It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romantic Dinner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
does anybody have any good romantic dinner ideas or recipes? i would really like to cook my bf a really good dinner and i have no ideas i was hoping someone here could give me an idea. thanx.

and no
either i hate that stuff.

lol

Edit: Amended title.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
sorry for misleading title forgot to redo that. my friend did that jokingly and i forgot to change it back.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Short_Man
sorry for misleading title forgot to redo that. my friend did that jokingly and i forgot to change it back.

What would you like the title to say?

Secondly, what does your bf like? Seafood, beef, pork, chinese, etc?

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Romantic Dinner

and we like anything except seafood, mushrooms, asparagus, and spinach. Other than that, due to allergies, we like a variety of food so I'm open to anything without that stuff.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
quick, easy and male proof.

Balsamic chicken and rosemary
angel hair pasta with mizithra cheese (1/2 cup shred) and butter (2 tbs).
baked sweet potatos with butter and brown sugar

Oil a baking dish, throw in two breasts, drizzle with 1/4 oil oil, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, a little crushed garlic and rosemary. Bake in 425 oven for 15 mins, flip over scraping the brown bits if necessary. Cook another 15 - 20 min. when you take it out pour a 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar over the top.

B

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'll try that sometime. Thank You. I am still open to more suggestions, so please don't stop posting.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
OK, the thing about a romantic dinner is time spent together. You don't want to be rushing off to keep something from boiling, etc. Something that's easily served. Hor'dervs(sp), you can buy these at the supermarket, you just heat them(ahead of time). Personally I like the Jalopenio poppers. Next a salad, Ceaser for me. Also easily prepared ahead of time.

Main dish- Pepper steak on rice.

Why rice? You can also cook this ahead of time and nuke it hot in a few minutes, before serving.

Pepper steak(actually this works with any meat of choice).

Cook your meat in a skillet with your choice of spices. I like pepper, garlic, cayenne and rosemary. With a little Worchester sauce. When done cut into strips. Fry, with oil of choice, with red, green and yellow peppers, chopped onions, pineapple and a little ginger(not the one from Gilligan's Island :lol
. Stir ofter and add some Soy sauce. This is an amazingly easy dish and the flavors mix nicely. Serve over the rice.

A good Cabernet Savignion will accent this nicely.

Dessert? Buy it, it takes too much time to make and you can get a good strawberry/rhubarb cobbler, or something like that at a major supermarket with a bakery.

Last thing. If you have a bread maker make it earlier. Nothing as good as fresh bread. If not, buy it at the same bakery.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
That sounds really good. I will try to do that sometime. I am still open to suggestions. I do have two really good ones and I will use them, but I like to cook so I'll probably do this alot so I need alot of recipes.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Keep it simple for sure. Spaghetti, good fresh bread, salad....a dessert to share..candles, good music...cant go wrong

top topics

join