It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a picture of a UFO flying over my sister's house

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boybut I kept watching it as best as I could while I prepared to take another picture and POOF it was gone before I had a chance.

but you DID say you took pics on the cellphone and they were crappy? mind upping them anyway, just for kicks?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
I could have taken my eye off of it for a split second possibly to blink or whatever, but I kept watching it as best as I could while I prepared to take another picture and POOF it was gone before I had a chance.

Did you have the camera up to your eye and looking through the viewfinder when it disappeared or were you looking at the whole sky with camera at your side?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The cell phones pictures I attempted to take I deleted right away. They were worthless.

Did you have the camera up to your eye and looking through the viewfinder when it disappeared or were you looking at the whole sky with camera at your side?

I guess both. I was trying to figure out how to zoom with the camera. I took the one picture before I really even knew what I had in my hands. As I mentioned earlier, the camera wasn't mine and I had never used it before.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
sorry for insisting, but

Originally posted by Excitable_BoyI tried with my phone, but images came out awful.

mind posting them anyway?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
EB, I thought that if your were looking through the camera, the object could have left the camera field of view (disappearing to you). It would give it extra time to move away before you stopped looking through the camera and returned to the sky with only your eyes. Maybe it fell to earth.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
OKay,

I have taken the time to use a powerful zooming and resizing program called Genuine Fractals....It looks as though nobody has used this because all I see in other posters images is blocky pixels.

The "blocky Pixels" are all the information there is in the photo. Genuine Fractals, which I have used, is mainly to create smaller files that can then be blown up to original size with less distortion. You can not do that with a compressed image, without saving the original file, which makes for huge files. Genuine Fractals is to help people who have lots of files keep the size down without loosing visible quality. Once an image is compressed you cant recover the original data so Genuine Fractal does a great imitation of that. It is able to more accurately reconstruct the original file than resizing from other types of compression. It does a nice job of enlargement, but no better than the default algorythyms in PhotoShop CS3 if used correctly. In fact I can do better with a little cheat by using the smart blur and resizing in combination with Focus Magic or Focal Blade.

When you resize an image you will never get any more information than existed in the original photo. Also if the object moved by even one pixel while the shutter was open you can't even rely on that information. This object does not cover enough pixels to give any detail. Therefore this is all conjecture. No one, no matter how expert, will be able to tell you what that is for sure without lying to you.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Sorry for the spelling issue. I keep loosing my ability to edit for some reason. Sometimes it is there and sometimes not?? Go figure?

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
I was trying to figure out how to zoom with the camera. I took the one picture before I really even knew what I had in my hands. As I mentioned earlier, the camera wasn't mine and I had never used it before.

So you were manipulating the camera and took a snapshot accidentally, a total stable pic with the perfect view (the roof, the object).

Previously you said that you *intentionally* selected the camera view, and this takes time.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
mystr,

If I understand your concern correctly: When you go to the photobucket link, you must click the photo to get the full-sized version. The distortion along the house's paneling, and such, will resolve.

Even at full size the artifacts remains.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
still a kite.
I used to fly kites all the time. A kite can dive very fast and disappear from view in the blink of an eye. I've seen it, I've made it happen.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnific
Well funny how some things in life can be a coincidence then eh? You are not Zabilgy, but both of you are from Massachusetts. And you happen to be a collector of shoes and going to sell some on Ebay. Then a user on Ebay with the name of Zabilgy is selli ng shoes to. Crazy world we life in

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Crazy, indeed!

Zabilgy didn't know how to post pictures either...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Zabilgy
How do I post a picture on here if its not from a URL??

Also, Zabiligy spent time in Sedona, where Excitable Boy now lives...

I was recently in Sedona, Arizona and read in a local paper that several citizens claimed to have seen Bin Laden at a church built in the rocks in part of the town.

Another reference to Sedona:

The rock he speaks of in the article reminds me of the Vortexes located in Sedona, Arizona

So many coincidences... :shk:
[edit on 23-7-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

OP could you please respond to these, I noticed you and your supporters in this thread ignored them. Thats an awful lot of "coincidences" you have with this banned member "Zabilgy" whos name you just happened to pick (instead of o, lets say, your own penname?) for your photobucket account because you "remembered him".

Not trying to attack you but, doesn't credibility as a witness matter if you're going to make extra-ordinary claims and apparently (and sadly) make some of the members here think theres some coincidently-kite or B2-looking alien UFO hanging out over your backyard?

Sorry for being skeptical here.. but I would like to see your response at least.

[edit on 24-7-2007 by Darkestroom4]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystr

Even at full size the artifacts remains.

