snapshot accidentally, a total stable pic with the perfect view (the roof, the object).

Previously you said that you *intentionally* selected the camera view, and this takes time.

This is getting ridiculous. I took my time with the first picture, yes. Where did I say I accidently took a picture?

After I took the first picture, that's when I tried to figure out how to use the camera (zoom, etc....)

It appears the supposed conspiracy within the conspiracy is more fascinating to everyone than the picture.

The gentlemen that are examining the picture have not gotten back to me yet. I'm sure we will all know when they have something to say.

"excitableboy" also has an account at PhotoBucket, but it's a "private" account. If this is your account, will you please open it shortly? If it's not your account, will you please say so?

Of course there is someone using that name on PhotoBucket. There just had to be. But, not me. Why would I come on here and ask how to post a picture if I already had an account in the same name I use here? I could have used that account to post the picture and saved myself a lot of grief instead of opening a new account with the name of a banned member.

"Excitable Boy" comes from a song by Warren Zevon. Does it surprise you that someone else out of the billion or more people that have access to the web would choose to use that name?

[edit on 25-7-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I'm thinking this may be a hoax. Did a quick bit of analysing and there are some strange pixels around the unknown craft. I may be wrong.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

So you were manipulating the camera and took a snapshot accidentally, a total stable pic with the perfect view (the roof, the object).

Previously you said that you *intentionally* selected the camera view, and this takes time.

This is getting ridiculous. I took my time with the first picture, yes. Where did I say I accidently took a picture?

After I took the first picture, that's when I tried to figure out how to use the camera (zoom, etc....)

It appears the supposed conspiracy within the conspiracy is more fascinating to everyone than the picture.

The gentlemen that are examining the picture have not gotten back to me yet. I'm sure we will all know when they have something to say.

"excitableboy" also has an account at PhotoBucket, but it's a "private" account. If this is your account, will you please open it shortly? If it's not your account, will you please say so?

Of course there is someone using that name on PhotoBucket. There just had to be. But, not me. Why would I come on here and ask how to post a picture if I already had an account in the same name I use here? I could have used that account to post the picture and saved myself a lot of grief instead of opening a new account with the name of a banned member.

"Excitable Boy" comes from a song by Warren Zevon. Does it surprise you that someone else out of the billion or more people that have access to the web would choose to use that name?

[edit on 25-7-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

Don't feel bad about these people debunking you.
It goes with the territory you are in.

You know that what you are saying is the truth and I believe you.

Just stick to your guns and wait for your answers.
You will get them soon.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaulWillocks

I'm thinking this may be a hoax. Did a quick bit of analysing and there are some strange pixels around the unknown craft. I may be wrong.

I think a nod should maybe delete the first 10 pages of this thread as It would seem they are using up space for no reason. Just lets take it from the above post and start again

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
neformore showed an excellent example of the proper angle of a B-2 ... shows the hump, and the tail shape. (beautiful avatar btw)

not everyone are camera geniuses ... you should see how many pictures of my fish I cannot take well, and the tank doesn't move. I hate using the zoom feature and even though I have played with some of the features, still not very good with them. Mine is a 4 MP, but, I would be still hard pressed to get off a good shot ... I would probably take a pic with the 'action' setting first, then the 'mountain' setting ... then try to tweak it from there out. I want to learn eventually, especially when the 12 MP + cameras drop just a bit more ($300 now
)

I have to give kudos to the steadiness of your hands. I rarely can get off a clear picture such as that ... and for that to be the first snap with the camera.

I believe anyone with photoshop, could do a better job that leaving pixels like that ... that has been debated already, and if you scrutinize the edge of the house, they have shown you get the same pixel problem ... but that may have been on page 2 or 3 ... so not everybody does check (I have skipped some pages myself).

What I thought was odd looking myself, besides the 'bird of prey' ... between the two trees on the roof line, a third tree makes a 3 dot pattern that the branches are not evident ... looks kinda like three balls hovering

You know ... them Klingons have cloaking devices ... and warp drive ... that could be why it vanished so quickly!!!

