It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unruly Schoolboys Charged as Sex Offenders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

BTW, I don't think these boys should be labeled as sex offenders, but instead I think their parents should. Also, there's a HUGE difference between a girl doing this to a boy and a boy doing this to a girl. Call it "sexism" if you will, but it's just not the same thing.

Peace

[edit on 25-7-2007 by Dr Love]

I'm curious about what you mean about the difference between a boy doing this and a girl as well. Please comment.

13 means puberty. If Mother Nature did her job correctly these boys are exhibiting normal behavior. To consider this anything more than a pubescent prank is ludicrous. No person of reasonable sensitivities would do that. Call the parents and suspend them publicly for a couple of days and they probably won't do it again. Punish them this severely and they will grow up hating anyone in authority and do much worse things.

Overreacting can cause more harm than not reacting at all. Am I the only one who read the article and noticed a couple of the girls have already admitted to giving false information and confessed to doing this themselves?

Political Correctness is going to get so far out of control its going to become just like Sharia Law. Look how many have suffered over that travesty. Some people just want to control everyone else. Its an extension of how power mad some people are. Unfortunately these nuts sometimes have positions of power. They are all the same. No self-esteem so they use their power to hurt innocent people. I often wonder if they don't get some kind of sexual gratification out of abusing innocent people and children. They are the true villains. Too bad there are so many of them these days. They used to sit in their houses with binoculars and call the Police twenty times a day. Now they have positions of power. We have got to start paying our Law Enforcement and Educators better so some decent people will take the jobs. :shk:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Guilty, of being human. If they keep going at this political correctness we'll soon live in a society where people starting from school age are trained to act like robots. And a slap in the ass is totally not a sexual act, unless you happen to have your other hand in the pocket... and you know what.
I think the adults are just jealous cause they cant slap anyone in the ass without getting harrasment charges :bash:

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Man... PC and harsh punishments are really going over the top nowadays. 13 year old boys slapping girls arses is hardly a sex offence, it's just them having a laugh. It happens all the time!

I mean, fair enough if it was a boy pulling a girl in to some toilets against her will and touching her up or whatever, now that could be considered for a sex offence.

But as the saying goes; boys will be boys, and slapping girls butts in school is a natural prank of being a 13 year old lad!

It's the bullies who go round really beating up on kids for fun that should be punished.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Imho it's rather infantile that the law even is involved in this kind of situations so much. Sexual harrasment in general shouldn't be such a big deal to law. Only if there's threats, discrimination in work place or other such a setup where the victim isn't cabable of defending themselves the law should get involved.
To clarify: Kid slaps a girl in the arse, she doesn't take offense and maybe even slaps him back. Then the kid slaps another one and this one takes offence but rather than getting the big guns involved she punches him in the face or kicks him in the balls, free of charge. Good thing for both, offender learns the risks and such and the victim learns to stand up for themselves.
Then a boss tells someone working under them that unless they get on all fours they'll be fired, in this case the victim should get the law involved as there's no way of defending against such a threat.
It's all about human interaction and that's what this was. Schools in particular should be the places where such is allowed because there the characters are molded for the rest of their lives. If they cannot interact naturally there then the changes increase that they wont be able to do that later in life.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
we'll soon live in a society where people starting from school age are trained to act like robots.

And when you look at who's "engineering" these robots (the government, being public schools and law enforcement) it makes perfect sense. That's exactly what they want!

Frightening...

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What's the difference?

It's kind of like when you have a thread about how a female teacher was having sex with her male students. 100% of the female responses will be "that's disgusting" and "that's rape", while on the other hand 95% of the male responses will be "wow, why couldn't I have had a teacher like that when I was in school?". It's the sexual nature of the human male as opposed to the emotional nature of the human female.

It doesn't make it right, mind you, but it is what it is. Also, if there wasn't a difference in the eyes of authority, the girls would have been charged as well.

OK, now you can let me have it!

Peace

[edit on 26-7-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

And when you look at who's "engineering" these robots (the government, being public schools and law enforcement) it makes perfect sense. That's exactly what they want!

Aren't you being a little unfair to the public schools? Keep in mind this is also happening in private schools. I would say this is societies fault on the whole and should not be limited to public or private shools.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Also, if there wasn't a difference in the eyes of authority, the girls would have been charged as well.

So, you're not saying there's a difference in the actual act, but there's a difference in the way men and women will respond to it? Because in some cases, I think that's true.

Thanks.

Originally posted by shots
Aren't you being a little unfair to the public schools?

I don't think so. I'm unaware of the police arresting kids at private schools, but I could be missing something. I've seen MANY incidents of government-supported schools and law enforcement seeming to try to usurp parents' roles, though.

(There's that word again!)

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
To clarify: Kid slaps a girl in the arse, she doesn't take offense and maybe even slaps him back.

Exactly! When I was in school if you slapped a girl's arse she might turn around and give you a slap in the face, then all the lads have a laugh about it. Even the girl might laugh about it when she sees the funny side!

But I think now it's a case of people relying on police to sort out all their problems because they cant do it for themselves, coupled with female abuse of the system regarding 'sexual harassment'.

People just don't know how to have a laugh anymore, it's like whenever anything happens people are automatically looking for a way to make some drama out of it.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I don't think so. I'm unaware of the police arresting kids at private schools, but I could be missing something.

It Happens in private schools also just not that often keep in mind catholic and private schools use renta cops if you will versus city police thus their actions are not recorded publicaly unless of course they call in civil authorities.

Toronto teenagers charged with the alleged harassment and sexual assault of one of their classmates.

My point here is not so much the action of the police as it is with school officials and teachers who over react if you will. It is they who are causing many of the problems by commencing with actions such as telling children you can no longer eat this nor do that (insert mile long list of now prohibited school activities here). What they are doing is preventing kids from growing up normally as they should. Hell, it has gotten so bad in some areas (Overt Political correctness) that it is ridiculous. Just last month it may have been this month a charter school closed the students moved to a public school and that caused all kinds of problems. All of a sudden a public school banned pork in the cafeteria, Hello what is wrong with that picture, these are public schools and students we are talking about here.

The special accommodations for Carver Elementary's nearly 100 Somali Muslims don't stop with organized prayer. The school cafeteria has banned pork and other foods that conflict with the Islamic diet. Source

I only gave the last example just to show you how bad politically correctness has gone within our public school system and yes, I think in some cases even private schools are also getting way out of hand.

In this case, we had a teacher's aide who should have taken the kid to the principal but apparently not, she took it to a cop instead of letting school officials handle it at first

Then school officials did take action and they were satisfied with a 5-day suspension. Great they did their job.

But no wait a minute, here comes the stupid DA who wants to make a name for himself by setting the kids up as an example just as did the DA in the Duke rape case wanted to do.

Now what did he do, well first he locked them up in jail for five days then he decides to label them as sex offenders for life versus what would happen in the real world on the street. Had this taken place outside of the school at best they might have been charged with simple assault or disorderly conduct. Now what would those charges get you? The answer is simple a fine and you would be on your way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join