It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China covers up 750,000 deaths every year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

The Chinese government has been accused of attempting to cover up nearly three quarters of a million deaths caused by rampant pollution.

I'm not into bashing China for bashing Chinas sake - but something is long over due to be done. Doesn’t Chinas government care about the damage they are doing? That question is rhetorical as it seems obvious to me they do not - neither do they care about their own people.

Sky News

I could list links and links related to this, I do not have time, and we've seen it all before. You could find them for your selves.

It is time for something to be done, but what. Its not just the Chinese govt at fault here, what about the rest of the world - very little seems to be getting done. Here in the Western world we are all encouraged to do our bit - the poor people over there don’t even have a chance in hell of living long enough to care in a lot of places - its sick.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Sorry, but its their problem
The Chinese people had a chance to change their circumstances in the Tiananmen Square revolt a few years back.

If they had worked together they could have had the biggest revolution in History, they failed to support it and they got what they deserved.

There are sufficient people in China for a revolution if they so wish to.
If they want to live in farmyard conditions then thats up to them.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
But when the "farmyard conditions" affect the rest of the world, we have a right to take notice.

The earth is a closed system. China's pollution will affect the rest of us. Their tainted food exports are only the tip of the iceberg.

There was a huge sandstorm in the Gobi a couple years back that made the sky yellow all the way over here in California. The pollution gets around just as easily.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
The earth is a closed system. China's pollution will affect the rest of us. Their tainted food exports are only the tip of the iceberg.

This is the problem - ask the Chinese govt and, after denying any problems of course, I suspect they will say something along the lines of: “Well all other nations had their share of ruining the world during their 'industrial revolutions' and periods of development” (for want of a better phrase).

But the way I see it is, yep we did put out a lot of pollution, but if you look at it was mostly stuff that the Earth could bounce back from relatively quickly - carbon mostly, soot from factories trains etc. Now technology has moved on it's more and more chemicals. A wide variety of complicated problems that are probably not understood very well at all - be that effects on people, the ground and water systems or the all important air we breath.

And as I said before, not all of this problem should be on the poor people of China, who's desire for products packed with circuitbords that are loaded with heavy metals, or cheap displays with God knows what in them?

It's mostly the poor who feel the immediate effects of the rancid conditions enforced on them - do you think they were even aware that the new i-phone was released

p.s. did you know if we had been typing about this in China we would run a real risk of being arrested?

Edit: tidy up. For me school was a convenient place to catch up on missed sleep!

[edit on 22/7/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
If they had worked together they could have had the biggest revolution in History, they failed to support it and they got what they deserved.

There are sufficient people in China for a revolution if they so wish to.
If they want to live in farmyard conditions then thats up to them.

Comments like the above make me puke...

The Chinese people did not deserve what has been happening to them....

How do you plan on fighting tanks and armies armed to the teeth with sticks and stones?....

In a repressive regime like in China and some others people are literally abused by those in power, and the regular people don't have any way of fighting back...

Peaceful demonstrations like what happened during Tianenment square are dealt by the regime with force, so as to stop such demonstrations from spreading...

People in China are still revolting, and some other members and myself have been giving articles showing this, the thing is that such occurrences are not broadcasted in places like China or much of the world media.

new topics

top topics

join