What you can dream, the black projects already have something more advanced than that as a working model. Is it a anit-gravity B2? Is it a drone? Was it an optical illusion?

I can say the last one is completely possible. I am not trying to say you have never witnessed planes before ... but, I know a couple times driving through Orlando, near the airport ... I could have sworn I saw a plane hovering in one spot for a minute or so ... My point being ... without proper understanding of size, scale, and sometime past experience watching it ... you eyes/mind play tricks on you. It could have been at just the right angle and altitude to have the appearance of hovering for a couple minutes ... but once it crossed that threshold, it seem to go fast. It is also bright, but cloudy. The combination of climbing, accelerating, reaching an altitude as it blended in with the clouds while leveling off and that speed transitioned from climbing to covering distance could have intensified the 'disappearing act'. It is a 'stealth' technology, so I am sure it isn't as loud as say, an F-14 tomcat with afterburners going off ... bombing range nearby, so I know jets can be quite loud OR surprisingly quiet. B-2s are HUGE compared to a jet.

My honest opinion is it is a B-2, with no disrespect intended.

I have saw a couple things in my life that people won't believe ... one of them a friend was with me, and even the most easily convinced would laugh our experience out of the forum. So, truthfully, only you (and your sister) know and can understand what you really saw, but, since you asked opinions, that was mine.

It could be a kyte (doubtful), it could be a rc toy (even a helicopter/hovertype with a B-2 body), (benefit of the doubt it is not a) hoax, or something we know not what it is (et ship, gov't secret, new species of bird
)

Until we do know for sure, it is still technically an UFO.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'm sure someone has suggested bird (hang me from a yard arm as I didn't read the entire thread, which I usually do).

First thing I thought of was bird.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by mystr

Even at full size the artifacts remains.

The photo is a .jpg. It came out of the camera compressed with the artifacts. All .jpg's have artifacts. It is caused by file compression. A Raw file from a 5 mega-pixel camera would not even post on Photobucket. Only the expensive camera's offer uncompressed images in a Raw or .tif format.

Hello, i know very well the jpeg compression artifacts. I'm referring to the *scaline* artifacts on diagonal near-horizontal lines, typical of a simple resizing, not a bicubic interpolation resize. These type of artifacts are well visible when you watch a widescreen dvd in "letterbox" mode.

So the image posted has been resized.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousbeliever
hmm that's very interesting. could it be a military black project or an extra-terrestrial craft? It doesn't look like 'natural phenomenon' to me.

More like a kite.....

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
My bet is just a regular B-2. If they added anti-gravity to anything, which honestly I doubt they have, they certainly wouldn't fly it during the day over a populated area and then hover... C'mon guys...

My guess is it looked like it was hovering due to the angle at which you were seeing it. A lot of times it's hard to tell if something is moving or not if it is traveling at certain angles in relation to you. It's just one of those things that happen.

Anyways, I am convinced that this is nothing more than a billion dollar aircraft

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Earlier on, it was settled that the OP used a 5 Megapixel camera to take it, but the image is smaller, 1024*768 or something. And it just happens that when you upload to photobucket, sometimes it resizes it for you, and that just so happens to be one of the sizes it does.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by apex]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You and ten others analyzed the picture and found the pixels. However, there was another poster that analyzed the rest of the picture and found the same pixelization around the house and other areas of the picture. It is probably due to image compression. Alien or not, this has truly become a UFO.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

OR maybe the pixels indicate some sort of field?

OR maybe it's a sparrow.

I'm in the "it's a sparrow" camp, personally.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnific
Well funny how some things in life can be a coincidence then eh? You are not Zabilgy, but both of you are from Massachusetts. And you happen to be a collector of shoes and going to sell some on Ebay. Then a user on Ebay with the name of Zabilgy is selli ng shoes to. Crazy world we life in

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Crazy, indeed!

Zabilgy didn't know how to post pictures either...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Zabilgy
How do I post a picture on here if its not from a URL??

