It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Feingold proposes censuring Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Sen. Feingold proposes censuring Bush

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Liberal Democratic Sen. Russ Feingold said Sunday he wants Congress to censure President Bush for his management of the Iraq war and his "assault" against the Constitution.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Although I believe this to be too little too late, I am glad that someone has the gonads to step foward with this

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sorry, but isn't this deja-vu all over again?

Feingold was pushing this years ago, and it'll do as much good as bringing a damp sponge to a barn fire.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
From what I got of Feingold's quotes in the article, I'd have to say he's right...Whatever Party he's in, when you're right, you're right.

However, the only way to get the rest of his "colleagues" to listen is if The People start writing & phonecalling their Congressional Reps & tell them to support the censure. The Amnesty Bill failed because of this...It was originally a "marginable vote" in Congress until the People spoke their Will.

I think it's the same situation here...Congress knows that it's the popular vote that puts them in Office, so they know that they have to listen or risk losing their jobs. That's how the People must get the Judicial & Executive Branches to "Toe-the-Constitutional-Line" is by having Congress exercise their available "checks & balances" to the utmost.

The People will only be able to keep their Rights & their Voice by exercising them to their fullest potential...One of the main problems is that too many People aren't even really aware of their Rights, but that's where education comes in. Those People who are aware have to talk to those who aren't aware. "Grass Roots" movements are always underestimated by a lot of People, but once unleashed, it's the most powerful force this Nation can bring to bear.

In short, it's a matter of turning Gottago's "sponge" into a tsunami...

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I believe that someone should, at the very least, start taking account of what this man in Washington is doing. Because we are going to have to pay for all his mistakes since he became president. May Wisdom follow the man, that stands up to this force. Seems like most folks out here don't care either way.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Gottago, does this mean to imply that you've lost all hope in The People? If so, then I do symathize, but I won't allow myself to stop pushing to help the "sleepers" to awaken. That's something that does take some drive & energy, but the first step is to educate People about their Rights. Simply talking to people you know is the best way...That's how all such "grass roots" movements start is by word-of-mouth.

Showing people what they've been missing because of the biased Mainstream Media is what keeps me going...If I know of any activist groups that have been making positive progress, I talk about them. I never try to "recruit" or anything, but I only talk about their successes & what it is that they're trying to say. The USA is firmly planted into the Information Age & that's the best weapon you can have to protect yourself...I make it my calling on ATS to spread & deliberate over information. After all, ATS's motto is to Deny Ignorance & knowledge is the antithesis of ignorance.

Feingold probably forgot all about getting some "grass roots" support for his Censure Proposal before he tried it...If he'd had that support then, it would have been less likely for the rest of Congress to ignore him so easily.

[edit on 22-7-2007 by MidnightDStroyer]

new topics

top topics

join