The photo is a .jpg. It came out of the camera compressed with the artifacts. All .jpg's have artifacts. It is caused by file compression. A Raw file from a 5 mega-pixel camera would not even post on Photobucket. Only the expensive camera's offer uncompressed images in a Raw or .tif format.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
the answer is right in front of everybody. Hello. It looks like a Klingon vessel. klingons have cloaking technology. jeeze is it really that hard to identify a Klingon starship hovering in the air. Ever think that the writing on those drones look Klingon because they ARE Klingon.

I know I know. Klingons aren't real Gene Roddenberry made them up. That's what they WANT you to believe. Gene knew more than we know about...maybe he was hired to do govt. disclosure.

Now finally I have proof that they exist! I am so taking a blown up version of that photo you took to Trek Fest '07. I'm going to charge people $5 dollars to view it for 30 seconds.
I'll be so rich. Of course I'll give the OP a kick back.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I liked the name when I saw it on here. I started using it in ebay first. I used it in PhotoBucket. As I have already said, I'm not the person that used that name here.

I liked the name when I saw it because my first wife was Armenian and that word means garbage in Armenian. It caught my eye....I used it. The largest Armenian communities in the country are in LA and Watertown, Massachusetts. It doesn't surprise me that the original user of that name was from Massachusetts.

I have two homes now: one in Massachusetts and one in Arizona where my wife is from and where we met. I still keep a home in Massachusetts because i still run a business there.

Now, all I really want is to just find out what is in that picture.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Why do people keep insisting that OP post his phone shots? He has said at least twice that he DELETED them as junk as soon as he looked at them. With the kite theory, I've seen a lot of kites flying over the years and I have never seen one that did not behave as a kite in the air, the motion as far as I remember is unmistakable. A b2 bomber does not have the capability to defy gravity last time I checked so unless someone can provide an official source fo anti gravity b2's, I'm gonna rule that out but it could be the lady next doors knickers fell off the clothes line and got caught up in the breeze

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I believe he saw something,what is anybody's guess. I have a suspicion it is this

/2e3q76

a R/C glider called a Jazz Extreme or something like that. There are a few R/C clubs in his area and if it was Cape Cod it gets fairly windy there, perfect place to fly a R/C glider and if anyone thinks a skilled R/C glider operator can't put one in to a hover in a stiff wind is bonkers. my son's friend is the best and we would go fly them off the bluffs here in Calif. and he could hold it in a hover in a stiff on shore breeze for a long time. As soon as he would turn it into the wind it would be gone in a flash. he use to buzz cars on the freeway until the CHP told him to cut it out. The color black? If you crash these they break a part because they're made out of Styrofoam. The first thing you do to protect your investment and make it easier to see in the sky is tape it up with black duct tape. Check the internet it is a Jazz Extreme R/C glider.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Yep, I e-mailed the picture to my sons friend and he said it is what I said it is a R/C glider called a Jazz Xtereme. He said if it looked like it was hovering the operator was probably flying it inverted which makes it possible to almost "hover" but actually if the wind is right you are not, you just ain't going no where.Ever see a bird try to fly into a strong wind, or a fish swim up stream same deal. Notice the winglets on it are pointed down easier to control in a strong wind.And just because there is no wind at ground level does not mean there isn't wind at 50 feet above ground. If the poster is correct that this is Cape Cod a lot of good wind. JFK Jr. use to fly a motorized parasail just because of the good steady winds there. And as you flip it over it automatically dives with the wind and is gone from sight in a flash. You have to be really good with the thumb controls to keep from crashing it into the ground which he says it looks like this one has bit it a couple of times. Sorry folks to bust peoples bubbles. Nothing secret here.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Excitable_Boy,

"excitableboy" also has an account at PhotoBucket, but it's a "private" account. If this is your account, will you please open it shortly? If it's not your account, will you please say so?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Excitable Boy:

I have forwarded a link to the image to David Biedny and Jeff Ritzmann for their take on it.

Are you willing to forward the un altered file to them if they ask for it?

If you are we can get some solid analysis done I think, at least this image is more than a pixel or two (best I can tell from that little image on photo bucket) and THAT is potentially HUGE.

Let me know if you are okay with sending the RAW data to the experts.

Springer...

Any luck with David Biedny and Jeff Ritzman deliberations? or am I expecting too much too soon?
Thanks, in anticipation

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I have 'cloned' the image closer to the tree to help (I hope) with some scale. The two images are exactly the same size, but perhaps the tree and chimney might help to assess the size of the beasty!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join