Also, Zabiligy spent time in Sedona, where Excitable Boy now lives...

I was recently in Sedona, Arizona and read in a local paper that several citizens claimed to have seen Bin Laden at a church built in the rocks in part of the town.

Another reference to Sedona:

The rock he speaks of in the article reminds me of the Vortexes located in Sedona, Arizona

So many coincidences... :shk:
[edit on 23-7-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

why is everyone entertaining this liar and ignoring these two posts? this thread should have been closed after these two posts.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by atlscribe]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It's funny how people keep claiming kite yet ignore the fact that the OP said it hovered for 10 min then took off real fast. How does a kite do that?

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomThought
It's funny how people keep claiming kite yet ignore the fact that the OP said it hovered for 10 min then took off real fast. How does a kite do that?

What's funny is how you are believing a confirmed liar that has been banned previously.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

What's funny is how you are believing a confirmed liar that has been banned previously.

Well, if this all turns out to be a big hoax, then I hope they ban his IP permanently.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex

Earlier on, it was settled that the OP used a 5 Megapixel camera to take it, but the image is smaller, 1024*768 or something. And it just happens that when you upload to photobucket, sometimes it resizes it for you, and that just so happens to be one of the sizes it does.

[edit on 25-7-2007 by apex]

Ok, but why the author never given a response about that? So he have the original size one, on his hard drive? Ok then, i hope he sent that original version to the person(s) who are studying it.

My first impression when i looked at the photo was of a photo forom a photo-catalog of houses.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Okay, going to go through this one step at a time.
First, there is a tree behind the main house that is higher - left side middle. Second, the other house is pointed E-W so there is an intersection there and probably another road, as there probably is a road on the other side of the main house making that clump of trees about where the UFO is proabably on the opposite side of the street and on the opposite side there of the next block.

Now, either the UFO is further away and bigger or it is closer and smaller. If it is a jet it appears to be headed down and turning. Very bad, as bailing out may be appropriate as low as it appears to be. It is not climbing and if it were further away it would already be higher -- as look for a jet - over head as they are way, way, way, way, way up there if not heading in or out of an already existing airport. Therefore, the first question that may come up is:

Why would an UFO be so low and that noticable over the daytime? That does not appear likely. So with the UFO at the angle it is, it should not even seem like a jet or airplane of any sort. Also, it would be bigger if it were that seemingly close. So I estimate that first it is at least 500 feet away, and even at that height, after being at an airshow having an F-117A approach - yes they are small, and yes it is approaching probably a bit lower than that supposed UFO, but still - you would be hard pressed to see it because it is moving and you would have to have 360 degree vision to even see one approach. Those planes are much smaller than the total field one has to view to see anything approach.

So, first it must have been hovering there, but it does not appear to be far enough away to be a jet or an airplane, so it must be something else relative for the distance and size it would appear to be.

I rule out it being a jet or airplane because it simply would be too small or it would be too far away and you would not see it at all. Believe me when I say - an F-117A is a small plane approaching, so I doubt if a B-2 would be much bigger.

So, first off, it must be something else, either a kite or a model because it does not look far enough away at the angle of height to make it be bigger and at the angle of approach, either it is time to bail out of that craft or it is not a jet any which way one can ascertain.

Even at 1000 feet away or more, you would not see it approaching and it does not really look all that high up in the first place and because you can at least see some detail - it must be closer than further away and it must be smaller than larger. Therefore, I in my opinion rule out that it is a jet or airplane of any sort so, that is my take on it.

The UFO is just too small.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Don't feel bad about these people debunking you.
It goes with the territory you are in.

You know that what you are saying is the truth and I believe you.

Just stick to your guns and wait for your answers.
You will get them soon.

Thank you Rose!

FYI everyone: The gentlemen I forwarded the picture to (the owners of this site) got the original right off my computer. I am truly interested to find out what they have to say. As far as I'm concerned, it's a UFO. It's a flying object and I have no idea what it is.

Why don't we all just wait and see what they have to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join